Rachunek

msweet

I never warmed up to this guy from the first day of the season. I wasn't high on him when he came here, but he has still disappointed me. It seems like he has the tools to do more on the power play and offensively, and be more than a rotating 3rd pairing defenseman but he can't seem to put it together. I guess that is kind of the story of his career. I really hope that Lou lets him walk at the end of the year. It is just not working out with him here.

Take away his game recently against the Flyers, it seems like he gets burned in the defensive zone, struggles to keep the puck in the offensive zone, and doesn't play physical enough. Out of all the players on the team, he is really the only guy that I can't get a positive feeling about, or at least feel like he belongs as a Devil. Hopefully we see more of an improved Andy Greene in the 2nd half.

He has had some flashes of decent play. Having said that, more often than not, when looking at who most often gets burned by being out of position, I see an awful lot of Rachunek. At least if he would smoke someone every once in a while like VV it would be easier to like him. Very inconsistent.

funny - i'm actually ok with him. he has offensive capabilities and can be an asset on the PP. he also uses his body when the need arises.

I don't get why people think Rachunek is so great on the PP. He has one PP assist in 32 games this year. He had 15 power play points in 66 games last year which isn't terrible except for the fact that the Rangers' #1 PP was so loaded and they really had nobody else on the backline other than Roszival who can play PP duty.

I've never had any use for him, although he was surprisingly spirited physically the other night that game's the exception instead of the norm for his career. Amazingly he didn't suck earlier in the year but he's gone back down to his level of ineptitude.

I guess like with the $1 hot dogs, you sometimes get what you pay for and what we paid for was a stopgap third-pairing defenseman.

Greene's kind of been a dissapointment because I thought he would help our PP this year and it hasn't worked out for him offensively but defensively he's been much better than Rachunek and less annoying than Oduya.

Edited by Hasan4978

sitting andy greene for this pile of hockey aids is unacceptable

... well at least greene wasn;t sat for rupp :P

Quoted for emphasis....

Rachunek is one of those players who makes everyone who plays with him worse... and he plays just he just doesn't really care... he just does those things, ever 3rd game, that fool GM's into signing him again. He's no NJ Devil.

Get him off the ice and out of a Devil's Uniform

msweet - I am SOOO with you. He was just brutal last night. i was going to post about it in the game thread but decided it just wasn't worth it.

However I felt like his mistakes were his inability more than bad attitude. If you look at his face - there was a close up on one of his huge gaffs - he was just unable to do it all - he looked exhausted mentally. If it's a simple clean game he's OK.

I guess like with the $1 hot dogs, you sometimes get what you pay for and what we paid for was a stopgap third-pairing defenseman.

Quoted for truth...

I can't blame Lou for bringing him in this year...given the second tier defensmen that was available after the big spending spree this summer, he was the best option out there. The guy has some great potential and maybe Lou thought that he could reach some of that, especially under the tutlige of Larry Robinson. Unfortunately, we are now all seeing he's never going to reach the next level. He's never been the same after his breakout season in Ottawa and is the definition of unfulfilled potential.

At 1.4 mil a season, he should be a bargin 2nd pairing defensemen. As it stands now, he's a barely serviceable rotating third. I think Lou sticks it out one more season with Rachnuek and then bails...he's got potential, but at 27, it's $hit or get off the pot time.

At 1.4 mil a season, he should be a bargin 2nd pairing defensemen. As it stands now, he's a barely serviceable rotating third. I think Lou sticks it out one more season with Rachnuek and then bails...he's got potential, but at 27, it's $hit or get off the pot time.

Rachunek (and Asham) were signed for 1 year for a reason. They will both be gone next year. Rachunek was brought in to hold a place for whatever D-man Lou signs in the offseason OR whoever they feel can get the call from Lowell or juniors (Corrente, etc).

I think Asham was brought in because they didn't expect Clarkson to improve like he did. Clarkson is doing what Asham should be doing, and it makes Asham obsolete. Especially when the team has other tough guys who can't score but cost less (Rupp) or give it their all (Cam).

Im starting to dislike Rachunek as well.. hes proven nothing on the PP, and I prefer seeing Oduya/Mottau/Martin/Greene on the PP over him now.. Hes been stepping up his physical game but still isn't good enough to play on consistent basis on this team.. Greene should see more playing time..

At least hes only on a 1 year contract.

And we wont see Matvichuk, unless its an extreme emergency.

Edited by nmigliore