What country wins the gold medal in Turin??

LOTCB

Who will win the Gold Medal in Men's Hockey in Turin?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose:

• Canada
    • United States
    • Czech Republic
    • Russia
    • Sweden
    • Finland
    • Slovakia
    • Germany
    • Other (please specify)

I'm going with Italy. Little is known about this team and their goalie is unscouted. We know next to nothing about his strengths and weaknesses. And the home crowd advantage will be HUGE.

Edited by Don

Yeah, I can't wait to see what the score is for the Canada-Italy opener :rolleyes: Wonder if Luongo plays that game cause of his quasi-Italian connection though Marty will want to play the opener too lol.

It's probably gonna be Canada again :P Even if they have nine billion defensemen out, they still have talent to burn and half the top teams really don't have the goaltending to win a short tournament. Only the Czechs and potentially Sweden can hold their own in that area, and Sweden's generally never been a clutch team.

If Laviolette did the smart thing and found a way to give one of his goalies the flu so he could drop him and bring on Miller I MIGHT go with the US, but man that goaltending is scary. Even Grahame who was hot a week ago has now gone cold again as Tortorella's game of musical goalies continues.

Edited by Hasan4978

I thought Forsberg was in???

I voted for..Slovakia...ha!! SIKE!!! lmao Canada biatches..ALL THE WAY!!! :boogie:

I'm going with silver for the Czechs as well and bronze for Sweden. We finish 6th behind Finland and Russia.

Man, Team USA sure is being given a chance. :(

Oh well. Them and the Russians are definitely under the radar.

As I said: no goaltending.

Esche is capable of being good. Look at how he played at the World Cup in '04. DiPietro is also capable of getting hot. Grahame I am iffy on. Again, a lot will depend on how well the forwards play. If they can cycle the puck effectively, maybe the goalies won't be seeing as many shots. And the one thing I really like are the forwards. There's a lot of grit.

USA is going to be a joke forget about goaltending just looking at the d-men makes me sick. I will not be rooting for USA this year because Derian Hatcher and Chris Chelios are on the team.

Reclaiming all the success they had in the UHL with the Mechanics!

I live Laviolette as coach, but piece by piece, we lack the quality of the Czechs, Canada and Sweden.

Gomer, Gio and Rafi (if he plays) and I love Blake, but beyond that....

I think the Czechs will win big, especially the way Jagr, Straka and Nylander have been playing this year.

Is Kozlov on the Russian team???