If We Were To Strip Stevens Of The "c"

SC Devs Fan

Not that I think it will happen (nor should it), but if it was passed on who gets it?

My vote... ummm.... well, this team seems lacking in leaders. Hard to give it to Neiwy as he might be leaving... Neids? That would get a rise out of the 'trade Neids' people who populated this board earlier in the year.

Could Marty be our Captain?

Nope, i believe there is a rule that says you cant have the goalie as the captain of the team. Something about him not being able to leav the crease to get explinations from the ref.

I dont see nieds as a captain. He is just too layed back for it. Not the guy that circles the wagons in times of trouble im afraid. Nor do i feel he could motivate these guys, especially when he himself isnt motivated everytime he hits the ice.

At this point there is no stand out candidate for the captancy now, or when Stevens retires at the end of this or next year. It will be a big hole to fill.

744 needs the bouncing blob back! :lol:

Maybe Madden if he remains consistant next year. Nieuwy would seem like a bandaid...but he might get my vote. But see both those two candidates are too self depricating or so it seems.

Stevens is for certain hard on himself but it seems like he sucks it up -- SOME see that as not taking responsibility for his shortcomings...but a good captain can't indulge in selfpity...which IMO self-deprication and hyper self-criticism really boils down to when you look at the big picture. It's as selfish as ego-trip puck hogging etc. even if it is the flip side. not that those guys are that bad -- I'm just, you know...finding a way to make this all about Stevens :evil:

If talking right now, then I'd give it to Nieuwendyk. He acts like a captain even without a letter on his sweater.

For the future, I could see Maddern get it. For a dark horse, I wouldn't be surprised to see White get it. Most captains come from top scorers, but a lot come from big tough defensmen types.

ESB wrote:

I was hoping you'd comment on stripping Stevens personally, but I guess you're in Mom mode.

Nah-- I was just afraid I'd over used that one! Hmmm...come to think of it, that would sort of mean we'd posted about stripping him of the C a little too often too then, wouldn't it?

He looked pretty cute in the modestly yellow tie the other night :) Usually it's the light gray on smoke or blue on smoke -- He got a haircut too! I love short hair on men -- sigh... I love it when my husband gets a haircut!! See I only wish Stevens was playing better so there'd be more off ice footage of him! Let's face it I only like them making the finals because then I see Stevens every night in the pre and post games shows! That's all that really matters! :P

I think Madden...

White is the future of the team if we keep him... Stevens II... I think he'll make a good captain in about 5 years...

I like players with experience... Madden doesnt have enough to my liking, but he's a better choice than Nieds... ;)

Don't forget that Nieuwy was Captain in Calgary. And, PK, I think he's tougher on the inside than we ever see. But unless he signs for a couple of years, I can't see him getting the "C". I'd give it to Madden when Stevens is through with it.

And give Jamie an "A".

What shocks me is GR didn't start this thread :lol:

Stevens will not be stripped of the C period; if he got hurt however, then I guess logically you'd have to give it to Nieds. It'd be kind of unusual to make a guy who isn't an A (Niewy) the new C, though he'd be a more natural fit and he has been a captain before.

If Niewy were to come back, I would defintely say him - he's got the class and poise, plus the hockey knowledge to be a shoo-in. If not, I have to says Nieds because he's been with the team for a long time, and.... I don't know, I just have a feeling. lol, I don't know how to say what I'm thinking here..... :D