I blame the MASK

El Diablo

I actually blame his goalie mask. IF he went back to the original, perhaps the bad OMEN would disappear.

Just think of it, finally MB gets an "individualist goalie mask," and the team does what, starts playing like individuals!

Bring back the old mask Marty! Change the luck a little bit!

I think you're kind of right.

Not that it's selfish or anything -- it's just, this particular adjustment period in Marty's life needed to be within certain boundaries and ... well, changing the mask gave the transition far too much significance. It made sense to WANT to change things up -- but it did, it became too personal then - too many outside influences allowed into the inner sanctum of team.

So, in fact, it's not superstitious -- but the superstition is grounded in the reality of Marty's mindset being way too far reaching. He did too much, too fast, and gave it all far too much import in his game.

It was too obvious too. Instead of announcing he's come into his own or something... it announced he was now officially on the decline... I wish I could smack him some. It's like he did all the leg work to embrace something he didn't really embrace -- because he wasn't there yet -- then the injury just shocked him into thinking he was and he over thought over prepared and let too much into his head. Oh well... I think that's done now. He's playing pretty well still i think. :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Did I also mention -- some team I forget who -- made it very obvious NOT to let Marty see his face as he came up on net. I was pleased to see that because there was still fear and that in and of itself is a tell....

but :noclue: word has gotten out and it's harder to read some of this stuff now... it's got nothing to do with age or declining skill.

Hey -- that's what I said in chat last night!

Yes I have thought all along: Stealing the whole Kovalchuk army stolen line.. just a rehash of a rehash - it can be nothing but bad Karma :P Especially when in the end the Red Army were losers. This whole marketing scheme never made any sense to me. Loser mentality - failure to really think things through. What message are you sending really? With Devils Army? Seriously -- think about it - did anyone think about it ODL? Should I have said something when Kovaluchuk army first came into being .. woudl you have EVEN listened even though I'm right?

Can someone get Stevens back on this board? adn dude this time you have to talk to me for real.... Dude is so lucky he doesn't even have to care any more...

:unsure: wait a sec, I dont either do I... :mellow:

I actually blame his goalie mask. IF he went back to the original, perhaps the bad OMEN would disappear.

Just think of it, finally MB gets an "individualist goalie mask," and the team does what, starts playing like individuals!

Bring back the old mask Marty! Change the luck a little bit!

+1

I blame it on rookie D, not their fault they are just not ready at this point. Oh and Tallinothinger, he has made some horrid plays on the ice consistently I would take any of the rookies over him. Well over all the D just sucks.

Doesn't help that at the forwards are held in the defensive zone till they can break out also.

Zubs is playing harder than anyone right now it seem.

Parise seems frustrated at times and it shows, though he is trying.

Clarkson looks like he is back (finally)

Pelley has been showing heart, even with the broken nose

Marty has been doing his job and doing it well the past few games. He is not a wall however.

We basically have a preseason B team, playing regular season games. The results are as expected, and that isn't too good.

I WISH I could pay Rolston off to NOT show up, and still get his $$$. Wonder if that would be cap circumvention if a FAN paid him off? The sad thing is I think he would actually play better than MOST of the team right now. Needless to say his cap hit is not the biggest (Patty)... I would be pissed if Patty was gone, but oh well might be the best move? Save the most cap space, and well... :noclue:

Edited by Dead

Elias isnt going anywhere. I think if he was told thats it your gone hed go over to the C.R.

Everyone I feel is playing well. THe first period was a really good period for the devils considering what has been going on. They just need to work together.

I love how people want to find some supernatural reason why we haven't won a Cup in seven years, as if it's our birthright to win at least one every five years. Not to mention we just haven't had teams good enough to win since then anyway.

Besides, if there was any supernatural nonsense in hockey a team named the Devils would never have won a Stanley Cup to begin with.

I love how people want to find some supernatural reason why we haven't won a Cup in seven years, as if it's our birthright to win at least one every five years. Not to mention we just haven't had teams good enough to win since then anyway.

Besides, if there was any supernatural nonsense in hockey a team named the Devils would never have won a Stanley Cup to begin with.

Im not sure anyone said that it was the reason we havent won a cup .. facts are we've had some crappy events since he's wore that mask including his injury .. cant deny that its an amusing coincidence ..

No one but you has mentioned our 'birthright' ..

We all know correlation = causation. Duh!

"We are all victims of causality. I drank too much wine, I must take a piss." ..

Im not sure anyone said that it was the reason we havent won a cup .. facts are we've had some crappy events since he's wore that mask including his injury .. cant deny that its an amusing coincidence ..

No one but you has mentioned our 'birthright' ..

lol, he has one semi-major injury in 18 years (and he didn't miss one playoff game because of it) and that's evidence larger forces are at work. It's not amusing considering you and CRASHER continually bring it up as if MB30's helmet somehow changed the whole dynamic of the team. His helmet didn't cause our pre-lockout defense to walk out the door or our core offensive players to get old and disinterested. We had three straight disasterous playoff losses, okay...we had three straight disasterous playoff losses from '97-99 too when he had the old helmet.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's bad luck tho, that's what it is. He's won three cups with that mask, he hasn't won anything with the new one. Seems like easy peasy fix to me. Like his little business venture would sell less coffee mugs if it didn't match anymore.

I agree about the room though, theres some guys in that room who have become flat-out lazy. The man coverage has become , mmm let me see, nonexistent.

Edited by ringtwins

lol, he has one semi-major injury in 18 years (and he didn't miss one playoff game because of it) and that's evidence larger forces are at work. It's not amusing considering you and CRASHER continually bring it up as if MB30's helmet somehow changed the whole dynamic of the team. His helmet didn't cause our pre-lockout defense to walk out the door or our core offensive players to get old and disinterested. We had three straight disasterous playoff losses, okay...we had three straight disasterous playoff losses from '97-99 too when he had the old helmet.

I can only talk to what I believe has ..dont know about crasher.. but I believe that mask is bad juju on many levels...wether you approve or not. rolleyes.gif