Avery won't play tonight's game against CGY

Devil Fan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuthbert really seems to be making the rounds with hockey players nowadays.

what a lame, garbage rule this is. Stuff like this adds more intrigue and emotion into the game. Will Avery get under Phaneufs skin? Will Phaneuf destroy Avery?

Now we'll never know because scumbag Buttman decides what Avery said is too mean. Can Gary please have his head caved in by a brick already?

This stuff used to happen all the time! Where was Barnaby's suspension for callin Odelein Cornelius

Edited by '7'

you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think this earns a suspension in some other league.

wow you think barnaby calling odelein corneilus is the same as avery calling cuthbert sloppy seconds? how often do you hear people go after each other's wives or girlfriends off the ice?

Edited by Triumph

Hell where was his suspension for calling Brodeur fatty? :P

I detest Avery as much as the next guy but when does a guy ever get suspended for trash talk (unless it's in the vein of trying to hurt someone)?!

wow you think barnaby calling odelein corneilus is the same as avery calling cuthbert sloppy seconds? how often do you hear people go after each other's wives or girlfriends off the ice?

I'm sure they do it plenty on the ice, it's just that Avery's dumb enough (and needs attention) to do it through the media.

Edited by Hasan4978

you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think this earns a suspension in some other league.

Lyle's response was that Barnaby's wife was "god awful to look at" he received no suspension unfortunately.

I'm sure it happens plenty of times. On and off the ice...it doesn't always reach the papers though.

Let them settle it on the ice.

this is excessive, but on the other hand he really shouldn't be allowed to slander people that way.

it's a shame too because i'm sure this game had a ton of buzz, so it's rather silly for the nhl to do this.

It might be excessive for most players, but Avery is the #1 a$$hole in the league and goes out of his way to be so. You just can't call someone's girlfriend/wife sloppy seconds in the media (he was just hanging out in the dressing room and asked a reporter 'do you have a camera?' before making the statement). Good for the NHL.

FWIW, Tom Hicks, the Stars owner, released a statement saying the team supports the suspension and would have suspended him if the league hadn't.

It might be excessive for most players, but Avery is the #1 a$$hole in the league and goes out of his way to be so. You just can't call someone's girlfriend/wife sloppy seconds in the media (he was just hanging out in the dressing room and asked a reporter 'do you have a camera?' before making the statement). Good for the NHL.

FWIW, Tom Hicks, the Stars owner, released a statement saying the team supports the suspension and would have suspended him if the league hadn't.

I'm sure they're loving that four year contract they gave him right now, all of five months into it.

He's going to talk himself right out of the league eventually. Or right into Columbus or Edmonton or Carolina, where no one will be there to listen when he speaks.

I'm sure they're loving that four year contract they gave him right now, all of five months into it.

He's going to talk himself right out of the league eventually. Or right into Columbus or Edmonton or Carolina, where no one will be there to listen when he speaks.

The Star players already don't respect him and now the owner doesn't respect him...a real ringing endorsement of the co-GM's (most likely Hull was the main heavy) that signed him to said contract.

Is it any wonder that they've been the biggest flop in the league so far?

I'm more proud of Marty for standing his ground every time I read about Avery and his garbage.

Which got me thinking I wonder if comments he made about Brodeur last year have something to do with it. If you remember Lou last year said personal remarks were made by Avery and you can bet those exact remarks were probably relayed to NHL offices. Making these remarks through the media was probably the last staw the NHL had with him in this regard.

Wanna bet if he was in the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, or NASCAR and pulled something like this, nothing would have happened to him?

Of course nothing would have happened to him. I think that fact makes me alittle more proud to be a fan of the NHL than other leagues.

What Avery said was out of line and very crude especially to the media, however, i think the league would do better to just fine him big time and put some sort of gag order on him that would lead to a suspension, rather than just suspending him outright until a league hearing.

In any event, I am glad someone is finally making Avery pay for running his mouth.... :dance: