Did you cry when......?

westcoastdevfan

I have an idea for a new topic called did you cry when...? :evilcry:

I will go first...Did you cry when Stephane f'ing Matteau scored in double ot in 1994 ECF? :evilcry:

who's next?

Edited by westcoastdevfan

When E.T. went home....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaYZdYFz_6Q

Oh, this is hockey related. Meh. Only time I can remember crying was tears of joy seeing Mike Peluso bawling like a baby in Game 4 of 1995.... and Lemaire not being able to put him out for his shift because Peluso couldn't see through all the tears. Heh. Even now, just thinking about it, brought a tear to my eye. :)

Edited by Don

When E.T. went home....

Oh, this is hockey related. Meh. Only time I can remember crying was tears of joy seeing Mike Peluso bawling like a baby in Game 4 of 1995.... and Lemaire not being able to put him out for his shift because Peluso couldn't see through all the tears. Heh. Even now, just thinking about it, brought a tear to my eye. :)

watching that again was truly amazing... :dance:

When E.T. went home....

I definitely cried then. The fact that they were about to win the Cup didn't really hit home 'til I saw Peluso crying on the bench.

It probably makes me kind of pathetic, but I teared up a little when Devil Guy proposed at the one game last season :lol:

When E.T. went home....

i almost teared up watching that vid

The things that make me tear up are usually good things, like...

1) The end of the Miracle in Ice, as SC Devs Fan mentioned. Such an amazing situation that will probably never be repeated.

2) "The Championship the New Jersey!! The Devils win the Stanley Cup!" What a call by Doc!

3) Elias with Sykora's jersey in 2000.

4) Daneyko hoisting the Cup in 2003 after missing playoff games for the first time in his career. Just kinda knew it was the end of an era.

Others that send a shiver up my spine would be the Marty goal vs Montreal in 97, and some of the saves Richter made in the 1996 World Cup. I know we all hate the Rags, but that was one of the best US goalie performances that we may ever see.

It probably makes me kind of pathetic, but I teared up a little when Devil Guy proposed at the one game last season :lol:

You weren't sitting with you ex who you had just dumped like 2 weeks before that night..AWKWARRRRDDDDD!!!!

I cried when we won in 93 and when we closed out that dump in the swamp... that game left you lots of time to sit and remember everything you knew in that building.....

I dont really remember when I last did.. I know when I watched the 2003 Devils Stanley Cup VHS movie at the end when they played that song "take me away" and they showed the Devils winning the Cup I had goosebumps and some tears..

I dont remember if I cried during the actual game it was like 5 years ago

Im not really a 'cry-er' with losing or winning with sports to be honest, i dunno.. but i get very angry :P

Edited by nmigliore

A couple times not previously mentioned:

- When Bruce Driver signed with the Rangers

- When John MacLean requested a trade.

- When the U.S. Women's Olympic team won gold in '98.

- This one sounds REALLY dumb, but when Jason Arnott scored in OT against the Panthers in the last REGULAR season game of 2000. I am not one to jump the gun and claim the Devils are going to win the Cup every time they go on a 10-game winning streak, but in that game, it was just the WAY the Devils battled to win, I saw a glimpse of what made that team special and I KNEW they were going to win the Cup that year (though I was one Robinson tirade away from being terribly wrong). I wasn't really crying but the tears welled in my eyes at the epiphany.

(FF to 2:52)

I opened up the waterworks at the Meadowlands for game 6 of the Conference Finals in 95 as the clock was counting down to zero and then again when Scotty lifted the Prince of Whales trophy.

I also let loose at the dump that same year when Bob Arsena said "Ladies and gentlemen......THE STANLEY CUP!"

When "Heaven" came out, I balled my eyes out at the opening sequence that led into the best Let's Go Devils chant I've ever heard.

Weirdly, the only time I cried for a loss was in 1998 when we lost to Ottawa in the first round. They showed Dano on the bench crying and I lost it. I usually don't get like that for losses, I usually get angry.

I really weeped openly in 2000 at home when we won game 6 of the Finals, after the conference finals and a rocky regular season and four previous seasons of extreme disappointment.

The last time for me was Scott Stevens night, and every time I watch it on DVR.

Scratch that, I got misty eyed at the home opener last year during the video of the Rock being built. I thought they did a really good job with that one.

Edited by skeeter

Did you cry when the Avs won the cup in 01? I remember trying not to, but I didn't exactly ball or anything, just got teared up and punched things. We deserved that damn cup.

When Tanguay scored his second goal, I broke down.

I was angry sure, but the thing that got me was just shock. I was so sure that we were the better team and that we deserved this that when things went against us, it was like a punch to the gut.

When they went up by 3, that's when I got pissed and punched things.

But that remains the hardest I've sobbed since I was a kid. Man, that sucked. Not even Doug Brian's two missed field goals messed me up as much as that did.