Elias out tonight

PeteyNice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't want him around the team with a cold either - and again, it could be more than a cold. better to be safe than get 3 other guys infected and have an ineffective elias out there. i think he'll be back if not saturday than certainly by game 3.

to question elias's toughness seems way off. he came back early from his bout with hepatitis and performed terrifically. just because he has a name like 'elias' and stevens has a name like stevens doesn't mean he cares any less about winning.

So our CAPTAIN is out with a head cold?

Seriosuly can you imagine Scott Stevens ever doing this? Granted the way Elias came back from Hepetitis was an impressive display of toughness, but this is the playoffs. Elias with a head cold > any of our usual healthy scratches.

you don't want him around the team with a cold either - and again, it could be more than a cold. better to be safe than get 3 other guys infected and have an ineffective elias out there. i think he'll be back if not saturday than certainly by game 3.

to question elias's toughness seems way off. he came back early from his bout with hepatitis and performed terrifically. just because he has a name like 'elias' and stevens has a name like stevens doesn't mean he cares any less about winning.

Is there a player on our roster that hasn't had his toughness or commitment to the team questioned this season?!?! I could see questioning it on other teams but the Devils have been and always be the epitome of the team concept...now I'm not saying some players play with 110% heart every time all the time but not everyone has to be questioned.....Triumph is right and as Devils731 said...if Elias and Lou thinks Elias should sit then so it is written so it is done....

Is there a player on our roster that hasn't had his toughness or commitment to the team questioned this season?!?! I could see questioning it on other teams but the Devils have been and always be the epitome of the team concept...now I'm not saying some players play with 110% heart every time all the time but not everyone has to be questioned.....Triumph is right and as Devils731 said...if Elias and Lou thinks Elias should sit then so it is written so it is done....

I would rather he sit tonight and get healthy and keep that crap out of the locker room instead of him playing tonight at 70% or less and feeling like crap the rest of the playoffs.

you guys know what position elias plays right?

what about clarkson?

unless you want to move brylin up, gionta down, and put clarkson on the top line with brylin and gomez on the right wing, it's not going to happen. other possibilities include moving rasmussen up, and putting clarkson on the 4th line.

As usual the forum goes off the deep end at the first opportunity. Did nobody read the couple of articles posted in the last week or so that detailed how Elias was fatigued at times this year? This is the guy's first FULL season coming back off Hep A, I wouldn't be surprised if he was running out of steam, and illnesses affected him more than your normal player. Hopefully it won't be this way next year after having a full season under his belt now that he doesn't have the Hep A anymore.

I wouldn't automatically assume it's 'worse' than a cold just because we never get a straight answer from the Devils, it could be a bad flu too. And I sure as hell don't want him affecting the rest of the team either, that could be as much as anything what it is.

I like Clarkson too but you're just not putting a rookie in a position he's never played in a playoff game. I'd probably rather have Brylin on the first line than Rasmussen but I guess they don't want to take him off the checking line.

As usual the forum goes off the deep end at the first opportunity. Did nobody read the couple of articles posted in the last week or so that detailed how Elias was fatigued at times this year? This is the guy's first FULL season coming back off Hep A, I wouldn't be surprised if he was running out of steam, and illnesses affected him more than your normal player. Hopefully it won't be this way next year after having a full season under his belt now that he doesn't have the Hep A anymore.

I wouldn't automatically assume it's 'worse' than a cold just because we never get a straight answer from the Devils, it could be a bad flu too. And I sure as hell don't want him affecting the rest of the team either, that could be as much as anything what it is.

I like Clarkson too but you're just not putting a rookie in a position he's never played in a playoff game. I'd probably rather have Brylin on the first line than Rasmussen but I guess they don't want to take him off the checking line.

I know Elias had what 3 assists in game 6 against the Lightning, but they were 3 very quiet assists, and I remember questioning along with a few others in the chat room if he looked healthy or injured or something. I dont know but maybe he has been battling a flu or some sort of infection since the end of that series, because he certainly seemed to have more "jump" in the first game or 2. So that being said I know that on a few occasions I have had a severe sinus infection and flu, and not only drains you but you feel sooo weak. So it could also be affecting his stomach to where he cant keep anything in him, and if that is the case I could see him not being ready to play tonight. Also that being said if it is the tail end of it, maybe he is getting his strength back, and he could easily be ready for Saturday. Just lending an opinion thats all. I am by no means a doctor.

I am not one to question how a player is feeling..only Patrik knows how he is feeling for sure...and Hep A does change things for sure...

I just wonder if the Devils could have just labeled this a bad flu instead of a "head cold" right from the beginning to avoid questions about Elias's committiment, especially considring he has the C.

Oh come now, this is the Devils, they never do ANYthing right PR-wise :doh1::giggle:

I'll say this, if there was 'any' concern about Patrik jaking it - in a playoff game - with LOU behind the bench?! He'd have gotten stripped of the C within seconds and traded to Siberia or the Blackhawks, whoever would give Lou more.

I don't want to go down the "Leadership" road again but if it's only a cold he should be ashamed of himself. If it's worse than the flu then I'll eat my words, but if he plays Saturday what else are we supposed to believe?

On a positive note, I'd move Sarge up to the 1st line and have Rass reunite on Madden's line and insert Cam on the 4th line.