14 Stephen Gionta NJD R Oct 09 '83

6 Andy Greene NJD D Oct 30 '82

15 Jamie Langenbrunner R Jul 24 '75

9 Zach Parise NJD L Jul 28 '84

12 Brian Rolston NJD L Feb 21 '73

14 Tim Sestito NJD C Aug 28 '84

20 Matt Taormina NJD D Oct 20 '86

30 Marty G

For Instance - 15 Jamie Langenbrunner R Jul 24 '75 to Colorado for a 2nd and third 3rd draft pick

Marty to TB for a 1st rd pick

Clarkson to Toronto for Komisarek

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnott, Langenbrunner, Greene, Brodeur should all be dealt.

I also think Clarkson should be moved as well. I'm getting tired of his act and his limitations.

Arnott, Langs, Brodeur because of age and cost, and Green because he will get paid more than he's worth in the open market. Clarkson because a GM like Burke will overvalue him and hence, overpay.

If you can get back enough picks, I'd look to pawn one or two of them off to try and pick up a young up and coming goalie off another team's roster, or in their minor league system. Let guys like Eckford, Fayne, Josefson, Henrique, Tedenby get another yr of experience.

I doubt Lou will do what's needed, as it appears he's turned into Rip Van Winkle.

We gotta keep Jason Arnott, DevilFan. Now we can't even trade Kovy for Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd. Damn! Total reversal of fortune.

I'd say offer Toronto a sweet deal. Maybe Clarkson/Langs for Grabovski/3rd rounder. If we don't go for a center for Kovalchuk this season then drive hard to get Semin or Peverley in the offseason

We gotta keep Jason Arnott, DevilFan. Now we can't even trade Kovy for Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd. Damn! Total reversal of fortune.

I'd say offer Toronto a sweet deal. Maybe Clarkson/Langs for Grabovski/3rd rounder. If we don't go for a center for Kovalchuk this season then drive hard to get Semin or Peverley in the offseason

I think Langs/Clarky for Kulemin and a 2-3 rounder would be better. I was wondering the same thing also, I take it Kovy has a NTC? It makes me wonder if Atlanta would welcome him back especially because of what his price tag is now, considering it was alot less than what the Thrashers were willing to give up. I would literally blow in my pants if we were able to land DBuff and Ladd

I think Langs/Clarky for Kulemin and a 2-3 rounder would be better. I was wondering the same thing also, I take it Kovy has a NTC? It makes me wonder if Atlanta would welcome him back especially because of what his price tag is now, considering it was alot less than what the Thrashers were willing to give up. I would literally blow in my pants if we were able to land DBuff and Ladd

Please leave the board and never come back. "It makes me wonder if Atlanta would welcome him back"...This is comical, please go buy a Byfuglien jersey and root for the Thrashers

here's a trade proposal

Langs and Rolston, to garbage dump, for "just leave them there".

seeing the return for Marco Sturm, they're probably going to have to sit on this and wait for awhile. praying that Moose has a few more good weeks in him, because Marty, yeah, I don't think this is going to end well.

probably end up with Zach coming back before he does

Please leave the board and never come back. "It makes me wonder if Atlanta would welcome him back"...This is comical, please go buy a Byfuglien jersey and root for the Thrashers

No, and No. I'm just saying. I am not saying I want it to happen, but you look at how much better that team is with those guys, than our team with Kovy.. I've always liked Kovy, just, come on, 10 points? Thats it?

here's a trade proposal

Langs and Rolston, to garbage dump, for "just leave them there".

seeing the return for Marco Sturm, they're probably going to have to sit on this and wait for awhile. praying that Moose has a few more good weeks in him, because Marty, yeah, I don't think this is going to end well.

sounds silly from a devil fan but Boston needs to make a trade due to cap issues and Sturm is always injured...that being said trades in the nhl now a days are so hard to pull off...also looking through the draft history of the last couple years...other then a couple players Lucic, Ryan O'Reilly, and one or two ok players no one has come out of the 2nd rd of the draft that would make a difference anyway

:noclue:

No, and No. I'm just saying. I am not saying I want it to happen, but you look at how much better that team is with those guys, than our team with Kovy.. I've always liked Kovy, just, come on, 10 points? Thats it?

