Obligatory Game Thread Florida at NJ

SBT

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

Once again the SBT predicts a relatively easy NJ victory over the Panthers.

3-1.

It's a good thing the SBT dropped Luongo from the fantasy hockey team a LONG time ago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry, LGD.

In NJay's 20 team fantasy hockey league, the SBT's team is set in goal.

The SBT has got Brent Johnson, Patrick Roy, and John Grahame.

No team even comes close when we talk about goaltending.

I'll probably just jinx everything by making any predictions at all . . .

but since Nieuwendyk had a hattrick in 2000, and the game-winner against Boston last year, I'm gonna predict that his New Year's Eve success will carry over to New Year's Day, so chalk up at least a goal for Nieuwy. And of course, a Devils' win!

Happy Nieuw Year!

Here we go again...WTF was with that instigator penalty for Mac? That was even worse than the Langer one several games ago. And it looked like Worrell elbowed TiVo before that in addition, even if he didn't he did take a run at him. Granted the Panthers had three penalties called on them in the period, but yeesh that was asinine.

Marty will get the back to back call in Toronto. It's too big a rivalry not to have him in goal. Did anyone see the 1st goal Florida got in the first period, all I saw was Stevens was taken out of play and they scored, what happened?

Cablevision knows how big Toronto series is so the Friday's game is on FoxSportNet and Saturday night is on Metro, nice get back at Devils and Yankee/Net. Won't bother me cause I will get game in NHL package must be Canada Night, but should bother most of the Devils TV fans

Now it's 2-1 Florida with Gionta hurt. what's going on, Marty should have stopped that 2nd one, I thought.

hey i can follow that from france by the internet...

but it's only words :(

I predicted a very tough games. I like what they're building in Florida, a lot of futures all-stars...

Bouwmeester 16:53 of ice time ranks 1st of the game...he's only 19!

19 overtime in 34 games means a lot : they never give up a game.

Same problems of PP as the devils, and same problems of scoring since two weeks...

Luongo faces a lot of shots every nights, he has up and downs, but i think he's going to be amazing.

GR is correct, just about everyone had a bad game.. Rafalski was solid as usual, Brylin got a nice goal.. but Elias disappeared after the first period, and Gomez and Nieuwendyk were nowhere to be seen.

The Panthers' big defensemen tied up the Devils and Luongo did the rest.