Burns Could Lose Round 1

GetReal

How are defensive breakdowns a problem when we are tied for the LOWEST GAA in the league? :unsure: How is it you've been whining all year Burns has been trying to make chicken soup out of chicken $hit (your favorite saying) and now it'll somehow be Burns's fault if we lose the first round? :wacko:

Burns can't singlehandedly lose round 1 by himself.

NJ will win or lose as a team.

That being said, it's pretty safe to guarantee that NJ will beat Boston in a best of 7 series.

As stated previously, the SBT likes NJ in 4.

My reason for saying this is his, Burns reluctance to seem to understand they must score goals to win in the playoffs. Not a lot but enough to get ahead and stay ahead.

The 4 on 4 OT format which the Devils do so well in is gone for the playoffs all OT will be 5 on 5 unless penalty. Devils do have great PK but also have breakdowns at time on their strength which is defense. They don't have a PP so can't expect much from that.

So Burns needs to make move to assist the offense in scoring.

Let's just try the idea of Marshall on the Elias and Gomez Line.

Let's stop thinking that Stevens belongs on the PP when a point is desparately needed.

Let's realize as the game wears on that the Defense gets tired.

let's not forget that Marty doesn't do well in Playoff OT games. Marty always seems to let in a soft one in playoff hockey. he can stop every one but 1 and if your team doesn't score no OT no win.

It's mind set of the players and strategy of the coach and lines that offer a challenge to the opposing team.

It's playoff time and teams that win step up their play a notch or two.

Can Burns get the Devils to do that? Sure he can but He hasn't shown it in games that put away the division championship.

Ties don't count in playoff hockey.

How is Burns's record for playoff hockey?

Rock is right, coaches that win in playoffs are hero's and those that lose are bums but some start out ahead. Where's Burns? He's great for regular season hockey.

If the Devils lose in Round 1 it will be because of Burns' strategy.

As for him making something out of nothing during the regular season, he has done well except on games like last night. Devils could finish should have won.

They T-I-E-D the game 1-1!

They shut down one of the league's biggest offensive powerhouses. We had plenty of very close chances... it was just "one of those nights" just like the day in Long Island when everything went in.

I have faith in this team... playoff hockey can only favor us... we've been playing that way all season...

The reason why powerplay goals are so important in the playoffs is because most teams don't know how to play one goal games... Powerplays are the best opt. to get that extra goal to win 3-2... Instead, NJ has focused on shutting down the opposing powerplay... I love this team on even strength... and for some reason, I feel more confident when this team is on the penalty kill then the power play... I think its just in the players mindset... we're a great PK, crappy PP team...

Had this team not had played a gazillion 1 goal games with a substantial winning edge, I'd be a bit worried about our stance, but as is, Im ready to rock... so lets roll.

• 3 months later...