Grant Marshall-C+

Pascal Rheamue-C+

Jamie Langenbrunner-C

Martin Brodeur-C

Vlad Malakhov-D

Dan McGillis-F

Incomplete-Krys Oliwa, Darren Langdon, Patrik Elias

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other than giving Rafalski an A-, this is exactly how I see it. No bad for a Ranger's dude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like them but I'd give

Almo C

Brylin A+

Kozlov A-

geez, everyone is beating up gomez here, come on gang, he's being asked to do everything, I don't see anyone else, except maybe kozlov (but he's definately a couple steps slower) who has been able to carry the puck into the offensive zone and get things set up. He's the only one who's been consistent on faceoffs (madden got schooled the other night, and he has been our best since holik left), and he's been playing against the best defensive groups the other team has (yeah, that's right, scotty gomez and whoever is out there with him get's matched by the opponents' "madden" line, every shift). I will admit, his timing was off early and I think it's from playing with inferior/slower echl guys for a season (took a few games to get back to the suped up nhl speed). But come on, giving him D's and D- ratings is just foolish - has he really been as awful as malakov, mcgillis, etc?

Same goes for mogilny - I keep hearing the "slow" comment with him - that's always been his game - quick burst when he needs it, get in position for a one timer or pass to the one timer. His game has always been to draw the defender in to him, then burst past him.

Marty is an easy one to pick on too, everyone giving him C's, Have you all been watching him stand on his friggin head trying to keep this team in the game? Any other goalie in there for the first 6 games and suddenly we'd be with the penguins going 0-6 (technically, since we played the penguins twice in there, one of the teams wouldn't have had the 0'fer, but you get the point).

Couple of A's for parise - a bit generous don't you think.

Overall, I don't see anyone with an A yet - none of them have been consistent enough to average an A so far. A lot of B's and B+'s, but no A's. I'd say mostly C's - that's average right? B is above average, A is excellent. We haven't seen "excellent" enough out of anyone, we've seen a lot of average, and a few above average (as well as several well below average, but not yet Failing)

Overall, the team gets a C+ (slightly above average) and really needs to kick it up and start "exceeding expectations" - and expectations are always high here at exit 16Wins.

Overall, I don't see anyone with an A yet - none of them have been consistent enough to average an A so far. A lot of B's and B+'s, but no A's. I'd say mostly C's - that's average right? B is above average, A is excellent. We haven't seen "excellent" enough out of anyone, we've seen a lot of average, and a few above average (as well as several well below average, but not yet Failing)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People deserve A's if you rate them bases on expected performance. Brown Brylin and maybe Kozlov deserve them IMO.

Edited by Elias26

I don't think any of them have brought their A-game, for enough games so far to warrant an A - A is Way Above Average, Excellent, Outstanding, Far Exceeded Expectations. B or B+ would be Above Average, Exceeded Expectations. C is Average, C+ Slightly above average. D is below average, not fullfilling expectations, F is Failing.

I think we've seen some A's in certain games, but not the same people consistently putting up the A's in enough games (and not dragging their average back down with C's in other games) to warrant an A for the season so far. I think we have seen some A games, mixed with some C and B games, to give certain players a B average, I'd give Brylin and Gionta B+, Brown certainly deserves a B, as do Martin and Ralfi. Malakov, McGillis and Matvichuck are all in the C to D range depending on how you rank them - certainly, if salary is considered, Malakov is expected to be much more than he has been, and for that, and his Average to Below Average performances, I'd give him a solid D. McGillis, for untimely penalties and blown coverage, has been a D. matvichuk, because he is not very expensive in relation to those two, maybe he's a C.

And that's the problem, too many C's. Average, just doesn't cut it in the NHL, and certainly not in NJ, we expect above average, sprinkled with Far Exceeded Expectations, each and every night.

It's lou's fault - he's the one that's built up our expectations over the years. Could you imagine how empty the arena would be if we had the penguins team out there?

Almo's shooting is a B.  His on-oce play F-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's back checking, playing defense, gotten some PK time, leads the team in points, assists and second in goals, and has a -0- +/- rating (as opposed to all the minuses you see when you look at the rest of the roster), So where's the F- come from?

If people wanna bow down to my greatness, thats their business. But in all seriousness, I wasnt being over dramatic. Im not talking about 2 weeks ago when I was talking trades, I was referencing nearer to Oct 5th when I posted about Malakhov and McGillis and most people disagreed.

Most on this board are so in love with NJ that they cant even see their own blinding bias. People think Parisi gets an A just cuz hes a jersey prospect when 50 other rookies are playing better than him. They think Brodeur is having a good year when he's let in like a crap goal in every game almost. Everything is spun to the max. When NJ plays poorly, the sentiment is "good effort, little result."

So you dont have to bow down, but you can kiss my grits. Im as big a NJ fan as any, but at least I can see when the players are sucking it up like the sponge Messiers nurse uses on his ass.

You guys are just mad that the Friesen hater has shut up since his being traded, and now theres no one else to combat your homogenized views of the team.

I don't understand how Gomez is less than a B on any grading, especially if your giving Gionta and Brylin----his linemates: A

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His linemates have been more consistent. Gomez got off to a bad start but has played better the last few games.

I'll say this. I thought about giving Parise a B- instead of a B based on his lack of production. He got off to a good start but has slowed down. But his effort earned him a B in my estimation.

