GDT: 1/23/10 NJ Devils at NY Isles 7:00 EST

Par9

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win. The kind of win that the New Jersey Devils organization over the years has fought and scrapped for since 1994. On the road against a hot team, injuries, playing a crap game at home the night before, playing like crap for 66% of the game, overcome a dumb major penalty, Marty makes some big saves, and you get a couple of ugly goals.

That's Devils "tread water" hockey. Hopefully they'll be able to tread water a little longer until the cavelry arrives.

Dude, I'm in South Jersey, you just have to download the Sop Cast ActiveX stuff and watch the game on your PC.

You could have seen the game here: http://www.kilonetsports.com/kilonet2.shtml

You just need to download and install this (on Windows)http://www.sopcast.com/download/

I don't need it man... I don't live in South Jersey. Just down here visiting family.

I didn't see the game because I'm in South Jersey, but I'm THRILLED to hear they won. I was very worried about this game. What the hell did White do? Hit from behind?

Yes, hit from behind. Bergenheim was about 4 feet from the boards and White hit him in the #'s and he went head first to the glass, he cut his face too. White got a 5 min major and a game misconduct as per the rules.

I'll take the win. It's lowly, and it's against the Islanders, but it's what we should be doing to teams like them. Hopefully this gets us some momentum to snap out of this slump (the fact that the first line had every goal besides the Salvador one is telling). Lemaire will probably be pissed at them after tonight, I rarely see him show as much emotion as he did.

Also, as usual, I'm glad we're not the Rangers. They get shut out 6-0 by Montreal and...

The Rangers were shut out for the second straight game and for the fourth time in seven contests.

I mean, we're having goal-scoring problems, but we're not having that. Really proves how much they depend on Gaborik. 3 goals in his last 15 games...and the Rangers offense is basically dead.

Edited by DevilNurn

So some of you got the Devils feed? For some reason Center Ice only gave me the Islanders feed. The other channel had no broadcast. That sucked a lot. Great win though. Glad Salvador got to redeem himself after the oops in the goal. Two goals by Parise and the captain starting it off just makes this a good win.

From what I saw yesterday and what I heard tonight, I'm liking the Captains heart of late.

Maybe Team USA has a chance next month afterall.

haven't read the thread - first off, cangelosi is just embarrassing, i'd rather have al trautwig and mark (N)Єverson in the booth than that rangers fan. i did enjoy his call of rob 'shemp' though - doug 'curly' weight and john 'moe' tavares are sure to follow.

lucky win but sometimes that's needed. also a good sign is that if my eyes didn't deceive me, i thought i saw pandolfo only take 3 shifts in the 3rd period, and that's a good sign, since pandolfo has just been terrible of late.

I'm watching the replay now, looks like he was benched or hurt.

at least late in the period, the last few shifts were.

PZL

Zharkov-Dean-Bergfors

Rolston-Rob Nieds-Palmieri

wait, he's back at 2 minutes or so with Rob Nieds and Zharkov. maybe Lemaire was going nutty with the bingo ball machine and Pandolfo's number didn't come up much

Had to suffer through the Islanders feed, and 10 minutes disussing how little the Devils are scoring.

1 SOG in the 2nd and its the tying goal. That had to stick in the Fishermen's craw. Jamie looks like he's on a mission at times.

Nice to finally get a goal from the defense.

I'll take the win. It's lowly, and it's against the Islanders, but it's what we should be doing to teams like them. Hopefully this gets us some momentum to snap out of this slump (the fact that the first line had every goal besides the Salvador one is telling). Lemaire will probably be pissed at them after tonight, I rarely see him show as much emotion as he did.

Also, as usual, I'm glad we're not the Rangers. They get shut out 6-0 by Montreal and...

I mean, we're having goal-scoring problems, but we're not having that. Really proves how much they depend on Gaborik. 3 goals in his last 15 games...and the Rangers offense is basically dead.

Unfortunately, the second sentence sums up how fans often feel about teams behind them in the standings...like every win is a "should win" in that situation. The Islanders aren't a bad team, and they're fighting for a playoff berth. The Devils are 3-1 against them this season. Should they automatically have been 4-0?

Think about it...during this slump the Devils are 2-4. Compare that to some other slumps we've seen...is that really so terrible, all things considered? Also consider that this is their first real downturn of the season, and even with that, they still have a very legitimate shot at turning in their fourth straight winning month of the season...they're 6-5 in January, and seven of those games have been played on the road. I had them going about .500 for this month with their schedule, so I fully expected this.

Re: the Rangers...yeah, they're still very much a two-player team that occasionally gets contributions from others, but with no consistency whatsoever. It doesn't matter if you can score 8 goals in one game and 5 in another but come up zeroes in 4 out of 7 games.

haven't read the thread - first off, cangelosi is just embarrassing, i'd rather have al trautwig and mark (N)Єverson in the booth than that rangers fan. i did enjoy his call of rob 'shemp' though - doug 'curly' weight and john 'moe' tavares are sure to follow.

lucky win but sometimes that's needed. also a good sign is that if my eyes didn't deceive me, i thought i saw pandolfo only take 3 shifts in the 3rd period, and that's a good sign, since pandolfo has just been terrible of late.

cangelosi, is not a rangers fan.