Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe that Chicago has the upper hand back at the UC with the last change. I'm sure the newspapers will be calling out the league for allowing the Flyers to get away with murder while whistling Chicago for the tiniest infraction as well.

At that point we're looking at a home ice series a la 2003.

4-2 Bolland backdoor on the 5 x 3

I also said this midway through this game, I'd bet the home team wins each game. I originally had Hawks in 6, but I'm going to have to revise this to Hawks in 7.

Also, the officials must be blinded by all that orange, they can't see crap that the Flyers are pulling and getting away with.

I still believe that Chicago has the upper hand back at the UC with the last change. I'm sure the newspapers will be calling out the league for allowing the Flyers to get away with murder while whistling Chicago for the tiniest infraction as well.

At that point we're looking at a home ice series a la 2003.

4-2 Bolland backdoor on the 5 x 3

I'm not counting on home ice holding up. It's not 2003, we kicked the Ducks' rear ends at home and they barely scratched out two wins at the Pond. Chicago wasn't all that impressive in the first two games at home but snatched Game 1 with their offense and Game 2 with Niemi playing well. Philly'll win in Game 6, now it's just a matter of whether the Hawks choke in Game 5 or Game 7.

And for some reason the NHL does let Laviolette's teams get away with murder, maybe he knows how to intimidate the refs more than anyone else.

And for some reason the NHL does let Laviolette's teams get away with murder

I absolutely agree. When he was the Canes coach, they got away with so many penalties on their way to the Cup. Last night's refereeing was disgusting. They dont want a one-sided called game? The Flyers scored off of phantoms calls. Take away their supposed high-sticking penalty to Briere and who knows what happens. If you remember, that's exactly how the 2005 Canes would win.. getting the whistle and then scoring off the powerplay. I'm not taking away from the Flyers' talent to score off the PP but I think it's rediculous with the amount they get thrown their way. I think Laviolette is good at bitching to the refs and getting them to bend in his favor. That's my guess..

Right on. Chicago needs to pull their heads from their asses immediately.

You are so correct, they are home tomorrow and they need to play hard for a full 60 minute without the stupid mistakes. Play 3 periods like the last period of game 4. If they don't win game 5 they are done IMO. Flyers have too much energy plus Pronger.

It makes no sense to me that everyone is overreacting at Chicago losing two straight and yelling that they did everything wrong. Listen, what we have here is a case of two really good teams being in the Stanley Cup Finals and both have a legitimate shot to win this thing.

...Listen, what we have here is a case of two really good teams being in the Stanley Cup Finals and both have a legitimate shot to win this thing.

puke.gif

This statement turns my stomach.

1 - If the refs would stop putting the Flyhers on the PP the games would be more Blackhawkey.

2 - I can't stand thinking of the Flyhers winning. It would be way too many teams I loathe winning in the last 16 years.

I think I am cursing the Hawks. I gotta stop rooting for them so the Hockey Gods chill on this sarcastic run the Flyhers are making. dontknow.gif

1 - If the refs would stop putting the Flyhers on the PP the games would be more Blackhawkey.

2 - I can't stand thinking of the Flyhers winning. It would be way too many teams I loathe winning in the last 16 years.

If I had a nickel for every time someone blamed the refs putting the other team on the PP for a team's loss I'd be rich. The truth is every team finds themselves in the box a little too much and a good team gets past it. I agree that it is difficult to watch the Flyers succeed but the truth is that we have the two best teams in the Stanley Cup Final and it very well may take 7 games to determine a winner.

wheres doc! =[

edit: lol

Dan Patrick joins NBC Sports' coverage as event host for Game 5 from United Center in Chicago. He will also host Games 6-7, if necessary. Mike "Doc" Emrick (play-by-play), who is calling his 12th Stanley Cup Final, Eddie Olczyk (analyst) and Pierre McGuire (inside-the-glass reporter) will call the action. McGuire will pull double duty, hosting NBC's studio show alongside analysts Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick.

Why the hell did they bring in Dan Patrick to do the intro, he's terribad.

Edited by squishyx

wheres doc! =[

edit: lol

Why the hell did they bring in Dan Patrick to do the intro, he's terribad.

Probably to raise the profile of the series a bit just like NBC always gets Costas to do the Winter Classic intro.

Chicago flat out dominating Philly early but keeps on missing the net with their shots. This will be brutal if they let this effort go for naught. Philly's heads are spinning around.

1-0 Hawks

Seabrook PP wrister from the near circle. Shot was slightly deflected by Pronger. THAT'S why you need to stop trying to pick friggen corners and missing the net by 10 feet.

2-0 Hawks

Bolland bank shot off of Leighton on a delayed penalty.

Its amazing what happens when you start actually SKATING against the Flyers. They start running around and their hacks and holds draw the attention of the stripes.