Disgusting garbage

'7'

maxpower's made some excellent posts on the subject of the clutch goaltender.

and brodeur was unreal in that 3rd period in 03. the devils had no business winning game 7, they were getting killed that whole period. brodeur made great stop after great stop.

oddly enough 7 is partly right - brodeur wasn't all that great in the mid 90s. he's better now. still wasn't enough in this year's playoffs.

Last two years have easily been the best of his career. It's also coincided with the worst defensive units we've put out there during that time.

I look at these games and I don't see too many he should have had (the Staal goal, I guess, because of the way he played it, he didn't give himself much of a chance on a low shot.) You brought up the Jagr goal, and I just feel that's a case of White screwing things up, he would have been better served to get out of the way and let Jagr drive the net, that's how poorly he played it, he might as well not have been there. Jagr positioned White and took advantage. Human chess, it's why Jagr is Jagr.

Just like the goal in Game 2, I don't think anyone other than Jagr scores there. When White bumped Marty, Jagr spun and threw it on net, that's pinpoint awareness.

I think if you were going to slag Marty, you'd have to go back to 2001, where really, the Dan Cloutier *of that time* (not the stiff now) would have done around the same. There is only so much he can do. It was never going to be close enough. The first period was just some of the most pathetic coverage I've seen this side of a Capitals playoff game. We carried that period and come out down 3-1? How?

I got a feeling this isn't going to end well, with the Devils and Marty. Unreal expectations.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He blew a lot of stoppable shots.

You should be banned with talk like that . . .

But seriously, like someone else pointed out in a different thread, he seems to make some spectacular saves and then tank on some easy ones. He wasn't the reason we lost the series, but he sure wasn't a "playoff goalie" by any stretch. He was pretty f'in average.

- Jeff

You should be banned with talk like that . . .

But seriously, like someone else pointed out in a different thread, he seems to make some spectacular saves and then tank on some easy ones. He wasn't the reason we lost the series, but he sure wasn't a "playoff goalie" by any stretch. He was pretty f'in average.

- Jeff

this is what i mean, he makes amazing saves, but then the occasional sh!t shot.

I dont assume stuff like that..does 7 live close to Newark? Work get in the way, family etc?

To me that is an unfair statement

7 has stated more than once that he won't go to games because he doesn't want to put money in Bettman's pocket (he said somewhere else he got to two games for free this year).

Broduer was below average this year in the playoffs and he was below average last year in the playoffs. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. If it weren't for his amazing regular season I'd think he was washed up or something was wrong with him. I just think its a mental thing. He's too cool (for example the terrible holliweg goal) under pressure and as a result doesn't step it up properly for the postseason.

Lundqvist on the other side was so tightly wound that he was gonna go into a seizure it seemed at any moment. I think I prefer a goalie on edge Marty, so get your sh!t together next year and show the competitveness ON THE ICE that caused you to ignore Avery in the handshake, instead of in interviews to the media.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

7 has stated more than once that he won't go to games because he doesn't want to put money in Bettman's pocket (he said somewhere else he got to two games for free this year).

yea that's pretty much it. I would've made an exception for game 6 at the garden and maybe game 7 at the rock, though garden is actually easier to get to by train for now, less walking. My wife has been nursing a sprained ankle for a couple of weeks and I'll start to feel guilty. I can't believe her Bruins are still alive and my Devils are dead. :noclue:

You know I can TOTALLY understand Marty not wanting to shake Avery's hand and he looked pretty pissed off in the post game interview..understandably

BUT

If i were him I woulda def shook his hand just to say "hey you ugly POS, yeah you won but I'm still Marty Fvckin Brodeur and no trailer trash reject is gonna get under my skin..."

Also, I mean it IS afterall MARTY BRODEUR and alot of kids look up to him, i mean the guy's a freaking GOD to canadian kids who play goal, and I'm sure to some of those in other countries..I mean my oldest son was watching it and said, "How come he didn't shake his hand? He still has to shake his hand after the game even if he hates him but it's not sportsmanlike to do that". Kids gotta point.

That being said, it's pretty sad when Avery says, "the fatty didn't want to shake my hand" after, like come on, thats the BEST you could do? I mean yeah he's fat but he would have no problem buying the entire trailer park or canadian trailer park from which you come....:)

You know I can TOTALLY understand Marty not wanting to shake Avery's hand and he looked pretty pissed off in the post game interview..understandably

BUT

If i were him I woulda def shook his hand just to say "hey you ugly POS, yeah you won but I'm still Marty Fvckin Brodeur and no trailer trash reject is gonna get under my skin..."

