Niedermayer to Ducks (CONFIRMED)

Weekes Head

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good that we don't have to spend max on him for 5 years. Bad that he took such a long time deciding. If he would have told Lou earlier we might have had a chance on signing someone else earlier.

(oh, and there is NO WAY I'mgoing to root for the Nieds brothers... It's the front of the jersey that's important, if he doesn't want to be here as captain and go to guy, then FU!)

(oh, and there is NO WAY I'mgoing to root for the Nieds brothers... It's the front of the jersey that's important, if he doesn't want to be here as captain and go to guy, then FU!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that, it sucks because I dont think(im not sure) if we play the Ducks this year at all. Now I have 2 reasons to boo the Ducks whenever they come back to CAA, jiggy and the wussy brothers.

HOI, that offense we know is capable of getting the team into the playoffs. this is proven fact....we saw it done last year. they have added parise, oliwa, plus a full year of kozlov (maybe).

anson carter sucks and, with his lackadaisical style of play, will never be a devil. lindros is an interesting possibility, but the risks are, and always will be, there. mogilny is not going to turn the devils into contenders. he might provide some regular season entertainment, that's about it.

defense ... lou has to address the defense first and foremost.

What happened to the "IN LOU WE TRUST" motto?

That lost some credibility after he decided not to get A defemnsmen at the deadline knowing Stevens was out, then the devils got 100% OWNED by the Flyers in the playoffs.

Nieds screwed this team over, there are basically no decent outside D-men now left to sign to help patch this up.

:argh::argh:

The good news is that we now have the cap room to be a mojor player in next year free agency market which should be really good. I know Lou have always been a big fan of Lecavier.

Please just don't overpay for Rafalski. If Aucoin is at 4 million pay brian 3 million max.

Nieds may have been great but come on.. alot of his greatness came from playing with the likes of Stevens and Brodeur.

We'll see in Anahiem now how good a D-man he really is... and if he was worth 7+ million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

his greatness was hindered by stevens and brodeur. or stevens at the least

this is the federov story all over again...funny how they both went to anaheim...maybe his season will be the same?

Edited by bruins4777