12/6/06 GAME DAY: Habs vs Devils

themiddle91489

I think Doc said sometime in January during the game last Saturday. It was so weird seeing a guy wearing the full cage, like it didn't look right. I'm not sure why, though, I grew up watching college hockey, and I wear a full cage myself.

He didn't wear it during pre game skate.

BUt it does look odd seeing it in the NHL.

I didn'y hear but maybe one remark from those classy

Flyer fans :rolleyes: while there.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoo isnt working for me either.. real annoying whats the deal

Did it just stop or is there no link?. If there is no link go back to the page and under where it says WATCH LIVE! nhl games you have to clikc it there. The only reason I said that is because I was waiting for the link to come up on the scoreboard and it never did.

Edited by sandman441

You know what they say about having to play 60 minutes to get the win... the Devils played from the 55 minute point on. I realize that Montreal was playing the trap to perfection and it took Gomez's speed to break through it, but they just didn't seem to have much energy in the second period at all (it took me all first period to get the game working off Yahoo).

Good to have a game-winner from Elias.

You know what they say about having to play 60 minutes to get the win... the Devils played from the 55 minute point on. I realize that Montreal was playing the trap to perfection and it took Gomez's speed to break through it, but they just didn't seem to have much energy in the second period at all (it took me all first period to get the game working off Yahoo).

Good to have a game-winner from Elias.

This is just not true.

Yes, they struggled to get things going in the second period - but in the third they had plenty of energy and were being denied only by a combination of Aebischer, luck, and the Montreal defense. New Jersey was clearly the better team tonight and deserved to win.

I felt this game was played far better than a lot of their OT or shootout wins. Montreal's looking pretty solid on D - imagine if they had a decent goaltender.

Elias was so due for that goal, he was the best Devil the entire night.

Tell you what, Gomez is the **BEST** at getting into the offensive zone in the entire league. He gets the puck behind Brodeur and the cage, within 5 seconds he's creating a scoring chance. Every time. This guy needs to be signed forever.

Devs had heart and speed the entire night. They were finally rewarded in the 3rd and OT.

Edited by NJayDevil

This is just not true.

Yes, they struggled to get things going in the second period - but in the third they had plenty of energy and were being denied only by a combination of Aebischer, luck, and the Montreal defense. New Jersey was clearly the better team tonight and deserved to win.

I felt this game was played far better than a lot of their OT or shootout wins. Montreal's looking pretty solid on D - imagine if they had a decent goaltender.

Absolutely right. All night we were getting pretty good chances, but the puck doesn't just wasn't bouncing our way. On nights like tonight, you keep doing what you're doing, keep driving the net and, eventually, one's gonna fall. The Devils were persistent all night and it paid off. Great win!!

Does anyone remember in 2003, I can't remember who the Devils were playing against, but they were down 1-0 the entire game. With 30 seconds left Langenbrunner drills it into the net.

I remember Nieuwy saying something like, if you play well all game, sometimes its going to take 59:30 to score.

Thats what today was like. The devils were clearly the superior team all game long. The Habs got the one goal off a mistake by Brodeur, but after that it was really all Devils for the rest of the game. Games like these are fun.

Im from Montreal, And i can say that the Media/110% Tqs show of Montreal, always exagarate the situation. They always need a excuse for the defeat for their Habs. Now, Souray will be hated by the fans, Bc of his 2errors that cost 2goals. Brodeur said tow www.rds.ca , he would never play for the Canadiens, cause there is to much pressure of medias/fans. Ur playing 1bad game, They will hate you. Some times, its getting tired for me, to live with that. Any wayz, the new hockey is: Getting back from 1-3goals? The devils just did that!. At least, the newPapers La Presse got some Great reporters from montreal.