trade for arnott

NYCdevil

i know it probably won't happen, but it would be great for the Devils to get get back one of my favorite players of all time Jason Arnott. Obviously Nashville would want something really good back and was thinking it should go this way:

Devils trade: David Clarkson, Tyler Eckford, 3rd Round pick

Predators trade: Jason Arnott, 1st round pick (maybe 2nd)

parise-zajac-langs

elias-arnott-rolston

bergfors-zubrus-shanny

pandolfo-pelley-?

That is a horrendous trade for the Predators. Why would they give up a 1st round pick for that package?

AND STOP TRYING TO RELIVE THE PAST. ARNOTT IS NOT COMING BACK. SYKORA IS NOT COMING BACK. PAT BURNS WILL NEVER BE THE COACH AGAIN. NEIDMYMOTHER ISN'T COMING BACK.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE BROUGHT HOLIK BACK AND NOW fvckING LEMAIRE. STOP IT!

this could very well be the most incredible over estimation of your own teams players value i have EVER seen in my life. you mean to tell me a recently converted forward at D who is a project prospect still and a 3rd/4th line grinder fighter plus a 3rd is worth a 1st line center a 1st roun pick AND a 2nd round pick?!?!?!?!?!

I would love to get arny back but this proposal is absurd. redo the trade proposal and repost because that is all people are gonna register out of this whole thread.

If we didn't have to give up any promising prospects or current players like Clarkson, Bergfors, etc then yeah I would go after Arnott but the preds will obviously want some players like that in return so the trade will not happen.

I don't know how to get any players without 'promising prospects' and 'current players.'

For the cap, I will say no to Arnott. Of course I would love to have him, he is a solid player but he doesn't fit in financially towards the future. Same problem as Bergeron, just not enough cap.

Also, to get the Predators to even think about trading their captain, its going to cost something more than Clarkson.

Clarkson, Bergfors and a high pick, probably a second but possibly a first, for Arnott.

Remember:

To get Langenbrunner and Joe Nieuwendyk, the Devils had to trade two roster players, McKay and Arnott as well as a first.

Trades aren't cheap people.

Edited by SteveStevens

i think this topic should be re-named so as not to be misleading.

that said, trade ideas in theory need to take into consideration the salary cap, contract years, and potential assets. this particular trade thought is definitely overly quixotic.

as Tri and others have said, pretty much in order to take on another center of significant salary, we would have to convince someone to take Zubrus which is an improbable task. would i like arnott as one of our centers? of course. but i'd also like zetterberg or mike richards or any number of others - doesn't mean there's any chance of acquiring them.

and the only trade you'd probably see involving Zubrus is something like "Zubrus + 1st round pick to Edm for 4th round pick".

if NJ doesn't get a guy like Malhotra (for whom I am a big advocate), i think best bet is simply to hope Zubrus finds some chemistry and pots 50+ pts. Hell, if the guy could get 60 pts, his 3.4m wouldn't seem so bad, but he hasn't come close (38 and 40 in his 2 yrs here).

anyway, i know it's slow right now, but trade ideas should be sensible when posted (like the Bergeron idea--since it at least makes sense that Boston has too much salary on the cap right now).

-bekim, official advocate for UFA Malhotra and/or trading for Kaberle.

I'm going to be diplomatic. That's not a very good trade. Arnott is their first line center and captain. Why are they trading him, with a 1st round pick, for Clarkson, who is not in Arnott's ballpark + Eckford, who they already have better than on their team and in their system.

that might fail in NHL 09.

When thinking of trade ideas you have to think of what the other team needs, for instance someone like Calgary or Boston would probably like to dump some cap space so they're not gonna take on a contract like Zubrus. A team like Nashville probably has the best defense that you've never heard of so they aren't gonna want someone like Eckford.

Well, I was thinking along those terms, but differently:

Devils trade: Jay Pandolfo, Dainius Zubrus, 3rd round pick

Devils get: Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin, 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, legal rights to post nude pictures of Jessica Biel.

I think it's a fair trade for both sides, to be quite honest.

Are you fvcking serious?? We could easily get Green from the caps with a package like that.

Well since everyones flaming down these ideas and saying Bergfors, clarkson,and other youth and a first is equal to arnott, I'm going to throw this idea out there. You guys are looking too highly at Arnott. These might not be enough but if you ask around the nashville and other fans I can guarantee they won't look at him like an untouchable piece like you guys are for some unknown reason...

Well, I was thinking along those terms, but differently:

Devils trade: Jay Pandolfo, Dainius Zubrus, 3rd round pick

Devils get: Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin, 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, legal rights to post nude pictures of Jessica Biel.

I think it's a fair trade for both sides, to be quite honest.

Throw in Holik and you have a deal.

jason arnott is the predators best forward, they are not going to trade him, end of story.

Not today, that's for sure. Maybe at the deadline, if the Preds are out of it and the selling price will be at its highest, but unless an equally good player is coming back, then the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10. Not good for a franchise that's on shaky ground with its fanbase as it is.

Unfortunately, 90% of fan trade proposals fall into the "mediocre quantity for one great quality"-type category. The ideas that WFAN callers propose are almost always laughable.

i know it probably won't happen, but it would be great for the Devils to get get back one of my favorite players of all time Jason Arnott. Obviously Nashville would want something really good back and was thinking it should go this way:

Devils trade: David Clarkson, Tyler Eckford, 3rd Round pick

Predators trade: Jason Arnott, 1st round pick (maybe 2nd)

parise-zajac-langs

elias-arnott-rolston

bergfors-zubrus-shanny

pandolfo-pelley-?

With all due respect, what you are proposing is a pipe dream. What you are sending to the Preds in that scenario might secure Arnott OR a 1st rnder, but never both. keep in mind that not all 1st round picks are the same and the Preds have gotta figure that they'll likely be picking at least in the middle of the 1st.... if not earlier. Now if they went for it, I'd say do it simply because it is such a good value.

Not today, that's for sure. Maybe at the deadline, if the Preds are out of it and the selling price will be at its highest, but unless an equally good player is coming back, then the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10. Not good for a franchise that's on shaky ground with its fanbase as it is.

Really, now...they told their fan base that they're not planning to compete this year? Link? Pulled out of your a$$ much?

I live in Nashville, I'm a partial season ticket holder...and that has not been stated down here. They may be able to squeak into the 6-7-8 spots with some luck, but your statement is just not true.

Really, now...they told their fan base that they're not planning to compete this year? Link? Pulled out of your a$$ much?

I live in Nashville, I'm a partial season ticket holder...and that has not been stated down here. They may be able to squeak into the 6-7-8 spots with some luck, but your statement is just not true.

Read what he wrote again.