Ty Conklin

brodeurfanatic

Reminds me of when Hedberg got off to a 14-1 start or something like that with the Pens. There's a reason this guy's bounced around without much success for years, eventually he'll cool off.

Then again you could say the same about some of our reclamation projects like Mottau.

Conklin is an average goalie at best. When you've got one of the most talented and skilled offensive lines in the NHL in front of you, you are already up by 3 goals, and all the egos of the Rangers players cannot decide where to aim the puck at, ...what can you do?

Additionally, and I can't stress this enough, he's getting all the spotlight because he's in goal for the Pittsburg Sidneys, when the Devils went on their hot winning streak at the end of last year - almost nobody knew or cared - and those that did said "Oh yeah, they have Brodeur" - so it has become expected.

Regardless, their wasn't nearly this much press. Many even fail to mention how they had ATL at their will last Sat. until they battled back and Mr. Magical Malkin blew the chance to put it away in the shootout. Not matter what PITT does it will always be HUGE and SPECTACULAR because everyone is gritting their teeth and hoping the Sidney Crosby is going to single-handedly make the NHL a top 3 sport someday in the future.

I know the kid is talented, but I'm sick of hearing about, he's a spoiled brat crybaby and nothing woul dmake me happier than to see someone like VV go all "Eric Lindros" on him ala Scott Stevens. Remember how sick we all were of hearing the name Eric Lindros?????? Maybe then the media and public will realize that there are other equally talented young players in the league who have the concept of a team...ala Zach. :rant::evil::rant:

Edited by DevilinLA

If I remember, Conklin has been good before, when with Edmonton. Not to the tune of 10-0-1 but decent anyway. He's not elite and likely never will be. But I would say his upside is still a number 1/1A goalie.
Edited by mddevsfan