If people wanna bow down to my greatness, thats their business.  But in all seriousness, I wasnt being over dramatic.  Im not talking about 2 weeks ago when I was talking trades, I was referencing nearer to Oct 5th when I posted about Malakhov and McGillis and most people disagreed.

Most on this board are so in love with NJ that they cant even see their own blinding bias.  People think Parisi gets an A just cuz hes a jersey prospect when 50 other rookies are playing better than him.  They think Brodeur is having a good year when he's let in like a crap goal in every game almost.  Everything is spun to the max.  When NJ plays poorly, the sentiment is "good effort, little result."

So you dont have to bow down, but you can kiss my grits.  Im as  big a NJ fan as any, but at least I can see when the players are sucking it up like the sponge Messiers nurse uses on his ass. 

You guys are just mad that the Friesen hater has shut up since his being traded, and now theres no one else to combat your homogenized views of the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about you actually read other people's posts? No one has ever said that Malakov and McGillis have been playing well BUT mostly everyone agrees that they aren't going to be traded or waived because than why would other UFA's want to sign here knowing that Lou would get rid of them in their first year of their contract? It just makes no sense. It would also help if you would actually look at the grades people posted as well. Not one person on this board gave the whole team A's and B's and has said the team is playing excellent.

If people wanna bow down to my greatness, thats their business.  But in all seriousness, I wasnt being over dramatic.  Im not talking about 2 weeks ago when I was talking trades, I was referencing nearer to Oct 5th when I posted about Malakhov and McGillis and most people disagreed.

Most on this board are so in love with NJ that they cant even see their own blinding bias.  People think Parisi gets an A just cuz hes a jersey prospect when 50 other rookies are playing better than him.  They think Brodeur is having a good year when he's let in like a crap goal in every game almost.  Everything is spun to the max.  When NJ plays poorly, the sentiment is "good effort, little result."

So you dont have to bow down, but you can kiss my grits.  Im as  big a NJ fan as any, but at least I can see when the players are sucking it up like the sponge Messiers nurse uses on his ass. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you even actually read the board or what? About 95% of what you just said in reference to our posters is way off base.

If you're just coming here to flame this website, you might as well leave.

50 other rookies playing better than Parise? You are sorely mistaken. Just because Parise isn't playing 20 minutes a game and out there all the time (cough Ovechkin Crosby cough), doesn't mean he isn't playing well. Besides Gio and Brylin, I think he has been our best forward.

Edited by Voros19

I think the only guy IMO really deserving an A grade is Gionta (although Brylin is close).

The guy has been the most consitant and has played some really good hockey, playing with 100% effort every shift and with 5 goals to his name this year.

+ did anyone see his hit on Grier in the game against buffalo :hail::evil: , Grier was shocked and got up slowly :dance:.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

+ did anyone see his hit on Grier in the game against buffalo  :hail:  :evil: , Grier was shocked and got up slowly :dance:.

Little G had TWO good hits in the first period against Buffalo. A mighty-might wrecking ball if you were.... After the Grier hit I was like "WHO WAS THAT GUY! AWESOME HIT! #14!?!?!?!?!" :)

OK guys, still getting up to speed on posting here as I have just been reading for a LONG time. Here we go.....

What is happening now is exactly what I expected, and I am fine with it. We are getting used to being #1 or #2 in conference and winning all the time, yet look at history. Our playoff successes for the most part were when we weren't #1 or 2 in regular season!!!

Brodeur - still our lord and saviour. We cannot hang him out to dry so much. Poor Clemmensen has been amazing as well, and most goals against him have been of no fault of his.

Defense - I used to be Brown hater, but he hasn't looked to bad. Rafalski is the rock back there and Martin/White have to keep doing their job. McGillis has been what I expected and I am not too disappointed there (I mean what did you expect from him?), but Malakhov is just how I remembered him before. Time to say bye bye. Sorry Lou. I would love to see Hale as a full timer here, but if it's to fill a seventh spot, then leave him in Albany to play. I think there needs to be a whip cracked here, as our main problem has been sloppy play in our own zone, which used to our saving grace! Tighten that stuff up!!!!!

Forwards - Hmmm. I do not get what people on this board see in Kozlov. I mean the hatred to Freisen while loving Kozlov is a big reason why I haven't joined until now. I think Kozlov is a big, lazy oaf (?) and he needs to go. He stick handles too much, doesn't shoot enough, is never in the right place and is terrible in the defensive end. Sorry guys, but trade him to Washington for Friesen - meaning Kozlov should have been the one to go.

I think Gomer is flying out there, and needs to get his head and body straightened out. Sarge and Gio look amazing....I would much rather see Sarge on line 2 when Elias is back than Kozlov. Parise has looked good at times, and other times I don't even know he's on the ice. There was a lot of hype on this board about him before the season, which is so wrong before you see someone in the NHL game. (Bonk, Daigle, all supposed to be the next Mario). However, I like Parise a lot and wish to see him stay centering line 2, we just need to give him time to adjust.

Waiving Oliwa was great...too much $ for him. I wouldn't mind seeing a youngster from the farm playing on the fourth line, not a scorer but a plugger. Do not mess with Mad Dog - Langs - Pando line.....even thought Jamie has been non-existent on the score sheet, taken some bad penalties, he's still valuable on this line and penalty killing.

Overall, the team gets a C+....goaltending has been A++++, defensive end coverage has been D-, offense get B+, we just need to put it all together now, cover our end, and get the goals against down!!!!!!