Ovechkin is ridiculous

MadDog2020

I still think hes better then Crosby, and the most entertaining player in hockey.

I don't want to pick on Crosby, I mean hes one of the few players who showed up to play and already carrying a load for the veterans. But unless Crosby takes his game up a couple of notches this season, the Calder should go to Ovechkin hands down. He's 75% of the team it seems. I suspect though Ovechkin will get snubbed in the end and the calder will go to Crosby instead.

Edited by E-Devil

One thing to remember, Ovechkin is nearly two years older then Crosby and has played in a mens league since 16. For now he is better then Crosby. Anyone see the hit he layed on Vishnovski when he had the puck. Wow

Are you saying that Cindy should be sent down till he is ready? Or Ovechkin is that good that he was playing with much better competition than Cindy?

One thing to remember, Ovechkin is nearly two years older then Crosby and has played in a mens league since 16. For now he is better then Crosby. Anyone see the hit he layed on Vishnovski when he had the puck. Wow

Doesn't matter why he's better, Ovechkin IS better than Crosby, at least for now. And he DOES play a different game. He's also bigger and stronger than Crosby and, although Crosby has a few more years of growth ahead of him, I'm not sure he'll ever play that same game. I, for one, happen to like Ovechkin's game better. But it's just a personal preference. Getting back to the fact that Ovechkin is better than Crosby, though, it probably doesn't matter. Because the NHL PR machine will rob Ovechkin of the Calder. And that's a shame. For example, why was Crosby the featured rookie on the NBC broadcast yesterday between the @nd and 3rd period and not Ovechkin when Ovechkin is clearly having the better season with less to work with? And Washington actually has 2 more points than the Pens, 3 more wins and has played 2 fewer games? Why do you think that is? It sure isn't anyone except Ovechkin and maybe Kolzig. But the NHL wanted NBC to feature Crosby and they showed Crosby.

Doesn't matter why he's better, Ovechkin IS better than Crosby, at least for now. And he DOES play a different game. He's also bigger and stronger than Crosby and, although Crosby has a few more years of growth ahead of him, I'm not sure he'll ever play that same game. I, for one, happen to like Ovechkin's game better. But it's just a personal preference. Getting back to the fact that Ovechkin is better than Crosby, though, it probably doesn't matter. Because the NHL PR machine will rob Ovechkin of the Calder. And that's a shame. For example, why was Crosby the featured rookie on the NBC broadcast yesterday between the @nd and 3rd period and not Ovechkin when Ovechkin is clearly having the better season with less to work with? And Washington actually has 2 more points than the Pens, 3 more wins and has played 2 fewer games? Why do you think that is? It sure isn't anyone except Ovechkin and maybe Kolzig. But the NHL wanted NBC to feature Crosby and they showed Crosby.

I disagree Sue. if this keeps up their is no doubt Ovechkin will win the Calder no matter how much the league wants Crosby to win it. After the first 25 games Crosby looked better but he has done hardly anything since while Ovechkin keeps scoring. Most people know that Ovechkin is doing better and it would be hard not to give the Calder to Ovechkin just because the NHL wants Crosby to get it.

Edited by devilsrule33

When is AO going to get a commercial? If the league was serious about promoting their best two rookies, he would be featured. That's why this league cannot be taken seriously. They're proving it in some aspects already.

Forget about him being ridiculous, he's not human. He scored a goal against the Coyotes today, it was insane, on his back he swings his stick (not even facing the net) and scores a goal. It will be a highlight reel for sure.

my friend called me about that, i need to see this. 2 goals and an assist tonight, damn...so...what is this rookie wall people were speaking of?

I had another thought today...

Ovechkin is already a dominant player....he has over DOUBLE the amount of points that the 2nd leading scorer on his team has..that is insane!!!

Call me nuts, how about OC getting a small consideration for the Hart? Why not if he scores 65+?