GDT - Rangers at Devils 7:00PM

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand this love affair with Lundqvist as Chico goes on and on about his "style". He doesn't have a style. He wears huge pads. That's why he can afford to not come out aggressively. You don't need to use strategy like that to cut down the shooters' angle when your shoulder pads go up to your ears and your legs pads go up to your nipples.

God I hate that guy. And the Rangers.

I don't care about the score, Rangers still suck!

Doesn't get any weaker than this one. So your logic is his pads are still so oversized and the league just turns the other way. Right. Talk about lame ass excuses, he's got our number for now that's the problem. But if beleiving in some bs story that he's cheating numbs the reality go for it. Denail apparently is working for Lou and Sutter might as well give it spin yoursef.

a lack of talent will often look like a lack of effort

Look like?! We gave up 40 shots on net in the last two periods against a Ranger team with an average offense (and WITHOUT Scott Gomez). They quit after the second goal. And when you don't have a talented team you need good coaching, and the coaching's been awful this season.

I can deal with losing, I didn't say one bad word about the last two games other than maybe the usual frustration with an unimaginative offense but if the team's going to keep mailing it in then that's another story.

Edited by Hasan4978

Look like?! We gave up 40 shots on net in the last two periods against a Ranger team with an average offense (and WITHOUT Scott Gomez). They quit after the second goal. And when you don't have a talented team you need good coaching, and the coaching's been awful this season.

I can deal with losing, I didn't say one bad word about the last two games other than maybe the usual frustration with an unimaginative offense but if the team's going to keep mailing it in then that's another story.

At this point it is hard to tell what it is right now. Our team just isn't very good. We can't get offense from Madden, Pandolfo, Zubrus, Gionta, the 4th line, Langenbrunner or Clarkson. As I alreayd posted in a thread I made, Elias has bene outscored by 88 players in the last two seasons including both Arnott and Sykora.

But I agree that even a team like that shouldn't be outplayed that poorly. The Leafs can stay in more games than we can right now.

Brent can't get on these guys too much because they are friggen old. Our tops guys are quite old, and he is already wearing them out on the ice with all these minutes. It really is scary that most of those guys are on long-term deals and seem to be declining exponentially.

Just got home from the game, thanks to major traffic on Route 21 (only one lane open). Man, that was another tough one. The Devils blew chunks. But was it really necessary to pull Weekes like that? I mean, seriously, I was up high on the opposite end in the second period. Was he that bad? Seemed to me like the whole team stunk tonight.

Toward the end of the game, I booed -- not the Devils. I booed just to drown out the Rangers fans cheering -- even if it only drowned them out in my own head. Better than just sitting there and listening to it.

Just got home from the game, thanks to major traffic on Route 21 (only one lane open). Man, that was another tough one. The Devils blew chunks. But was it really necessary to pull Weekes like that? I mean, seriously, I was up high on the opposite end in the second period. Was he that bad? Seemed to me like the whole team stunk tonight.

Toward the end of the game, I booed -- not the Devils. I booed just to drown out the Rangers fans cheering -- even if it only drowned them out in my own head. Better than just sitting there and listening to it.

Weekes was bad and I guess Sutter didn't want him to get more embarrassed in the 3rd period. I was hoping for a strong game from Weekes knowing the NYR are the team that let him go. It didn't happen and it wasn't even close. Just not sure about Weekes carrying this team until March. Need another veteran goaltender. Clemmensen needs to go back to Lowell. Just a very bad goal let up in the 3rd from the top of the circle. Ugh.

Hello Khabibulin, Roloson, Garon or who ever is available.

I don't want to hear anything about the Rangers fans in the building tonight. When the Devils were playing well during the whole first period, the Rangers fans had nothing to say, that place was LOUD with Devils chants.

As soon as the Ranger fans had something to cheer about, they wouldn't shut up. I don't blame it on the fans, I blame it on the team. The atmosphere in the first was way different than in the second and third periods. If we really want to end the problem with the annoying, loud Rangers fans, there's one remedy:

WIN.

Another thought, it seems like the Rangers fans have a much longer leash with security than the Devils fans. There were a lot of throw out's tonight, along with I noticed that a Devils fan would get one warning at best before getting tossed. There was one Rangers fan who was warned. And warned. And warned. But he just wouldn't shut up, and the security didn't do anything about it. A Devils fan said one thing to the guy and he was kicked out.

Edited by themiddle91489

Weekes was bad and I guess Sutter didn't want him to get more embarrassed in the 3rd period. I was hoping for a strong game from Weekes knowing the NYR are the team that let him go. It didn't happen and it wasn't even close. Just not sure about Weekes carrying this team until March. Need another veteran goaltender. Clemmensen needs to go back to Lowell. Just a very bad goal let up in the 3rd from the top of the circle. Ugh.

Hello Khabibulin, Roloson, Garon or who ever is available.

Weekes looked fantastic until the team collapsed in the 2nd. Then he collapsed right along with them.

The Clemmemsen goal went off of Mottau's stick. He stayed out of the way, then stuck his stick out to deflect it like an idiot. When are they going to stop that? It DOES NOT help to get a stick on a shot... let the goalie see it if you aren't able to block it!!!

Weekes looked fantastic until the team collapsed in the 2nd. Then he collapsed right along with them.

The Clemmemsen goal went off of Mottau's stick. He stayed out of the way, then stuck his stick out to deflect it like an idiot. When are they going to stop that? It DOES NOT help to get a stick on a shot... let the goalie see it if you aren't able to block it!!!

When was the last time you saw a Devil hit the ice and block a shot.

Did I say any individuals moron? No, I want to watch THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. Not THE LOWELL DEVILS, which is EXACTLY what this team is right now.

I think Jas0nMacIsaac's point was, if your wearing a Devils Jersey with an NJ on the front you are a New Jersey Devil even if you do normally play for lowell. :rolleyes:

The team is still the New Jersey Devils regardless of who is wearing the jersey.

If you cant support the team beacuse its not full of Elias', Parise's and Broduer's they your supporting the player not the team!!!

So regardless, your watching the Devils, they just suck right now.

When was the last time you saw a Devil hit the ice and block a shot.

Prob not since Matvichuk left... but what I mean is throwing a stick in the way usually does more harm then good in that situation. It doesn't matter either way, I was just pointing out that Clemmensen wasn't totally to blame on it.