Anyone go to games alone?

DEV1LDR1VER

My friends are bailing and I considering going alone.

At games you want to celebrate, talk about the game, cheer, and be part of the event. I know people who will be in other sections. But wondering, have you ever gone alone, and sat alone?

I did once at the old Montreal forum. I went up for a Devs game and the Habs played the Flies the next day at 1pm. My friends were all hung over so I caught an awesome game alone.

Not sure if I will go alone to the Rock alone, or watch it at home with friends with BBQ and beer on the deck.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At games you want to celebrate, talk about the game, cheer, and be part of the event. I know people who will be in other sections. But wondering, have you ever gone alone, and sat alone?

I did once at the old Montreal forum. I went up for a Devs game and the Habs played the Flies the next day at 1pm. My friends were all hung over so I caught an awesome game alone.

Not sure if I will go alone to the Rock alone, or watch it at home with friends with BBQ and beer on the deck.

The only time I ever went to any game alone was actually the infamous Dolphins-Jets Monday Night Football game in 2000- the game where the Dolphins blew a 23 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost in OT. It was probably good for everyone I know that I went alone. :P

Yes -- when I was 33 I'd say I went about 15 games alone that season. I went to a playoff game or 2 alone as well. I did have friends at the arena (if you count freaks that used to have outRAGEOUS post counts on this board as real friends :giggle: ).

if you're a dude (I'm female myself) then what's the problem? or drag one of your p*ssy coach potato friends with you. Seriously if you have people free to watch the game with at home guilt them into getting off their fat asses to go with you. My fatassed friends always just encouraged me to go alone - they were Penguin fans - so I happily obliged. It's a lot of fun to go alone believe it or not.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Go. It's a playoff game.

Just go ... you'll have plenty of peeps in your section to cheer with, and talk about the game.

I went to the entire 2003 run by myself as well as my partials and playoffs in 2004

if you're chatty you get to know people around ya

if you have friends in the building you move to them

seeing them win the Cup in 03 ws kinda bittersweet cause I was on my own there... but still damn it's WORTH IT to be there

The only time I ever went to any game alone was actually the infamous Dolphins-Jets Monday Night Football game in 2000- the game where the Dolphins blew a 23 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost in OT. It was probably good for everyone I know that I went alone. :P

OUCH

I went to the entire 2003 run by myself as well as my partials and playoffs in 2004

if you're chatty you get to know people around ya

if you have friends in the building you move to them

That's one of the reasons I don't mind being stuck going to most games alone - though I am going with a friend to most of the playoff games - I do tend to at least know a few people in the arena (you included), and there are several sth's around me as well that are familiar faces.

Plus last year I even moved away from the section (as much as I like it) after the first period for a number of games to sit with a couple other people I knew in 114 just cause the option was there to sit with people I like.

That said, I don't see what the big deal is either, if you've watched games alone on your TV you can handle going to a game alone. Actually going to the arena and being able to cheer plus experience it live is still better than that anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

OUCH

That's one of the reasons I don't mind being stuck going to most games alone - though I am going with a friend to most of the playoff games - I do tend to at least know a few people in the arena (you included), and there are several sth's around me as well that are familiar faces.

Plus last year I even moved away from the section (as much as I like it) after the first period for a number of games to sit with a couple other people I knew in 114 just cause the option was there to sit with people I like.

That said, I don't see what the big deal is either, if you've watched games alone on your TV you can handle going to a game alone. Actually going to the arena and being able to cheer plus experience it live is still better than that anyway.

Yeah bro, brutal night... it started out great- met some Dolphins fans in the parking lot, tailgated, got a nice buzz going... and then it all went to hell. :P

it was kinda bittersweet to see them win the Cup and not being able to share it with anyone... that one night aside it never bothered me really

(it was also before I moved to NJ and had the joys of SUPER BAR OF AWESOME too though)

I have not bought my ticket yet. Will probably go. Someone offered me 2 $95 seats for $100. So I am hoping to get a p**sy fat ass couch potato friend to come. If I am solo I may just go early for $20 tix.

As I clicked ADD REPLY my cell phone rang and my buddy stepped up. He wakes up for work at 5am and we are going. Sitting close to ice. Bonus!

See you all there although I won't know if I see you since I don't know you.

Go Big Red!!!!

LGD!!!

Yeah bro, brutal night... it started out great- met some Dolphins fans in the parking lot, tailgated, got a nice buzz going... and then it all went to hell. :P

Heh that was my only good night of the week...right in between Mets-Yankees World Series (unless you want to count Game 3, but I never thought the Mets had a chance after Game 1 anyway). The MNF game was during the off night of the series so I was up late six nights in a row :P

it was kinda bittersweet to see them win the Cup and not being able to share it with anyone... that one night aside it never bothered me really

(it was also before I moved to NJ and had the joys of SUPER BAR OF AWESOME too though)

I was there myself too...but I didn't so much mind since I had the damn flu anyway plus I wound up sitting next to a cute redhead that was buzzed the whole night so I did have a little fun besides the game itself :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978