The Hockey News NHL Jersey Rankings

Maddog

i don't know what the kings are doing at 12, that is a god awful logo they have. dallas should be number 29, only because there is columbus' terrible logo to lead number 30.

at least Columbus's logo is based off the Ohio state flag, Dallas's are just meant to look like football jerseys which of course look utterly ridiculous in every conceivable way

God I really hate this guy's rankings. Clearly doesn't know what a good jersey makes. I'm not going to say I'm an expert but really, how can you put Dallas so high? And "Number on breast always good"...not by my standards. And the fact that he used Atlanta and Phoenix's away jerseys (white) just shows he's really not paying attention. And just throwing the original six on top because they're original six...just annoys me.

Oh stupid slow August nothing new in the hockey world BUT how can they rank Dallas so high it just says Dallas across the front in a boring font! OUT RAGE!

seeing all of these jerseys made me realize how much I hate the "aerodynamic" edge jersey.

+1 x2

Edited by ClarkyDano23

I always liked Buffalo's old black jersey. Why did they change it? I also wish the Kings would go back to the jerseys they had when Gretzky was on the team. Now that was a cool looking jersey.

Nah, they need to go back to their original jerseys, the bright blue and yellow. Jersey's have gotten so dark. I mean, you turn on NHL Network now and see a game from the 80's, and you KNOW the teams the second you see it. Bright green North Stars and Whalers jersey's, Isles and Oilers were bright blue and orange but different enough to stand apart, Flyers were orange, Devils were red and green (ok, glad that changed), Vancouver had a different wacky jersey every 2 years, Calgary with orange and... lighter orange. I don't know, just seems everyone has darker-toned jerseys and a black 3rd jersey now.

The Devils were one of a handful of teams whose uniforms translated into the RBK Edge era real well. They are Top 10, easily.

IMO, since this rag likes to blow the Original 6, Toronto absolutely sucks, but they would look great if they went to the 3rd style with the 21 point Leaf. The Rangers did not translate into Edge very well because their diagonal crest looks too cramped and too centered because of the design of the uniform. The little red swatch on the front collar of the home blue takes away form the "vintage" look of an all blue tie down collar. Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Detroit all look great in Edge.

The Islanders and Oilers 3rds are awesome shirts and would look great as primaries.

Edited by SJP20

I like my hockey Jersey old school with a simple color scheme and an iconic logo. Devils, Detroit, Blackhawks, etc are all great looking in my book. I hate all the piping and excess numbering, and the overuse of black. I used to love Calgary's old Jersey with the orange C...it looked like fire. I also think that Ottawa ruined their logo by taking a iconic senator and turning it into a goofy cartoon.

So yeah. Keep it simple. keep it iconic. and keep it colorful please

Edited by NJTommo44

i don't know what the kings are doing at 12, that is a god awful logo they have. dallas should be number 29, only because there is columbus' terrible logo to lead number 30.

The thing that ruins the Kings jersey is the Los Angeles acros the bottom, the Crown logo is pretty cool IMO, their Third jersey is also pretty cool, and at least they have their own unique identity and colour scheme with the Purple.

The Devils were one of a handful of teams whose uniforms translated into the RBK Edge era real well. They are Top 10, easily.

IMO, since this rag likes to blow the Original 6, Toronto absolutely sucks, but they would look great if they went to the 3rd style with the 21 point Leaf. The Rangers did not translate into Edge very well because their diagonal crest looks too cramped and too centered because of the design of the uniform. The little red swatch on the front collar of the home blue takes away form the "vintage" look of an all blue tie down collar. Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Detroit all look great in Edge.

The Islanders and Oilers 3rds are awesome shirts and would look great as primaries.

+1

After the Devils, Boston would have to be the top of my list then Detroit, i think i remember reading that the Islanders were going to switch from their home jersey to their third jersey as their primary, but the NHL blocked it:

Found it Link

I really like Dallas' jersey. 1 million times better then that '99-'00 era horror with the giant star across the whole uni....... :puke:

Rangers is just plain disgusting......I abhor it.

Devs jerseys suck with the black shoulders. Lose the black up top, then the jersey is 100x better.

Nah, they need to go back to their original jerseys, the bright blue and yellow. Jersey's have gotten so dark. I mean, you turn on NHL Network now and see a game from the 80's, and you KNOW the teams the second you see it. Bright green North Stars and Whalers jersey's, Isles and Oilers were bright blue and orange but different enough to stand apart, Flyers were orange, Devils were red and green (ok, glad that changed), Vancouver had a different wacky jersey every 2 years, Calgary with orange and... lighter orange. I don't know, just seems everyone has darker-toned jerseys and a black 3rd jersey now.

This was never more painfully clear than a few years back when the four teams in the Eastern Conference Semis were the Devils, Canes, Sens and Sabres. At the time, all four teams were wearing red, white and black. The Devils traded green for black, the Canes dropped the Hartford green and blue and the Sabres not only got rid of the old blue and gold, but also left the actual sabres out of their logo too!

The thing that ruins the Kings jersey is the Los Angeles acros the bottom, the Crown logo is pretty cool IMO, their Third jersey is also pretty cool, and at least they have their own unique identity and colour scheme with the Purple.

+1

After the Devils, Boston would have to be the top of my list then Detroit, i think i remember reading that the Islanders were going to switch from their home jersey to their third jersey as their primary, but the NHL blocked it:

Found it Link

It could be happening by 2010-2011

That "Buffaslug" is weak. The Sabres old jerseys with the crossed swords were great -- vintage. They used an updated version of it as their third jersey last year -- which I loved except for the vertical silver piping along the front. But still, they should just make that their regular jersey again.

Whoever said that the Oilers were too low on the list, I agree. And whoever said that they liked Calgary's older jersey without the black, I agree with that too. And whoever said that the Rangers logo doesn't translate well with the Edge jerseys was spot on. Also, as much as most people here seem to hate them, I don't mind Dallas' jersey. Sometimes simple works.

I think the Coyotes have a cool logo, but maybe the arms and/or shoulders need to be different.

I guess all in all, I don't have too big a problem with the list. I would probably put the Bruins at No. 1 and drop the Blackhawks down a few spots. But everybody has their own personal tastes anyway.