2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

53 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Loafs and the Winnipeg goalie that everyone wanted to trade for have the story of the playoffs so far in the BAD column.

How ironic, could’ve sworn he was a can’t miss who would’ve flourished here.

I didn’t want to trade for Hellebuyck myself this past offseason mostly because I was worried about his age, potential cap hit, and what it would take to get him, but I don’t think he was ever truly made available anyway.  It does go to show that some guys are just not playoff performers though.

He’s put up a 5.22 GAA and .870 save% so far these playoffs.  In a word, OUCH.

I do have to be somewhat fair though…the four goals that Hellebuyck allowed today were far from softies.  The Jets are clearly not playing well.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

Wow Vancouver ties it up with 7 seconds to go. Crazy come back from down 3-1. Great play by Quinn to start it off, broke the dude's ankles lol 

That was an awesome sequence for someone with no dog in the fight. I can’t believe even with their 3rd string goalie in Vancouver is still in this game. Battled back hard

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Caps fvcking BLOW

The East was so pathetic that they represented the 8th seed. Had no business being in this damn thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What a brutal loss for Nashville 

Imagine being a Preds fan, sitting through that intermission thinking “OK, maybe they can still get out of this with a win”…and then Vancouver basically says “Yeah right…fvck right off with that!”  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Imagine being a Preds fan, sitting through that intermission thinking “OK, maybe they can still get out of this with a win”…and then Vancouver basically says “Yeah right…fvck right off with that!”  

It reminds me slightly of game 7 in 2009 in how quickly it happened. Obviously ours was way worse, but it was a stunner and an absolute knockout blow that will be very hard to get up from. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It reminds me slightly of game 7 in 2009 in how quickly it happened. Obviously ours was way worse, but it was a stunner and an absolute knockout blow that will be very hard to get up from. 

That happened on today's date in 2009. I still remember being down in the basement of my parents house playing COD2 on the TV while me and my brother also set up a smaller TV to watch the game on. I had just finished up a match with my buddy when the Canes tied it up

• Vomiting 1

21 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

That happened on today's date in 2009. I still remember being down in the basement of my parents house playing COD2 on the TV while me and my brother also set up a smaller TV to watch the game on. I had just finished up a match with my buddy when the Canes tied it up

Was at my buddy’s place in Buffalo watching and was absolutely numb

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Was at my buddy’s place in Buffalo watching and was absolutely numb

I was in section 2 I think. I was damn near laughing walking out of the arena because i couldn’t believe how fast it happened. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Washington did nothing to stop the Rangers. They’d have had a tougher time going through a wet paper bag. 

Ovechkin couldn’t look more disinterested 

It's a good thing Ovechkin wasn't playing for one of the old Red Army teams, otherwise he'd be sent to Siberia for this performance.

His effort was embarrassing.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

Nucks sweep the two games in Nashville, nighty night Preds, we’ll happily take that choke artist Saros off your hands for you…

Trotz can fvck right off with that sh!t, dude wanted a fvcking mint for elite Saros, now he can cringe after he overplayed his hand and the price plummets.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That was more like Game 2 in 2006 I suppose...should have tied the series then BANG.  God we've had too many of those playoff meltdowns against one franchise.  At least Lou's bad karma against Carolina seems to be carrying over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Washington did nothing to stop the Rangers. They’d have had a tougher time going through a wet paper bag. 

We knew that the Metro 3 and WC2 spots were going to teams that weren’t anything special.  My bud who’s a big Ranger fan basically said that while it’s great to beat the Caps, he’s not making a big deal out of it because it’s obvious that Caps aren’t any good. 

Guess now all Ovechkin gives a damn about is breaking Gretzky’s record?  Because yeah, he sure couldn’t have cared less about this series.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I was there there. It was terrible 🤮

• Like 1

university memory GIF

I was there too with my son. We looked at each other and left. Didn’t say a word to each other for the forty minute ride home. I still remember Paul Maurice’s post game interview. He was very gracious about the win but was as stunned as everyone else. 
Thats a Guy I would like to have as a NJ Devils coach!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Lmao, Nashville was 8 seconds away from tying the series. That has to sting

I don't know how a team recovers from that.  The bench looked shellshocked.  

I think Vancouver blows their doors off and wins the next one easily to move on.

12 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

His goal (no pun intended) is clear at this point - beat the goal scoring record, which he cannot do in the playoffs.

He's already got his cup... I was not at all surprised to see him kinda-sorta-seemingly mentally checked out during this series. 

• Like 1