Also, I mean it IS afterall MARTY BRODEUR and alot of kids look up to him, i mean the guy's a freaking GOD to canadian kids who play goal, and I'm sure to some of those in other countries..I mean my oldest son was watching it and said, "How come he didn't shake his hand? He still has to shake his hand after the game even if he hates him but it's not sportsmanlike to do that". Kids gotta point.

That being said, it's pretty sad when Avery says, "the fatty didn't want to shake my hand" after, like come on, thats the BEST you could do? I mean yeah he's fat but he would have no problem buying the entire trailer park or canadian trailer park from which you come....:)

Do you think any of the old Devils vets would have shook his hand? They would have hospitalized him. That's also not the first time this has happened.

Avery's highlight of his career is going to be causing one of his teammates to be badly hurt. This little disrespect was nothing. Better watch out against the Pens, they really don't have a whole lot of scruples.

This series was NOT lost by Brodeur. There were some soft gaols allowed in this series but I blame a few things here why the Devils lost this series.

#1. - NO SCORING! Langenbrunner, Zajac, Gionta and Zubrus did nothing in this series except for a goal by Gionta tonight.

#2. - Terrible PP and PK, Too many PK goals and not enough of PP goals.

#3. - Too many mistakes by the Dmen. This has happened way too much in this series.

#4. - No Luck and no bounces in this series when the Devils even dominated the period and this series.

I was proud the man gave Gomez some loving.

I don't find him to be any less of a person for not shaking Avery's hand. The guy got into his head with issues outside of hockey, so you can't expect him to drop everything, especially only a few days later. It's not like he went in for the handshake, then pulled away. I don't know. He didn't make a scene, he did it pretty respectfully. And I don't think Avery gave two sh!ts. The only reason he mentioned it afterwards was to make himself look better. HE'S the one who said it was no secret that he didn't like Marty. Avery won. He got what he wanted. You think a handshake would've made a difference? P.S, spin it the other way -- you think Avery would've pinched Marty's cheek and told him 'good job' had the Devils won?

Yeah he actually called Marty "fatty" on an interview the Score showed, I was like wtf? LMAO, what a douchebag.

Avery's a loser..but good at what he does..

Brodeur better check his ego at the door and do what the coach tells him to do, that means play around 65 games next year.

Agreed. Brodeur needs to be told and not asked anymore. Play 65 and let a capable Weekes pick up the rest.

And, yeah, Avery said something along the lines of "Fatso forgot to shake my hand there".

Let's lose with some class.

Marty has been a highlight reel for years. He stole some games and some series in his time (2003 vs. Ottawa? He was pretty insane). And he'll steal some more.

He stole many games for us in the regular season (ex. one game against Washington on the road... I think the final was 2-1 or so... he was unreal).

Anyway, moving on..

Why is it that some of our fanbase, who in one breathe criticize Rags fans for being so classless, can't lose with class?

Just admit to not being the BEST team on the ice for this series, making more mistakes, or not having "whatever it is" that turned the tide.

Why do we always have to call out a particular player on our team, or cheapshot a player on the opposing team, or blame the refs?

My humble belief is that a superior team can overcome ANY obstacle, a bad call, a jerk, a soft goal, a defensive mistake. We just plain couldn't this year - thats the way it goes sometimes. Can we lose gracefully - that is the mark of a true fans I think?

BTW, Marty did make the wrong move tonight. He should have shook his hand, for the very sake of the sport, sportsmanship, and for the sake of kids everywhere like Annabelle's son watching. You can hate the guy, and kick his but afterward if you want, but while your on the ice you represent the sport of hockey, the NJ organization, and additionally the persona of MARTY BRODEUR as a great athelete. Tonight, regardless of the reasons, he showed a lack of respect for the sport.

Kill the guy afterwards if you want; but think of the kids who look up to you 1st.

