Put yer money where your mouth is

SC Devs Fan

OK, we had the first goal of the season prediction thread which was completely a guess (only because I got it wrong... had White scored then I would sing a different tune), so now a real prediction thread that we can call up at the end of the year... how many points do the Devils finish with this year? Winner gets lunch with, em, Tie Domi and the undying respect of the board (lunch with Tie Domi not included).

I'm first up, so I guess first... 88.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

101 if we can stay out of the shootout or we get elias back in time for a lot of 'em.

with no ties this year I get the feeling we'll see a few more wins then losses, so i'll say we have another 100 point year (not to mention you get points for losses and post overtime VALUE shootouts :P)

with no ties this year I get the feeling we'll see a few more wins then losses, so i'll say we have another 100 point year (not to mention you get points for losses and post overtime VALUE shootouts :P)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! I will not share any undying respect I may get from the board if I win! Pick another number! :P

:evil:

101 if we can stay out of the shootout or we get elias back in time for a lot of 'em.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Elias won't be our best shootout guy. That's Mogilny. He's probably #2, but Elias is less a sniper and more of an opportunist.

And Elias won't be our best shootout guy. That's Mogilny. He's probably #2, but Elias is less a sniper and more of an opportunist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love for Mogs to be the shootout sniper but i just don't trust him yet. I'm afraid he's going to get all hurt and be useless a couple months in. I can totally see him camping out in front of the other goal and some meathead barreling into him causing him to go sprawling on the ice and careening into the goalpost. :puke:

Besides, i like #26's dumb hair changes through the months and how he seems to change it up and alla sudden he's on a scoring streak again ;)

I'm not going to guess at points, but I will go on record as saying I think th NJDevils end up as either the 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs this year, likely with Boston taking up the other slot there.

Ottawa should run away with the norhteast.

Barring a rash of injuries, Tampa should get the south, although Atlanta could give them a run if they solidify their goaltending.

And I hate to say it, but I think phlthy will pull things together and after running neck and neck most of the year with the devils, pull out the division win. Then Montreal and Toronto round out the #6 and #7 spots (tampa and atlanta both make it in, it's just a matter of which is a #3 or #8 seed)

Points could be a bit unpredictable in the "no more tie's" nhl, but i'd guess the devils end up in the low 90's versus phlthy's high 90's, with neither cracking 100.