Predictions For Tonight's Game

SBT

Well, last night's loss was unfortunate but not unexpected against a potent Ottawa Senators team.

Naturally, tonight will be a different story against a banged up Pittsburgh team that's lost 9 straight.

10 straight after tonight.

Elias and Nieuwendyk break out of their slumps as the Devils score at will.

All will be right in Devil Land.

Book it.

Devils 6-0.

Mario whines (a given).

We are exactly what slumping Pittsburgh needs.

Penguins 3, Devils 2.

Just kidding, folks. :D

You may be right. It's not often teams lose 10 straight - the odds are pretty long to do that.

IF the first goal goes to Pitt, then it could cause the Devs to tighten.

Hopefully it would make them mad as hornets.

I expect Devs to win, but we all know hockey is a game where anything can, and sometimes does, happen.

A loss to Pitt tonight is no worse than the way the Devs competed last night (except that its a division opponent).

Most important is that the Devs control long stretches of the game.

That will help build their confidence going forward.

I'm thinking it might help if I don't watch and tape tonight's game. Maybe that'll at least guarantee Nieuwy getting a goal. And if that happens, well, then anything could happen . . . like the Devils scoring 6 goals. :D

With the defensive breakdowns the Devils have been having and the lack of offense, I wouldn't expect an exciting game from the Devils, they are too tight. Not many teams lose 10 in a row.

Who said the Devils had speed, it can't be seen due to poor passing by entire team. Passes are too long and allow oppenent to take away puck/

Who said not to worry the "Big 3' well they have done nothing, haven't stepped up into the offense and they are making defensive mistakes.

There are some defensive players just watching goals being scored, putting forth no effort to block puck or distract player. Who on "D" was on the ice when the 1st goal was scored last night, right Scott Stevens and what was he doing? nothing.

This team has reached the breaking point, and are demonstrating that they don't have it as a team. The first 4 games of the tough 15 were ok, some luck, but the next 5 have been a mess.

They don't have much to trade with so don't expect much, unless Lou spends money which he doesn't have.

Tough times ahead.

Let's assume I am wrong, and they win tonight, what does that tell you, they are playing a weaken team with 9 straight losses.

They have to blow Pittsburgh away offensively to show they are still playoff bound.

Burns can't even find a line for Elias and Gomez is being shifted around,

Niewry doesn't have a place on this team he couldn't score in an open net right now.

Home games are not always a shoo-in but we'll see. Burns had to have reamed some asses (again). I certainly hope there is a win because a loss will be a 4th straight and that is a streak we don't want. They need to get back on track and take advantage of the Pens' weaknesses.

Pens over Devils 3-2 as the Refs call everything on the Devils (NHL can't have Mario's team stay in a slump forever) and Mario gets two goals off the PP (one being a 5 on 3)

Devils PP 0-3

Newey goes 0-21 in his slump.

Devils goals by Stevenson and Brylin

Redrum and DM prohibited posters from using 2 or more names on the old board.

Perhaps that rule should be enforced on this board as well.

With one exception.

Sheepy should be allowed to post as GetReallyReal to counteract some of the negativity on this board.

For some reason there is a problem logging into this forum as GetReal, I have been working with DM to correct for a week, so i registered as Satan since I presently can't get in as GetReal. When the problem gets fixed I will have DM remove Satan and will go back to using GetReal.

SBT, why doesn't it surprise me that you, yes you, would want to have two sets of rules. Where are the Big 3 you hammered us with? Are they still playing defense for the Devils and when are they going to step up into the offense? Yes, Nieder has had some occasions. The Devils can't survive without these 3 starting to put on an offense show without the breakdowns in defense they have each shown. The time is now for the Big 3 or maybe it trade time for them. I'd keep Rafalski and trade the other two for an offense.