Edited by DevilinLA

to weigh in on this real quick, 7 this thread is a piece of sh!t. i work second shift but still buy Season tickets to my local hockey team, your excuse about not supporting bettman is chickent sh!t. Secondly you win as a team and you lose as a team, maybe you need to get off your recliner take off your rags jersey, and go look at stats, marty will soon be the all time leader in most major goalie records, that doesnt happen by being lucky you ungrateful fvck. We as devils fans have been fortunate enough to have 3 cups in the last 13 years. Enjoy them, Respect Them, oh and who has been there for all 3 of those cups??? MARTY!!!!

Take a step back and realize what your saying next time douche.

No sh!t... I'm not going to stick up for Marty, but this thread is uncalled for... This team has shown no heart in the series, and we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs with out Marty, and some douche bag wants to boil the series down to 2 or 3 goals over 5 games.

I watched the Stars/Ducks game.

You know what happened when a Duck pushed a Star into Turco?

Bodies flew in. They did not allow the opposition to rough up their goalie and get away with it.

The Devils need a couple guys like that. The team let Marty down, not vice versa.

Do you think any of the old Devils vets would have shook his hand? They would have hospitalized him. That's also not the first time this has happened.

Avery's highlight of his career is going to be causing one of his teammates to be badly hurt. This little disrespect was nothing. Better watch out against the Pens, they really don't have a whole lot of scruples.

Ruutu! Ruutu!

So there you have it. And no I'm not going to cheer them, I'm not going to wear Devils merchandise. They lost to the Rags in the playoffs with tons of Rag fans in the building. I'm pissed and not very forgiving. Let it simmer. I hope we get another shot at them in next years playoffs, but it may be another 5 years or more until we get a chance for revenge. 4 out of 5 playoff losses to the Rags. I'd give back every meaningless regular win we had over them between 1998 and whenever the streak ended to win this series.

And here's Marty not shaking Avery's hand. Well I don't blame him, Avery is a puke. But you look like a sore, unclutch softie loser right now Martin. Be like Billy Smith and Tiger Williams, just avoid the handshake altogether and skate off the ice.

Next year we need to get quicker on D and better seasons out of Zubrus and Zajac. Also wouldn't help to add a shot blocker.

Well '7', you've been posting here since '02 so I can assume you're about 6 years old. If you're not willing to stick by the team when they're not great then GTFO. Next year don't even bother coming back. I'll admit I'm pissed, and in my frustration I took off my Devils jersey. Still, in a few days I'll be wearing it like nothing happened and start praying Lou makes some moves for next season.

You so quickly abandon the Devils when they've given you so much, and you jump on Marty when you really have no basis for saying he's "mediocre". Brodeur stole so many games just this season, with a young awful D in front of him, that it should have been enough to prove his worth, but apparently it's not enough for you. Marty may give up softies now and then which SUCK, but with a halfway decent D in front of him and a slightly more powerful O we would still win. Don't blame Marty when all the real answers are right in front of your face.

Marty's play during this series against NYR was a strange thing. At some moments he was downright spectacular, and other moments you wonder wtf he was thinking. Still, I'd rather have THIS Marty than any other goalie in the NHL. If this isn't good enough for you, leave.

Please, go root for the Rags. You sound just like Scott Gomez, jumping ship at the first opportunity. We don't need you. We don't want you.

P.S. It's so odd to hear someone like you talking crap about the Devils after being the one being so positive for much of the time. How many people here have questioned MY loyalty to the Devils, while none of you saw this guy about to jump ship? I call for '7' to be banned. You are the sorriest excuse for a Devils fan I've ever seen.

Yea, I'm sure Bettman get's the message from him not going to any games. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Don't tell me he has a passion for the game if that's his excuse. Blow me.

BTW, Marty did make the wrong move tonight. He should have shook his hand, for the very sake of the sport, sportsmanship, and for the sake of kids everywhere like Annabelle's son watching. You can hate the guy, and kick his but afterward if you want, but while your on the ice you represent the sport of hockey, the NJ organization, and additionally the persona of MARTY BRODEUR as a great athelete. Tonight, regardless of the reasons, he showed a lack of respect for the sport.

Kill the guy afterwards if you want; but think of the kids who look up to you 1st.

Honestly, who gives a sh!t. After all the stuff that happens in sports and the rest of the world these days, not shaking someones hand is the last thing in the world anyone should be worried about. With murderers in the NFL, drug users and steroid takers in the MLB, and with guys who beat their wives amongst other things in the NBA and with wrestlers killing their family and than themselves when you put a handshake in perspective to those things it doesn't even really matter.