GDT: New Jersey @ NY Rangers 7:30 PM.

SatansDevils

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And our defense has been great recently, plus Clemmensen is outstanding in goal. Just like everybody else said: if they keep playing like that and Parise and Elias don't fade, the Devils are going to be really tough to beat with rested Brodeur in net come playoff time.

FWIW, i think clemmensen has been so good that even marty wouldn't necessarily put up better numbers. i mean, right now, he has the same GAA and a better save percentage. of course i'm not saying that marty doesn't get the lion's share of the workload when he comes back. i'm just pointing out that i don't think he necessarily takes them to a new level from what clemmer has done in his absence.

by the way, this is much more of a testament to how good clemmer has been and not that marty isn't great. it's something special when you play just about as well as brodeur and that's what clemmer is doing.

the devils are as good as any team in the east in a seven game series. only philly has more depth. boston i would argue is about the same as NJ at forward but they have Chara as an advantage. pitt could again ride malkin/crosby/fleury though and AO can carry Washington. basically, its just getting into the playoffs and seeing who gets the bounces and luck. nobody is head and shoulders above anyone else in the top 6 in the East.

I have to admit it looked easy at times :blink:Perhaps the naysayers were right about the Rangers after all.

At least they went 2-2 this week, all you could really ask for, especially with the wins coming against the Flyers and Rangers.

And the naysayers will be right about Boston too you'll see :P

That was an absolutely beautiful game by the Devils.

BTW - how the Madden line has fallen. They go from defending against the top lines every night to fending off the Colton Orr line much of the night. But putting talent against talent is working for us. And I think this change, more than anything, including adding Rolston & Holik or upgrading our goaltending (kidding) has helped improve our play over last year. Less concentration on the line matching and more concentration on EVERYONE working hard on the boards is paying off in spades.

Last year around this time I was hoping the team would squeek into the playoffs. Now I'm looking forward to them because I think we could do some damage and win a round, maybe two.... (I won't jinx it by going beyond that).

And the naysayers will be right about Boston too you'll see :P

That depends what you expect, if you think Boston's going down to the 7th seed or out of the playoffs entirely I don't see that. If you just think they'll lose in the first round, well heck anyone can lose first round.

With the Rangers I did not think Gomez and Drury would still be playing this poorly, among other things. Did either actually dress last night? I'm shocked how many Devils fans were cheering on the first two goals watching MSG in 60, maybe the NYR fans have already jumped ship for the winter :P

FWIW, i think clemmensen has been so good that even marty wouldn't necessarily put up better numbers. i mean, right now, he has the same GAA and a better save percentage. of course i'm not saying that marty doesn't get the lion's share of the workload when he comes back. i'm just pointing out that i don't think he necessarily takes them to a new level from what clemmer has done in his absence.

I love the Clemmensen story but I don't believe this to be true, simply because the Devils team I've seen the last couple months has been better than any Devils team since the latter part of '06. They've played more responsible defensively and been more agressive offensively because they know they don't have the human eraser back there.

I'm just enjoying the fact that we're having this unexpected run with Clem and the fact the season did not end with Marty's injury, not by a long shot. It does portend good things for April and beyond if we can get Marty back in enough time to get his game back.

Edited by Hasan4978

That depends what you expect, if you think Boston's going down to the 7th seed or out of the playoffs entirely I don't see that. If you just think they'll lose in the first round, well heck anyone can lose first round.

With the Rangers I did not think Gomez and Drury would still be playing this poorly, among other things. Did either actually play last night? I'm shocked how many Devils fans were cheering on the first two goals watching MSG in 60, maybe the fans have already jumped ship for the winter :P

The thing about Boston is that they have alot of depth and are playing with alot of injuries without missing a beat. Go CJ!

Gomez was invisible last night and the past few weeks.

Sure, the Devils won 4-2. Sure the Queen looks less than human! Sure, we are 4 pts behind with 4 games in hand. Sure, it's the 2nd game in a row that we be the Rags. Sure, it was total domination by the Devils.

But......any Rag fans will tell you, they sell out their games and we don't. Like it matters!

Sure, the Devils won 4-2. Sure the Queen looks less than human! Sure, we are 4 pts behind with 4 games in hand. Sure, it's the 2nd game in a row that we be the Rags. Sure, it was total domination by the Devils.

But......any Rag fans will tell you, they sell out their games and we don't.

Good one! :cheers:

What a game by Zajac.

Jay Leach is playing really well...

Queen Henri is over rated. He goes down on every shot. Same move. lundqist is not that good. seriously. He plays BIG in net. wears big pads and tries to spread himself to cover the net. he has no speed. over rated.

rangers suck.

HELL OF A GAME! i know a friend that was at the garden last night. haven't talked to him yet but sure he was pelted with unwanted garbage cuz rags fans are pigs.. but either way a win against the queen's rags, i;ll take that any day... fvck the rangers! and their fans!!

flyers fans make ranger fans look like wal mart greeters.

I don't know if anyone brought this up in a previous post, but I was praying that the devils would not come out in the third with a 3-1 lead and play it "safe". Needless to say, that was exactly what they did and they were eventually scored on. After that second goal, however, they began to play more aggressively and eventually sealed the game with a 4th goal of their own. This was a great game for our team, I just wish that they didn't get into the habit of sitting on leads. Other than that there was some terrific puck handling, passing, forechecking, and overall play.

Edited by Biggie B

Can someone tell me how their was "nothing pretty about that goal" ? I thought it was a beautiful setup. I can't take these announcers!!

Yeah, my reaction was "WHAT?!" as well. It doesn't get much prettier than that...especially in the context of how that play came together.

I had a good feeling about last night simply because I felt as good about the back-to-back shutout losses as one possibly could. They looked good in both games and were creating opportunities. With each game the Rangers are looking more and more flawed...if this doesn't turn around for them, and soon, Renney's seat is going to start getting very hot.

Ill have what he's smoking...

yea really, he should at least share. :giggle::P

Devils outplayed the rangers.

I'll point out the last 3 minutes.

Devils puck control was so good that the Rangers never got a chance to pull lundqist for the extra attacker.

Also on Parise's goal the Devils work in the offensive zone, in the corners was perfect and led to that goal buy wearing out the rangers on that shift....

<shrug> It's true. Look at the penguins stats and chances for and against, then go back and watch the defensive effort against Boston, and again we were robbed of quality chances.

We had a significant amount of time in the Rangers game where we were outplayed. That didn't happen in the other two. Boston was a more consistent effort by all four lines, and Pittsburgh was like...damn man I am still shocked we lost that one.

Edited by Cowutopia

<shrug> It's true. Look at the penguins stats and chances for and against, then go back and watch the defensive effort against Boston, and again we were robbed of quality chances.

We had a significant amount of time in the Rangers game where we were outplayed. That didn't happen in the other two. Boston was a more consistent effort by all four lines, and Pittsburgh was like...damn man I am still shocked we lost that one.

I thought they looked rather sluggish against the Pens. I didnt see the sort of effort I saw when the Devs scored the 4th goal against the Rags. At least I dont remember seeing it.

I thought the Devils have been consistent in their efforts for several weeks now. Even that bad loss to Buffalo after the 8-5 win, the effort was there. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

Mind you, all of this with Salvador out, now White's out, Brodeur's still out...someone's always out.

Edited by HellOnICE