I really wish they would just go the fvck away already

thegame346

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There gonna dive their way to another cup.

^

I wonder if there is some kind of % of chance to make the SCF when a team makes the playoffs based on past playoff appearances.. Im sure Carolina has to be up there..

With Cam Ward in goal they are getting the job done.

I cant think of any other team that lives and dies with their goalie as much as the Canes do. When he's on , they are just about unbeatable, short of a heroic game from the opposing goalie.

Get over the diving people... they're not as bad as they were under Laviolette!!!!!!

I understand the jealousy in Cam Ward BEING what we expect mb30 to be (and what HE thinks he still is :P)

I get the fans are retards and have been taught the game MISERABLY... but they are loud and no team feeds off them more then they do (well maybe Calgary, sh!t good it did THEM)

This team has GUTS, heart, character and WILL NOT ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER DIE

As a hockey fan suck it up and respect them and give them some fvcking credit!!!!

I don't like Carolina either, but if anyone thinks they've dove their way to a 3-to-1 lead in games over Boston, watch more closely. Outplayed and outskated, Boston is.

You can add outcoached most of all :P Julien's proving the haters right in this series...how Boston comes out totally dead in two straight games (the second when behind) is beyond me. I chuckled when they brought Maurice back but man that move's worked out 110% for them, they've been an elite team since the coaching change.

Get over the diving people... they're not as bad as they were under Laviolette!!!!!!

True, they still dive some (mainly Staal) but fortunately the refs didn't really reward them for it in our series so it didn't matter. Most of my bad feeling towards them this time around has to do with them tanking the last game of the season and getting rewarded for it, not to mention that punk Gleason and his 'guarantee' and cheap shots during the series...of course he had to be the one to make the great game-saving play in Game 7 too :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

I understand the jealousy in Cam Ward BEING what we expect mb30 to be (and what HE thinks he still is :P)

I get the fans are retards and have been taught the game MISERABLY... but they are loud and no team feeds off them more then they do (well maybe Calgary, sh!t good it did THEM)

As a hockey fan suck it up and respect them and give them some fvcking credit!!!!

Great post. Everyone on this board needs to get over spewing crap about the Canes and their fans. They have incredible fans. And who cares that some might not be the most knowledgeable. They are loud, passionate, dedicated. They tailgate all day before the games and thousands of fans greeted the team at the airport after a first round series. That is awesome.

And I barely saw any diving so far from them this playoffs. You have a coach that doesn't yell and complain like their old coach either.

Great post. Everyone on this board needs to get over spewing crap about the Canes and their fans. They have incredible fans. And who cares that some might not be the most knowledgeable. They are loud, passionate, dedicated. They tailgate all day before the games and thousands of fans greeted the team at the airport after a first round series. That is awesome.

And I barely saw any diving so far from them this playoffs. You have a coach that doesn't yell and complain like their old coach either.

Sorry but I am not giving the hurricanes any credit even if they win the cup this year. It takes a lot more then a goalie who just gets hot at the right time for me to give a team credit. They finished 6th seed this season which is enough of an indicator to me that they are lucky Ward is playing out of his mind right now. If Ward was the stellar goalie that he's making himself seem to be right now the Canes would have finished 1st in thier division and not 6th in the conference. If he so much as bats an eyelash thier team is through and its just a matter of time before he hits that brick wall.

Credit is all fine and dandy but the thing I don't understand is that people want to give the Canes credit yet they will sh*t on their own team at every single turn. Our goalie sucks, our defense sucks, and our GM sucks. Everything about us sucks and needs to be blown up. We're going no where. Funny thing is that the Devils were only 80 seconds away from disposing of this Canes team that deserves "credit". They had it in the bag with their sh*t goaltending and mediocre D but simply let it get away. On top of that the Devils were dealing with some injuries and probably didn't play to their potential for a good portion of the series.

At the end of the day though the team that deserves all the "credit" basically needed a miracle (and some real awful clearing attempts) to beat that lousy team from New Jersey. This is very interesting to me. The Devils sure had some warts exposed this postseason but I'll hold off on the credit to the Canes for now. I think Boston not being as good as they were made out to be also has something to do with the bind they find themselves in at the moment.

I'll respect their play but not their team. I just can't. It still pisses me off that they and their fans clearly wanted us in the first round and we couldnt stuff it in their pie holes.

POD. Get on it Msweet.

Spot on Crasher. Another reason they are doing well is not so much that they are outworking Boston, the Bruins are a fraud anyway, they are being exposed for what they are, overrated.

After watching Game 4 last night I have to tip my hat off and give the credit that is deserved to Carolina. I wish the Devils played like Carolina is playing right now and if they were they would still be in the playoffs. Carolina plays the full 60-minutes hard and attacks for the full 60-minutes. This team does not sit back. I hate Carolina as much as I hate the Rangers and Flyers, but they deserve credit where credit is due.

Carolina has some key players like Staal, Ward and Jokinen that is carrying this team so far to possibly the ECF with one more win. These players stepped up their games and are hungry to win. This team just does not quit and they don't want to die.

I'll respect their play but not their team. I just can't. It still pisses me off that they and their fans clearly wanted us in the first round and we couldnt stuff it in their pie holes.

Exactly. You can respect a team but still want them to lose as soon as possible.

Credit is all fine and dandy but the thing I don't understand is that people want to give the Canes credit yet they will sh*t on their own team at every single turn.

Bottom line, we lost and they're still winning, one step away from the Conference Finals. And I'd favor them over Pittsburgh or Washington unless the refs give Crosby a ton of early Christmas gifts.

Plus the Devils just flat out underachieved from mid-March on which is why a lot of the negativity is to a degree deserved, this team definitely was the best since 2003 and yes had a chance to go much further in the playoffs but they have absolutely nothing to show for it other than another worthless division banner and an epic choke.

Edited by Hasan4978

They are getting all the bounces right now, blocking a sh*t load of shots, that non-holding call on Chara last night was huge. That was when they were only up 2-1.

:hail: