In Pittsburgh They Stay!

njdevil26

Good. The last thing the league needed was another market that could care less about the game like Kansas City or Vegas. Pittsburgh is a gret hockey town- they deserve to keep their team.

My thoughts exactly. It would've been a horrible move for the league if the team relocated, Pittsburgh does have a great hockey town.

God i hope our defensive prospects work out, and marty can still play nearly every game for the next 15 years :P

Either that or we somehow trade for Dione Phanufe :dance:

Seroulsey, this is good for everyone concerned. it keeps the rivalrys alive and they can only get more interesting as time goes on :)

IT's really no big deal for them. They're used to their team intentionally taking a dive in order to load up on talent.

It's cheap AND effective!

<JESTER>

:lol:

Its good for Pitts burgh...

everyother teamin the east was hoping they would goto Vegas...

This team will be scarey good in 2 years... They have the potential to be the next great dynasty...

In 2 years FA comes at an even younger age too $$$$

Its good for Pitts burgh...

everyother teamin the east was hoping they would goto Vegas...

This team will be scarey good in 2 years... They have the potential to be the next great dynasty...

They'll be scary good next year. You can write that down. We're gonna have our work cut out for us with these guys for the next 10 years.

I'm glad to hear they are staying. Unless their planned destination was someplace worthwhile (Canada) I didnt want to see them move.

Pittsburgh will have bigger cap problems in a couple years than everyone realizes. Sid the kid is the cornerstone of the franchise, they will pay him whatever he wants. Staal, Malkin, Fluery, Crosby...that will be tough to keep them all.

I'm glad to hear they are staying. Unless their planned destination was someplace worthwhile (Canada) I didnt want to see them move.

Pittsburgh will have bigger cap problems in a couple years than everyone realizes. Sid the kid is the cornerstone of the franchise, they will pay him whatever he wants. Staal, Malkin, Fluery, Crosby...that will be tough to keep them all.

That's what we have to hope for- cap problems. :P

I'm happy they are staying too... like it was said, those fans deserve a lot better then the under the bus treatment they have gotten from their "saviour" owner :P

but for the team itself... let them even try to pretend they have an acceptable level of defensive play which you need for playoff hockey and THEN I will consider them a threat

how weird is it going to be to see Ottawa have to play defensive and conservative in the playoffs if they keep the 4/5 matchup???