I really wish they would just go the fvck away already

thegame346

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you know what, the Canes remind me of the older era Devils teams, not the best, not the deepest, but very very smart and maybe just a little lucky.

fvck Carolina and their fans. I hope the winner of the Caps-Pens series rips them a new a$$hole.

I thought Boston would take care of that for us. Not a Canes fan at all but I do admire the Never Quit attitude. If the Devs had that we would still be watching them. Well heres to either the Caps or Pens doing what we couldn't.

Great post. Everyone on this board needs to get over spewing crap about the Canes and their fans.

Screw that, and screw CRASHER's rant too. As long as we're not chanting "CANES SUCK!" at games not involving Carolina like we do about a certain other team, we can say whatever the hell we want. Doesn't anyone remember our series where we found out they're stupid enough to think that noise equals victory? ("How could we have lost? Weren't we loud enough?")

I have no respect for an organization that was greedy enough to bolt Hartford because the city wouldn't bend over and give them a brand-spanking new arena. I have no respect for a fan base that thinks decibels make up for lack of knowledge about the game. I have no respect for certain Canes fans who think that because they're northern transplants and know their hockey, that means the entire fan base is quality. Screw that, you chose to move to redneck central, suck it up and accept the fact that you've surrounded yourself with idiots.

Credit is all fine and dandy but the thing I don't understand is that people want to give the Canes credit yet they will sh*t on their own team at every single turn. Our goalie sucks, our defense sucks, and our GM sucks. Everything about us sucks and needs to be blown up. We're going no where. Funny thing is that the Devils were only 80 seconds away from disposing of this Canes team that deserves "credit". They had it in the bag with their sh*t goaltending and mediocre D but simply let it get away. On top of that the Devils were dealing with some injuries and probably didn't play to their potential for a good portion of the series.

At the end of the day though the team that deserves all the "credit" basically needed a miracle (and some real awful clearing attempts) to beat that lousy team from New Jersey. This is very interesting to me. The Devils sure had some warts exposed this postseason but I'll hold off on the credit to the Canes for now. I think Boston not being as good as they were made out to be also has something to do with the bind they find themselves in at the moment.

There is not a single word of this post that I disagree with. Well said.

Credit is all fine and dandy but the thing I don't understand is that people want to give the Canes credit yet they will sh*t on their own team at every single turn. Our goalie sucks, our defense sucks, and our GM sucks. Everything about us sucks and needs to be blown up. We're going no where. Funny thing is that the Devils were only 80 seconds away from disposing of this Canes team that deserves "credit". They had it in the bag with their sh*t goaltending and mediocre D but simply let it get away. On top of that the Devils were dealing with some injuries and probably didn't play to their potential for a good portion of the series.

At the end of the day though the team that deserves all the "credit" basically needed a miracle (and some real awful clearing attempts) to beat that lousy team from New Jersey. This is very interesting to me. The Devils sure had some warts exposed this postseason but I'll hold off on the credit to the Canes for now. I think Boston not being as good as they were made out to be also has something to do with the bind they find themselves in at the moment.

Excellent post.

I don't give a sh!t about how they play. They could have Patrick Roy in net with Jagr, Lemieux and Yzerman on offense for all I care. But nothing will change the fact that I HATE the team and I want them to lose badly.

If they make the finals, I hope they win the first three games and then lose four straight.

I don't know how much each of their fans knows about hockey, but there sure do seem to be having a good time. Hell, if the Devils were still playing, I'd be standing up all game and cheering and hollering like Tarzan and yelling yabba-dabba-doo, too .

You're a persistent bugger, aren't ya?

