GDT - Rangers at Devils 7:00PM

BlizzardCyclone

There's a reason why Weekes is a backup goaltender now. He came in and played two good games and that is normally his job and would have been great behind a healthy Brodeur. He's being asked to do something he's not and he can not do it, even though we all jumped to support him and hope he could.

I don't know man. A lot went wrong with this game but I'm not so sure it has anything to do with Weekes. Maybe you can say he should have had the second goal but he made 3 big saves just before that. Marty sometimes gives up goals like that as well juts because of the style he plays.

Eh whatever. Really doesn't make that much of a difference at this point. Times is rough right now.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game we lose even with Brodeur. The effort wasn't their after the 1st. Once the Rangers woke up it was over.

We still haven't gotten any puck luck at all. Every goal has to be earned. This team gets very few bounces

Still, with all the injuries, these are not the Devils.

I agree except about using the injured as an excuse. How many total goals have the injured scored this season? Talk to me about the Devils offense? Tell me why MacLean shouldn't be fired NOW? This is a team that Lou put on the ice and it has stunk for the past 3 seasons.

Want to sell your season tickets for 10 cents on a dollar?

I don't know man. A lot went wrong with this game but I'm not so sure it has anything to do with Weekes. Maybe you can say he should have had the second goal but he made 3 big saves just before that.

The 2nd goal Weekes blew was the game. It was over right there just like it was over when Brodeur blew the first goal at MSG. Those goals are momentum changers and they were bad goals. If those goals don't go in, who knows?

Once Marty retires, I'm a Detroit fan. I've had enough of Lou's bullsh!t.

Leave... now.... go!!

I still need to calm myself from the sh!t fit I had about Weekes getting pulled after 2 periods....

more on this later :P

boy am i glad i didn't come to this stupid board after this game.

some of you need your heads examined. wasn't a good game, the devils deserved to lose, weekes didn't play that great and the team got caught flat-footed in the second. could've been a much closer game if parise closes the deal on that breakaway and if zubrus manages to get that shot off the way he would've liked

I never turn off a game early. I stayed away from the boards because I was frustrated but I'll add my thoughts of this game:

-Like everyone else I was impressed by the first period of play. But I KNEW that as soon as the Rangers got ONE goal, the Devils will fall flat. They seem to do that every time the play the Rangers.

-Oduya and Salmela really impressed me tonight. I really hope that when Martin and Greene come back, Martin, Oduya, Salmela, Greene, White, and Salvador are our top 6. Mottau and Brookbank need to be in Lowell.

-The officiating was absolutely horrible. I NEVER complain about the refs, but tonight was unavoidable. The hooking call on Rupp, the hooking call on Parise. I will not make excuses because this team needs to learn how to keep its composure when things aren't going their way. Right after the Rupp, Salvadore penalties leading to the Rangers first goal, the Devils fell apart.

-Parise is clearly the best player on this team. Elias had flashes with certain people and was invisible with others.

-Langenbrunner... I have been off the bash Langs wagon until tonight. He's terrible. He's not a terribly hockey player, but terrible in the role he has.

-Vrana still has some steps to take but he could be a good player soon. He was flying in the first period.

Lines when healthy...

Elias-Rolston-Zubrus

Parise-Zajac-Gionta

Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Vrana-Holik-Clarkson/Rupp

Martin-Salvadore

Oduya-Salmela

Greene-White

a lot of people don't seem to understand what it's like to have a bad team

here's a hint: sometimes you get blown out

Tri I think if you read my comments it's not like everyone else's here.

The most frustrating thing here to me is that I wouldn't be so mad about this loss if they didn't dominate the first period.

Like I said, one goal is scored on them and a bad call ensues, and they fall apart.

The most frustrating thing here to me is that I wouldn't be so mad about this loss if they didn't dominate the first period.

Like I said, one goal is scored on them and a bad call ensues, and they fall apart.

hey sorry wasn't responding to your comments at all, which were mostly positive and sane.

I also agree with this 100%. I'm pissed about this game because of the lack of effort and discipline after playing a great first period. I think we all know the talent is not up to par at this point.

Another fvcking night mare at the Prudential Center tonight. :puke:

Not really much to say except for this Devils team has some serious issues right now (besides the inhuries!) as far as the PP, PK, Sutter and the veterans not stepping up and taking control of this team and the games. Should not be losing games like this at home. Embarrassing and disgusting.

The Devils fan support is horsesh!t and more fans need to get off their couches and away from their TV's and come support your fvcking Devils team. Too much blue tonight in the stands again. Devils played ONE period tonight, then the horsesh!t refs took over this game.

