GDT: Tampa Bay Lighting vs. New Jersey Devils 7pm

GOLDJR41

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Painful victory against the last place team. Back to making any goalie look like Roy.

Heck, it's a "W" and a nice GWG by Elias.

Defense stepped it up after White went down. And Brookbank actually has moved passed several defenders to make this squad. Remarkable.

Character win by the Devils, I was glad to see that they didn't panic after a softy by Marty.

Zajac was worthless, he's not following his shot or moving his feet. I hope Sutter keeps him at right wing for awhile, maybe he'll start going to the net.

Elias was a stud tonight.

Wow what a game. The Devils should have scored more than they did but I got to give it up to TB goalie Ramo as he made so huge saves for TB to keep them in this game. The best part of the game besides Elias winning the game in overtime is the fiestyness of Zach Parise. :koolaid: He stood toe to toe with Boyle and did pretty well but the Devils sure missed Parise on the 4 minute PP. Devils just happen to play the TB level tonight which was not very good and at least they got the 2 points tonight and back in first place in the division and #1 overall. Devils will have to play much better tomorrow night in Toronto. Good game good win and back on top for now. :evil:

That had to be the weirdest game I've been at all season. First off, the game itself was like I guess the hockey equivalent of watching someone give birth. The Devils strained and strained and finally were able to coax out the second goal against a lousy team :P Ah well at least they won eh? Of course there was the Zach fight with that dope Boyle (who provoked a lot of burn, baby burn chants from 208-9 :evil:)

But quite a bit of stuff going on at the arena too, 106-107 got evacuated, I guess because there was a small fire at the pizza stand and that set off the sprinklers (as if there wasn't enough rain outside). The dopes around me were chanting 'Beat the Traffic!' as if two entire sections would be walking out of a 1-1 game in the third period :rolleyes: I guess something was going on outside sections 3 and 4 after the game too because those were blocked off on the concourse. New arena blues I guess.

They had a cute little dancing ushers contest during the second period. Also during the second there was a marriage proposal on the jumbotron - I guess the guy that paints his face and is pretty well-known around the arena decided to propose to his girlfriend for effect, of course she said yes. I'm not really a big fan of doing something for show myself but that did provide the loudest cheer of the period :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

That had to be the weirdest game I've been at all season. First off, the game itself was like I guess the hockey equivalent of watching someone give birth. The Devils strained and strained and finally were able to coax out the second goal against a lousy team :P Ah well at least they won eh? Of course there was the Zach fight with that dope Boyle (who provoked a lot of burn, baby burn chants from 208-9 :evil:)

But quite a bit of stuff going on at the arena too, 106-107 got evacuated, I guess because there was a small fire at the pizza stand and that set off the sprinklers (as if there wasn't enough rain outside). The dopes around me were chanting 'Beat the Traffic!' as if two entire sections would be walking out of a 1-1 game in the third period :rolleyes: I guess something was going on outside sections 3 and 4 after the game too because those were blocked off on the concourse. New arena blues I guess.

They had a cute little dancing ushers contest during the second period. Also during the second there was a marriage proposal on the jumbotron - I guess the guy that paints his face and is pretty well-known around the arena decided to propose to his girlfriend for effect, of course she said yes. I'm not really a big fan of doing something for show myself but that did provide the loudest cheer of the period :lol:

Well that was a bit of a nerve racking game. Congrats to Kelly and Devil Guy though...priceless.

Hahaha.

We don't NEED the wins. We're pretty safe as far as a playoff spot goes. I would personally rather see Toronto in the playoffs than Philly or Buffalo, wouldn't you? Or maybe even Boston. They're sucking as of late. :boogie:

rachunek played a good game. i hope they leave him in from now on, he brings a lot more to the table than greene and i dig the mean streak in his play.

brookbank played great as well!

nice play to foil boyle on the GWG...lol! also dig the booming slappers from the point...

#1 in the east...not bad for a team that the canadian/nhl media was writing off 2 weeks into the season...

Rachunek did look good tonight.

A couple of key defensive plays and some good offensive pressure.

He just needs to hit the net more...

The fact that we didn't score on any of our gratutitous PP time is a little worrisome though... :unsure: