GDT: 3/20/09 - Minnesota @ New Jersey. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's ONLY NINTH sellout this season. You know the team doesn't even deserve any attention if it doesn't sell out at least 30 games every year!

Great performance by the Devils tonight, I'm so happy for Marty and the guys. I never expected this to be a 4 goals win.

Devil's looked impressive tonight.

I've been waiting for awhile to say this, but after tonight's game I can't wait anymore.

Is there a better team in the NHL along the boards? I have been watching closely at our "board play" and forecheck for the past 20 or 25 games and it seems that the Devils can sustain a forecheck and cycle the puck behind the net better than anyone. Even in our own end, we aren't running around like wild chickens anymore. We rarely seem to lose battles along the boards in either end. Parise, Gionta, Elias, Madden, and Zajac seem to come out with the puck 9/10 times. Even Clarkson manages to get a few when he stays on his feet!

Minnesota, Detroit, and Washington are some other teams that I noticed this with. To watch the Devils abuse Lemaire's team on the glass tonight sealed it for me. This is a team that should do very well in the play-offs. (Especially if they can keep scoring 5 on 5).

Edited by Motor City Devil

Hopefully Marty and Patty will be able to add to their records, and Zach will be able to keep himself in the hunt for 50g/50a/100 pts.

Well, looks like that went pretty well. Marty added a win and a shutout, Patty added 2 goals, and Parise added 2 more assists. Marty just needs two more shutouts to tie for 1st, Patty just needs 53 more goals to tie the franchise record (never too early to start monitoring :P ), and Zach just needs 13 more points with 11 games left for 100(looks like the 50 goals is out of the question at this point).

Anyways enough stats, great game by the Devils as we continue our hot play at home. Our penalty kill did a great job tonight :boogie: Big game coming up on Sunday as we have the chance to put a lot of pressure on the Bruins.

My 2 thoughts from the game. I didn't think the team played much different than in Carolina.

Tonight Devils allowed good scoring opportunity to Minn for the last 45 minutes of the game and scored on almost every halfway decent opportunity instead of being stoned 10-15 times.

Refs were ridiculously bad tonight.

My 2 thoughts from the game. I didn't think the team played much different than in Carolina.

Tonight Devils allowed good scoring opportunity to Minn for the last 45 minutes of the game and scored on almost every halfway decent opportunity instead of being stoned 10-15 times.

Refs were ridiculously bad tonight.

They were bad weren't they <_< clusterfvck or whatever his name is (Clutterbuck) was taking liberties tonight, I so wanted Holik or Rupp to blow him up with one of their classic hits. I've seen that clusterfvck before, he's a dirty sob (kinda reminds me of Steve Moore) he wants to make a name for himself by cheapshotting star players. He'll get his, hopefully "the Dion" will clock him when the Flames burn the Wild.

Just got back.

The first period, both teams, and the entire arena, was totally dead.

The last two periods were a lot better. We snuck down to the $100 seats, so it actually felt like we were at a hockey game. Minnesota was awful. We played pretty well, spent half the game on the PK, but fortunately we got a few lucky breaks, and they can't score. Crowd got great at the end, glad I was able to witness another Marty shutout. Also I forgot to pick up a program on Tuesday, so I'm glad they were still selling those today.

Also, it may have been a sellout, but the black seats were at LEAST half empty.

Edited by metallidevils

Must be a good luck charm this season when it comes to the GDT. :P

Now 9-0 this season in the GDT. :koolaid:

Nice bounce back game for the Devils tonight. Brodeur another shutout win #101 and now 2 to tie and 3 for the all-time shutout record. Elias played a great game scoring 2-goals and they were all playing well tonight except for way too many penalties. Need to stay out of the penalty box. The refs were brutal tonight for sure.

Win #47 for the Devils tonight and one more than their total last season and their 11th straight win on home ice. Minnesota still winless in new Jersey all-time. Big game up for the Devils now on Sunday in Boston. Great win and game tonight Devils.

Tonight Devils allowed good scoring opportunity to Minn for the last 45 minutes of the game

Agreed. I didn't see a strong team playing a non-playoff team. The Wild played very well and the scoreboard flatters us. And Brodeur definitely played awesome... some shutouts he has given to him, others he has to earn. He definitely earned the one last night.

They were bad weren't they <_< clusterfvck or whatever his name is (Clutterbuck) was taking liberties tonight, I so wanted Holik or Rupp to blow him up with one of their classic hits. I've seen that clusterfvck before, he's a dirty sob (kinda reminds me of Steve Moore) he wants to make a name for himself by cheapshotting star players. He'll get his, hopefully "the Dion" will clock him when the Flames burn the Wild.

hes probably still pissy he got made fun of in school b/c of his name :rofl:

I think that this game just goes to prove that LeClaire, as much as we will always love him for what he's done for us a s a franchise, is a relic of an older era of NHL.

Even though the Wild is minus Gabby and Burns.

You've got to have a strong forecheck and some puck-possession strategy to compete over the long hual in today's NHL.

I think that this game just goes to prove that LeClaire, as much as we will always love him for what he's done for us a s a franchise, is a relic of an older era of NHL.

Even though the Wild is minus Gabby and Burns.

You've got to have a strong forecheck and some puck-possession strategy to compete over the long hual in today's NHL.

I'm not sure LeClair ever did anything for the Devils franchise...

Jacques Lemaire, on the other hand, he was a pretty cool dude. B )