Avery won't play tonight's game against CGY

Devil Fan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Avery was TRYING to get suspended? He was probably in line to get his ass handed to him by Iginla for his "boring" comments.

He's going to talk himself right out of the league eventually. Or right into Columbus or Edmonton or Carolina, where no one will be there to listen when he speaks.

haha It's like the old "If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it" adage. If Avery runs his mouth in Columbus, does anyone give a sh!t?

The NHL suspension is heavy-handed. So what if he said "sloppy seconds"? It's funny ... obnoxious but funny.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Either way, it's only a matter of time before Avery gets his clock cleaned and he learns to STFU. Personally, the anxiety is killing me. :giggle:

The NHL suspension is heavy-handed. So what if he said "sloppy seconds"? It's funny ... obnoxious but funny.

I thought it was funny too Jerry and what Avery does not realize is that Avery probably had more than "sloppy seconds" when he was with her. He was not her first that is for sure. :P

Edited by SatansDevils

Maybe it's not the words so much as Avery is a little guy - I think they were just doing this for his protection to avert a messy brawl and protect the leagues reputation. These gals AM his sloppy seconds so I don't see where a lawsuit against the NHL comes in even an iota. It's not unreasonable - Phaneuf is one guy the league has taken some time to market - last thing they need is to have a little squirt like Avery gold plate the big boy a la Bertuzzi

Maybe it's not the words so much as Avery is a little guy - I think they were just doing this for his protection to avert a messy brawl and protect the leagues reputation. These gals AM his sloppy seconds so I don't see where a lawsuit against the NHL comes in even an iota. It's not unreasonable - Phaneuf is one guy the league has taken some time to market - last thing they need is to have a little squirt like Avery gold plate the big boy a la Bertuzzi

Avery doesn't go and the league is being beyond silly. Old-school hockey = no good. Floating one way players that defenders can't do anything about, and trapezoids = AWESOME!

This was a compilation of garbage (not to mention Elisha does do PR/Hype stuff for the NHL and the league needs ALL the help they can get there)

and I'm sure there are thank you flowers from Armstrong, Turco and Morrow waiting on Bettman's desk tomorrow :P

I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back for the league. Avery has been warned to straighten up his act time after time. If the league didn't respond to this they would come across as "the boy who cried wolf"... they kept telling him that they'd get him "next time"... well, the time has come. If you look at this as an isolated incident it seems like a really dumb suspension, but when it comes from a guy like Avery, it makes all the sense of the world - got to get him for whatever they can!

Just think Al Capone and tax evasion!

what a lame, garbage rule this is. Stuff like this adds more intrigue and emotion into the game. Will Avery get under Phaneufs skin? Will Phaneuf destroy Avery?

And you know that, unlike the Devils players, someone on the Flames -- if not Phaneuf, maybe another player -- would've pummeled Avery if given the chance.

I still can't believe that no one on the Devs took one for the team and pounded that punk when they had the chance.

And you know that, unlike the Devils players, someone on the Flames -- if not Phaneuf, maybe another player -- would've pummeled Avery if given the chance.

I still can't believe that no one on the Devs took one for the team and pounded that punk when they had the chance.

95Crash, Marty went after him. Dano would have f'in killed the punk!

But then, they probably would have lost the series then and there.... oh, wait, nevermind.

I think they tried, but they went about it in the most halfassed and retarded ways possible. Like Madden using him for a pony ride while the Rangers scored.

Edited by maxpower

Im pretty sure they decided not to play him because Avery made himself a target to get a really bad hurting tonight. So the NHL covers its ass from Elisha's Lawyers, They knew the game was going to get a ton of attention, and didnt want anyone cheap shotting Avery or something along those lines and then it make the news all over the place. I see the reasoning, only question is, how long will he be suspended for

But then, they probably would have lost the series then and there.... oh, wait, nevermind.

I think they tried, but they went about it in the most halfassed and retarded ways possible. Like Madden using him for a pony ride while the Rangers scored.

Sean Avery took more hits in that series than I have ever seen a player take. They didn't try halfassed and retarded - they nailed him every chance they got.

He can deal with this stuff. He just doesn't care.

You know, I was thinking about this Avery thing. It is kinda ballsy for the league to take the moral high road when they created this monster. If they let the players police themselves just a little bit, guys like Avery would be struggling to stay afloat in the AHL.

Trying to remove the responsibility and respect a player is supposed to have for another player takes out an important part of the game...

A recent example... when Mottau hit Nielsen, Trent Hunter went after Mottau, as he should have. And he received a penalty for standing up for a team mate. Mottau was gonna get a suspension either way, but Hunter has the right to step in and let him know that isn't gonna fly.

Sean Avery took more hits in that series than I have ever seen a player take. They didn't try halfassed and retarded - they nailed him every chance they got.

He can deal with this stuff. He just doesn't care.

I'm not talking about hitting. I'm talking about ending it. But, by doing so, they lose.... ultimately, it really only would have been the difference between getting swept and losing in 5.

He picked his time to act like a clown wisely, a 5 on 3 in a tie game, with the Devils down 2 in the series, and then afterwards, when no one can do anything about it.

I dislike Avery, and I'm sure these kind of comments just don't look good for the game but that is fvcking hilarious.

Why he decided to mention it? I have no idea, but it was ridiculous and funny at the same time, and I'm not going to get on him for it either.

Just wanted to add that this bring much needed attention to the game, and a different kind of attention that the league gets when someone smashes a player`s head with a stick. The NHL has a quotable player that is as crazy as TO, Artest, Iverson and Manny.

Edited by devilsrule33

i agree...i'm not an avery fan but this is hilarious.

suspending him for using the term "sloppy seconds" is ridiculous.

they can't suspend him every time the north stars play the flames.

i will definately set the DVR for that one...lol!