Cam Janssen Appreciation Thread

devilsrule33

A thread to relive all your favourite Janssen memories. He truly was a fan favourite and loved every minute of being part of the Devils organization. Glad that he got traded to where he wanted to be.

- His classic fights where he took 30 punches and looked like he was hulking up before he threw his first punch.

- His body language on the bench during the Scott Stevens night

- His first goal and his reaction. What a sweet shot.

Edited by devilsrule33

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I will always remember his reaction after scoring his first goal. Very genuine. A classy guy who deserves to be treated the way he was by Lou with his opportunity to play at home.

When he talked smack to Lundqvist. That was good stuff.

When he first arrived in New Jersey. I remember just being floored at how he was kicking the sh*t out of everybody he fought. That first fight with Hollweg where he beat the snot out of him. The tucker fight with the flying helmet was good as well.

Cam rocks. I really hope he finds his place in St. Louis.

Here's to you Cam :koolaid:

Edited by SickMan

I loved the crazed look he got on his face during fights and how he would pump himself up with jersey jabs then unleash. I also loved how he was always went out there looking to hit people and when he would explode it was awesome. Perhaps my favorite memory is of him on the fourth line with Rasmussen and Wiemer late in the post-lockout year. That was just a tough, gritty, fun line to watch. I wish him the best, he was an awesome enforcer for the Devils.

I loved what a great guy he was off the ice. He was always so excited in his interviews, and he was proud of standing up for his teamates.

He truly was just happy to be living his dream in the NHL. I know my friend will always treasure the picture she has of him putting her in a headlock at the Open House this year.

The Lundqvist thing and the Hollweg beating were 2 of my favorite moments, plus the beating he gave Montador in Florida.

Congats to Cam for getting a chance to play for his home town.

Favorite Cam moment was at the season ticket holder open house earlier this year, while he's signing autographs someone asks if he'll fight Scott Gomez for him, and Cam's like..."Nahh, I probably won't fight him...I might ELBOW him a little, but he won't fight me. He is number one on my list though. It's a long list." or something like that. I was dying.

I really am going to miss him after all...

The fact that when you brought a Cam Janssen game worn jersey it usually came with blood on it, normally from the other player.

His body jarring hits, and his goofy smile.

St Louis fans don't seem pleased with his arrival, I'm sure they will be once they see him destroy someone.

What are the odds he scores against us next time the Dev's face St Louis.

Favorite Cam moment was at the season ticket holder open house earlier this year, while he's signing autographs someone asks if he'll fight Scott Gomez for him, and Cam's like..."Nahh, I probably won't fight him...I might ELBOW him a little, but he won't fight me. He is number one on my list though. It's a long list." or something like that. I was dying.

I really am going to miss him after all...

At the open house, my friend went to get her jersey signed by him, but accidentally gave it to him face down. It's a Gionta jersey. So he looks at the name for a second, looks up at her and then goes, 'So, um, what's this? You want me to cross out his name and put mine?'

He was laughin and stuff the whole time he was out there.

Edited by Devil Dan 56