World Cup 2010

redruM

Germany were way better than Argentina but 4-0 is just showing off :lol:

:wub:

Couldn't happen to a better country!!! love seeing their sports teams duck n run like their women do :P

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to a great game today (Spain-Germany). I just wish I could see it live and not have to DVR it.

Anyone going anyplace good to see it? Or the final?

Edited by 95Crash

Yeah, my wife is of German descent, so I was definitely rooting for them. I guess Spain was just more experienced? dontknow.gif

If anyone is looking for a good place to watch the final, I went to Zeppelin Hall in Jersey City on a Sunday a few weeks ago and they had the Brazil game up on most of the TVs, including the really big screen, with the sound turned up. Everyone was watching it. It was a pretty cool atmosphere.

I wanted to go there this Sunday to watch it, but I have a concert to go to that night.

Edited by 95Crash

Yeah, my wife is of German descent, so I was definitely rooting for them. I guess Spain was just more experienced? dontknow.gif

If anyone is looking for a good place to watch the final, I went to Zeppelin Hall in Jersey City on a Sunday a few weeks ago and they had the Brazil game up on most of the TVs, including the really big screen, with the sound turned up. Everyone was watching it. It was a pretty cool atmosphere.

Zeppelin Hall is that near Grove Street?

Just a little more than 8 hours until the final and I never been this nervous about any game, but then again, this is only the biggest sportsgame in our national history.

GO HOLLAND!!! BEAT SPAIN AND PROVE THE WORLD THAT EVEN THAT SQUID CAN BE WRONG!!!

I have to go with the lesser of 2 evils,

GO SPAIN!

Plz explain how that is the lesser of two evils? There's plenty of Spanish (Catalans) who dont even want their country to win.

They're both full of overacting divers, but oh well. At least the French aren't there.

That was a very entertaining game... with good referee....

Weird how we haven't see "the same game"...

But all that is subjective i guess.

Two weaks D, two tired team... and the best team wins at the end. Load of actions with some great goaltending.

Typical final of a World Cup !

I hate Spain but... i guess... all i can say is "congrat"

At least the French aren't there.

What do you mean ?

What rubbish of a game. The officiating was awful. Really? The yellows??? At least I don't have to plan to watch the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, as we know the outcome already.

FIFA, thanks for wasting a month of my life, you freaking wanker organization.

Go Skunkthorpe!

(sweet hayzeus... edit)

Edited by Copper Kettle

This really hurts, but I am damn proud of our boys in Orange!

With a little bit of luck we could have won it in regular time if Robben scored one of those two open chances. But in extra time, it was all Spain and we were lucky to only concede a goal at the end.

I usually don't like to point the finger at the referee, but let's just say this guy was really bad. He killed the game by calling so many fouls and was terribly inconsistent. Most of the Dutch cards were deserved but Spain could have easily gotten some more yellows and even one or two reds. But in the end, we just didn't play well enough today to win it. Very, very sad, because we probably don't get a chance like this soon.

Was very dissapointed the Dutch didnt win.

But Howard Webb didnt have a bad game. He didn't have much choice but to book players from either side. The dutch can complain all they want but they were lucky to see out the first half with all 11 men on the field.

De Jong should have been sent off, that was just a terrible tackle.

It wasn't a great game of football, Robben should have probably done better when he was clean through, whenever he used to do that for Chelsea he would have dinked that over Casilas and into the back of the net.

The trouble for holland was that Sjnider had a very, vary poor game by his standards. You could tell he was struggling when he shot from about 40 yards when he could have just held onto the ball.

Oh well, i picked spain before the tournament so i guess i was right.

Plz explain how that is the lesser of two evils? There's plenty of Spanish (Catalans) who dont even want their country to win.

They're both full of overacting divers, but oh well. At least the French aren't there.

The Spanish players don't use our jerseys to publicly wipe their asses

Koeman_webC_244202a_126372a.jpg

Edited by eaglejelly