Game Six Thread, Go Oilers,,,

annabelle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pverjoyed Juicy got his shutout, the quote of the game has got to be, "being an nhl coach is like being a jackas$ caught in a hailstorm, the only thing you can do is stand there and take it." Bob Cole, talking about Laviolette in the dying minutes of the third....

Love it!

Going to seven, a great excuse not to go to class that night, gotta stay home and watch the Canes take it at home....

I wonder what excuses Laviolette will unload after this one...the refs sucked? They haven't injured enough Oilers yet?

People have been saying that Ward is too inexperienced to realize the pressure he's under...but he has to be feeling it now..GO OILERS!

I am so glad nobody else started this as i was DARED to start this games thread earlier in the week...

GO Canes, take it in front of the Deadmonton fans.... :dance::giggle:

4-0 baby!

I Love You, annabelle! :wub: See ya Monday, baby!?! Don't let me down girl! :evil:

shut out...

hmmm.

<_<

that's cool I guess. Can we force Pronger to keep his mouth guard in so i can stand to look at him for moer than .5 of a second?

PK i was thinking maybe we can force him to wear the complete face mask thing so he bearable for another 60 minutes...

C'mon Juicy get the SO....:)

S'what happens....

Yeah way to try to score some popularity votes, Harpers such a tool

Don't get me wrong.... I hate Harper as much as the next guy. However, his one and only redeeming value is that he really, truely does love hockey. I don't think he was posturing for votes given that he had no idea the camera was on him.

I wonder what excuses Laviolette will unload after this one...the refs sucked? They haven't injured enough Oilers yet?

I was going to post the same thing. I think it's going to be crying about the refs calling too many men and the building was too loud for him to talk. We should make a poll.

Edited by sandman441

4-0 baby!

I Love You, annabelle! :wub: See ya Monday, baby!?! Don't let me down girl! :evil:

Masked, i aim to please, it was my pleasure :lol:

S'what happens....

Don't get me wrong.... I hate Harper as much as the next guy. However, his one and only redeeming value is that he really, truely does love hockey. I don't think he was posturing for votes given that he had no idea the camera was on him.

Yeah, they were saying that he is writing a book about hockey and he was interviewed by Scott Oake during the first intermission, seemed to know what he was talking about, except for calling the lockout a "strike"

I dunno what it is, but people seem more psyched up for the Oilers than they were for the Flames. Perhaps the mood was tepid given the shadow of the lockout....

I swear, Monday night will be the highest rated game on CBC since the Heritage Classic.

great game by the oilers...

the kandykanes look like a bunch of beaten down prison punks...monday the oilers need to come out and clock another punishing 60 minutes and the cup will be going to the great expansive void, alberta!

IM GOING TO GAME 7 WOOOOOOO ANYONE ELSE GOING?

ME TOO!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My husband is a Canes fan and he is so nervous he is about to throw up :puke::rofl:

At this point....I don't even care. I just want to see the cup. It will be my first one in the 16 years I have been watching hockey. I'm just going to pull for a great game and the goalies because I love goalies in general. :boogie:

I was going to post the same thing. I think it's going to be crying about the refs calling too many men and the building was too loud for him to talk. We should make a poll.

I have thought and said the 'Canes (especially Laviolette & R.B) were whining as much as anyone on the board but I have to say that he was totally whine-less in the press conference, at least that I saw. Blamed his own teams' performance, praised the Oilers'. Didn't blame the refs. I'm not sure if he was replaced by a pre-programmed anti-whine android for the conference or he was just so disgusted by the total failure of his team that he told the truth or what, but we shouldn't blame him when he does whine and then fail to give credit when he behaves well.

I wanted to start one...but I was waiting for you to start one to bring good luck to the Oilers ;):P

LETS GO OILERS!!!!!!!

:lol::rofl: Man, I didn't even know about this. No wonder the Canes played like a bunch of zombies. They never stood a chance. :giggle: Plus I made that guarantee. B )

I usually don't put much emphasis on pregame stuff. But we were over oilers88's place and when they showed the two locker rooms, I remarked at how loose Edmonton seemed compared to how tight Carolina looked. Body language sometimes tells you a lot.

I also thought the Canes bringing back Cole was a panic move similar to when the Flyers played Lindros in '00 Game 6. And btw...he just like Lindros was the Canes best player outside the goalie (could easily have been 9 or 10-0). It's never a good sign when a teammate raved about "their surprise." Like one player is going to save them. Tells me they weren't prepared.

I have a hard time believing the Canes can rebound from how utterly dominated they were last night and the final two periods of Game 5. I don't think home ice matters. It's about will, health and momentum. Edmonton has all three right now. Plus younger legs. And they also have almost no pressure. They might be just inexperienced enough to pull this off.

I along with my bro 94 Obsession will be at oilers88's again along with LOTCB. So it will be fun to see what happens.

P.S. Those Edmonton fans were awesome!!!!!

I am guarenteeing (holy spelling,,lol) an Oilers win monday....exxxxceeelleennntttt :ph34r:

Annabanana! What is going on? Why isn't your reverse positive (don't call it negative) energy working?

Wait, I think I know, you are trying to bring the Oilers to the brink of winning only to have it taken away at the last second by a lucky bounce! Tell me it's true! :evil:

it's all part of the master plan........:)

I have thought and said the 'Canes (especially Laviolette & R.B) were whining as much as anyone on the board but I have to say that he was totally whine-less in the press conference, at least that I saw. Blamed his own teams' performance, praised the Oilers'. Didn't blame the refs. I'm not sure if he was replaced by a pre-programmed anti-whine android for the conference or he was just so disgusted by the total failure of his team that he told the truth or what, but we shouldn't blame him when he does whine and then fail to give credit when he behaves well.

I will because I hate him. I haven't heard any after game interviews that's a bad thing because on ESPN news they used to have them. I kind of miss that but OLN is better.