Comprehensive Free Agent Signing Thread

njdevil26

Congrats and good luck, Clemmer. We don't have that 2008-09 Atlantic Division Champions banner without you.

Agreed, and he got a nice 3 year deal where he can play a solid amount of games.

Edited by nmigliore

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was really gonna offer him a deal to be a starter? He actually did much better for himself than I thought, good for him. Maybe the Panthers'll start him in the supposed home opener :whistling:
He knew noone was signing him for that role. At best, he'd be a 1B type. This is a good move for him. He'll certainly play 25+ games a year there.

I definitely agree that no team was going to sign him to be the main starter, but didn't he say during the season that he wanted to be a starter somewhere?

Backup in Florida > Starter in Lowell. Plus, you never know.

I don't think he would have been in Lowell. If he wanted to play in the Devils' organization, he probably would have backed up Marty. Although I do agree that being a backup for the Panthers is better than backing up Marty.

Mike Rupp thanks for that goal in 2003.....

yeah... thats about it :noclue: .. eh he was a solid 4th liner i guess, worked hard to get into the lineup.

i just dont remember him being much of a physical force this year though

Edited by nmigliore

With Rupp officially being gone, I'll reiterate my earlier concern ... Pronger and Brashear just came to the Atlantic. I hope we have something else up our sleeves besides P3L. Otherwise these goons won't be thinking twice before taking a run at Zach.

Good signing for pittsburgh!

once again we watch the Devils lose players! and not add them! I know its early but............

What exactly do the Devils lose by letting Rupp walk? The kids in the minors and maybe a signing or two will settle everything for this team.

With Rupp officially being gone, I'll reiterate my earlier concern ... Pronger and Brashear just came to the Atlantic. I hope we have something else up our sleeves besides P3L. Otherwise these goons won't be thinking twice before taking a run at Zach.

+1