Changes need to be made and if anyone thinks Shanahan wouldn't help this team right now on the PP and score some goals you are blind. Devils need to go get Shanahan NOW for cheap. Also a goaltender, because Weekes is not going to carry this team until March. Clemmensen is just not the person to back up either. Sorry, but it is the truth. There are a lot of things you do not see on TV and it is bad out there on the ice as far as the offense, defense and special teams are concerned. i just hope Lou saw what the rest of us saw tonight from his box watching this game. If Lou sits and keeps waiting it will be a huge mistake. Devils are losing too many games on home ice.

Devils could have easily been up 3-0 in the 1st with Zubrus hitting the crossbar with a shot and Parise blowing the breakaway.

Edited by SatansDevils

This is true. But I don't think we're as bad as that 2nd period. We're not that good either, but we're not THAT bad. We're somewhere in between.

no, and i agree. but i mean this is just a patchwork defense out there and with all the injuries the devils were going to have that terrible game - i had that feeling about tonight, not that that means anything. but they flushed it out of their system so instead of losing a bunch of close ones where it's like 'oh hay we tried tonight', maybe this can re-focus them. they need to get at least 2 points out of this set with washington.

i'm not blaming the refs tonight with their penalties. we lose with or without those.

but they were bad as were the linesmen who had to be corrected by both teams in two instances:

1) Devils Ice the puck (which really shouldn't have been an icing b/c Rangers could've played it had they taken the correct angle). Ref and Linesman first tell the Rangers they can't change because of the icing. it took several rangers to explain that the devils iced the puck and it was them that could not change.

2) Devils last PP - refs were insisting on dropping the puck at the neutral zone dot until several devils explained the rule that says pp is always in offensive zone.

these were obvious things where the refs clearly had no clue

no, and i agree. but i mean this is just a patchwork defense out there and with all the injuries the devils were going to have that terrible game - i had that feeling about tonight, not that that means anything. but they flushed it out of their system so instead of losing a bunch of close ones where it's like 'oh hay we tried tonight', maybe this can re-focus them. they need to get at least 2 points out of this set with washington.

I also think the fact that the stinker came against the Rangers has a lot to do with how people are reacting too, including myself. I would've been more understanding of the facts about this team tonight had they not picked a Ranger game to take a dump.

i'm not blaming the refs tonight with their penalties. we lose with or without those.

but they were bad as were the linesmen who had to be corrected by both teams in two instances:

1) Devils Ice the puck (which really shouldn't have been an icing b/c Rangers could've played it had they taken the correct angle). Ref and Linesman first tell the Rangers they can't change because of the icing. it took several rangers to explain that the devils iced the puck and it was them that could not change.

2) Devils last PP - refs were insisting on dropping the puck at the neutral zone dot until several devils explained the rule that says pp is always in offensive zone.

these were obvious things where the refs clearly had no clue

probably the same clowns that reffed the game where the devils got called for icing on the PK

boy am i glad i didn't come to this stupid board after this game.

some of you need your heads examined. wasn't a good game, the devils deserved to lose, weekes didn't play that great and the team got caught flat-footed in the second.

If that's your logic, they deserve to lose every single game. Which is actually happening.

These aren't my Devils. My Devils are injured and retired.

I never turn off a game early. I stayed away from the boards because I was frustrated but I'll add my thoughts of this game:

-Like everyone else I was impressed by the first period of play. But I KNEW that as soon as the Rangers got ONE goal, the Devils will fall flat. They seem to do that every time the play the Rangers.

-Oduya and Salmela really impressed me tonight. I really hope that when Martin and Greene come back, Martin, Oduya, Salmela, Greene, White, and Salvador are our top 6. Mottau and Brookbank need to be in Lowell.

-The officiating was absolutely horrible. I NEVER complain about the refs, but tonight was unavoidable. The hooking call on Rupp, the hooking call on Parise. I will not make excuses because this team needs to learn how to keep its composure when things aren't going their way. Right after the Rupp, Salvadore penalties leading to the Rangers first goal, the Devils fell apart.

-Parise is clearly the best player on this team. Elias had flashes with certain people and was invisible with others.

-Langenbrunner... I have been off the bash Langs wagon until tonight. He's terrible. He's not a terribly hockey player, but terrible in the role he has.

-Vrana still has some steps to take but he could be a good player soon. He was flying in the first period.

Lines when healthy...

Elias-Rolston-Zubrus

Parise-Zajac-Gionta

Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Vrana-Holik-Clarkson/Rupp

Martin-Salvadore

Oduya-Salmela

Greene-White

Nice post.

Its annoying we cant beat these bastards but it is what it is... Refs were horrible and the Rangers fans have a swagger in our arena.... But I am glad Rangers fans want to buy Devils tickets and help support Newark and the prudential center.