OGT: Devils @ Montreal 3/1/08 7:00pm

msweet

By JON PALMIERI, STATS Editor 9 hours, 12 minutes ago

Having already moved into first place in the Northeast Division, the Montreal Canadiens are only one win away from taking over the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

The Canadiens look to ride the strong goaltending of rookie Carey Price to a third straight victory Saturday night when they host nemesis Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils.

Montreal (35-21-9) moved one point ahead of idle Ottawa into first place in the Northeast with a 6-2 victory Friday at Buffalo.

Tomas Plekanec scored three power-play goals for his first career hat trick, and Price stopped 31 shots as the Canadiens won for the sixth time in eight games.

“It was one of those nights when you got the puck in the offensive zone, it ended up in the net,” Plekanec said. “The power play is really big for us right now.”

Mark Streit had a goal and two assists, and Alex Kovalev set up four goals for Montreal, which tied idle Pittsburgh for second in the East, one point behind New Jersey.

Since they were shut out 3-0 by Columbus’ Pascal Leclaire last Saturday, ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2008030110

GO DEVILS!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest games of the season tonight for the Devils. It is #1 vs. #2 right now in the EC. Devils need to bounce back today with the win. Brodeur always plays well in Montreal and tonight should be no different. The Devils defense has to tighten up and play a lot better. Devils will also know the out come of the Pittsburgh/Ottawa game since that game is an early start. get the 2 points tonight Devils! :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

Sutter needs to break up these lines if we cant get any good chances/establish a good forecheck after 1 period. Personally I would like to see Brylin bumped down to the 4th line and bump Clarkson back up with Madden/Pandolfo.. Move Gionta up with Parise/Elias, and move Langenbrunner down with Zubrus and Zajac..

I also noticed Sutter was changing the D-pairings at the end of last night's game.. Martin-Salvador seem to get pretty decent ice time together in the late stages of last night's game.. I thought I noticed Greene-Oduya as well.. m

aybe it was just a move to get Salvador more comfortable because he really didn't play well, he seemed very sluggish and didn't make the best passing decisions, later on he improved though.. I still am expecting more from him though, tonight is a big game hopefully he steps up better than he debuted last night.. Oh Marty B wouldn't mind some offensive help from the forwards