I call it the way I see it Jerry. I think the Bruins are grossly overrated, and with the way the series against the Hurricanes is going, it looks like I'm being proved correct.

fvck the Fagicanes and fvck their stupid fans, most of whom know less about hockey than I've forgotton in the past 10 minutes. That franchise is a fvcking abomination, the fans are a fvcking joke, and their little run needs to be eradicated ASAP. Of course Boston 'aint coming back, so hopefully Pittsburgh or Washington can take care of these stupid sacks of sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020

fvck the Fagicanes and fvck their stupid fans, most of whom know less about hockey than I've forgotton in the past 10 minutes. That franchise is a fvcking abomination, the fans are a fvcking joke, and their little run needs to be eradicated ASAP. Of course Boston 'aint coming back, so hopefully Pittsburgh or Washington can take care of these stupid sacks of sh!t.

Tell 'em how you feel MD, don't hold anything back :beerbang::koolaid:

POD. Get on it Msweet.

Spot on Crasher. Another reason they are doing well is not so much that they are outworking Boston, the Bruins are a fraud anyway, they are being exposed for what they are, overrated.

Boston ranked 2nd in the league in goals for, and ranked 1st for goals against .. Tim Thomas led the league in GAA and SV% .. their PP ranked 4th in the league .. they had a ton of guys with great +/- .. and lastly all of this resulted in them being t-1st with Detroit for the most wins.

How are they overrated? And by saying they are overrated you are taking away credit from Carolina, the team that Crasher gave strong credit to in his 'POD'

Edited by nmigliore

Boston ranked 2nd in the league in goals for, and ranked 1st for goals against .. Tim Thomas led the league in GAA and SV% .. their PP ranked 4th in the league .. they had a ton of guys with great +/- .. and lastly all of this resulted in them being t-1st with Detroit for the most wins.

How are they overrated? And by saying they are overrated you are taking away credit from Carolina, the team that Crasher gave strong credit to in his 'POD'

They're a bit overrated because they beat up on crappy teams in their divison most of the season... Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Buffalo were not exactly world-beaters.....

Let me start of by saying I dislike the Hurricanes

Can people get over themselves, really. Carolina is a very good team with a very good goalie and they are hot. After watching the Devs Canes series one cant help but to admire their fight and effort. Especially in the waning moment of games :doh1: . But seriously, accusations of diving their way to cup or other stupid remarks of that nature is juvenile and just plain stupid. Nothing from this years team indicates "cheating' or anything like that

Edited by Elias FTW

Let me start of by saying I dislike the Hurricanes

Can people get over themselves, really. Carolina is a very good team with a very good goalie and they are hot. After watching the Devs Canes series one cant help but to admire their fight and effort. Especially in the waning moment of games :doh1: . But seriously, accusations of diving their way to cup or other stupid remarks of that nature is juvenile and just plain stupid. Nothing from this years team indicates "cheating' or anything like that

This still cracks me up.

Wow, some sour grapes there? Face it, their goalie outplayed ours, especially when it counted, and they're playing better team hockey than we played all playoffs. They're the underdogs beating up on all the favorites. That's what the Devs used to be, and I for one respect that tremendously.

If you're reduced to mindless commentary like F the team and F their fans, you don't have much to say, really. Or maybe you care to tell us why "the franchise is a f[ing] abomination"?

- Jeff

Edited by jsonnabend

They're a bit overrated because they beat up on crappy teams in their divison most of the season... Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Buffalo were not exactly world-beaters.....

Can't really use the schedule argument considering each team only had 24 division games this year. That's basically 70% of your schedule outside the division. They looked impressive enough against us in late March with first seed on the line :P

Hell they beat Carolina all four times in the regular season, but playoff hockey's just different. Doesn't make them a fluke for losing in the second round, they're only a fluke if they bring back the same team and struggle to make the playoffs next year.

What baffles me is that it seems like everytime they beat us in the playoffs they go on a roll and find themselves in the SCF...it's unbelievable

Pick your destruction.

A loaded gun to the head or cyanide poisoning? If the Caps or Bruins don't find a way to come back and make it to the ECF I am not going to be able to stomach knowing the Canes or Pens will be in the SCF.

I would rather be tied to a chair and kicked repeatedly in the groin for two weeks straight.

Hockey is getting to be way to cruel lately.

Edited by Top Shelf