The whole team is headed for career worst seasons. It is not just Kovy...."when it rains it pours" Right now it is a monsoon in Newark

What a terrible thread. Like the poster said earlier, this only shows up with the Devils lose. It's fun playing pretend GM, but most people are playing on their dreams and rarely do these make-believe trades work in real life. Please do something more constructive when the Devils lose.

Anyone saying trade Marty is a disgrace to this team and should seriously get the fvck out and go root for the Rangers. Marty has sacrificed much to stay a Devil and he's arguable the greatest goalie to ever play the game. None of our 3 cups would have happened without him and to see people disrespect him by saying we should trade him, especially for the scrubs people are saying we could get back for him, is insanity and a disgusting display on disrespect. I don't care if this team is in the basement for 5 years because of it, Marty needs to retire a Devil, he's put way too much into this organization and he deserves to have that.

So honestly, if anyone here really thinks we should trade away the greatest goalie of all time...you're an idiot and go fvck yourself.

My God, why does everyone think they need to create a new thread about the same sh!t every time the devils lose. It's made me avoid checking this damn site, which is a shame because some of the discussions on here are pretty great.

Anyway,

-Kovy for LADD and Buff? Are you kidding me? Because it's all kovy's fault right?

-Trade brodeur, oh yeah, that's a great way to show the team is loyal to its players. Trade the franchise player. Go root for the team across the river already.

I'm all for shipping off some of the older players for picks / cap freedom, but please, be realistic here. If you wanna go all crazy, go buy NHL 11 and trade for ovechkin.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Nothing wrong with the thread in my opinion... If the team still sucks going into the deadline who would you move? I've seen worse threads :noclue:

Rebuild to me means keeping like 2 players... I think we have enough guys coming through the system that we can lose a lot of veterans and still be better next year.

I love Arnott but he lots of value if he keeps scoring. I would trade Langs. If you can get something good for Greene do it... but I don't think he has much deadline value.

Getting rid of Zubrus would be a big plus for me at this point... He has no finish and we could use the cap space.

Getting rid of Rolston is almost a must for next year. With one year left on his contract after this I might buy him out if all else fails.

I think White, Brodeur and Elias are all worth keeping. The rest of the veterans I don't really care.

Obviously Parise, Zajac and anyone younger keep.

Kovy... I hope he gets better cuz nobody's going to take him.

There isn't alot of talent in next years free agent market but here is a link of all free agents.http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/2011-nhl-free-agents/

I unfortunatly think this season is will not get turned around in time for the playoffs but thats OK. Philly, Chicago, and Pittsburgh all sucked before becoming contenders.I would say everyone is fair game for trades (excluding Marty,Parise,Volchenkov,Kovalchuck, and the kids). Trade for picks and try and take on no salary. I would rather stock pile picks and pick up role players in FA.

No order, just people We will definatly see and some I would like to see via FA

For center:David Backes,Chad Lerose, yay-yo,Zenon Konopka (a beast at face-offs and he can be your enforcer)

Left wing is full:Parise, Kovy, Teddy, Elias.

Right Wing:Zubrus if we can't trade for anything,Radim Vbrata,Scottie Upshall, Kids

Defense:Volchenkov, Greene, Tallinder, Wisniewski,Hall Gill,Bachuck, Kids, Andrew Alberts, TAO

Insert Marc Andre Bergeron to replace Rolstons shot on the PP, can play forward or D

Goalie:Craig Anderson to split time with Marty, whoever we have in the system as our "future" Mckenna, Frazee, whoever

There isn't alot of talent in next years free agent market but here is a link of all free agents.http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/2011-nhl-free-agents/

I unfortunatly think this season is will not get turned around in time for the playoffs but thats OK. Philly, Chicago, and Pittsburgh all sucked before becoming contenders.I would say everyone is fair game for trades (excluding Marty,Parise,Volchenkov,Kovalchuck, and the kids). Trade for picks and try and take on no salary. I would rather stock pile picks and pick up role players in FA.

No order, just people We will definatly see and some I would like to see via FA

For center:David Backes,Chad Lerose, yay-yo,Zenon Konopka (a beast at face-offs and he can be your enforcer)

Left wing is full:Parise, Kovy, Teddy, Elias.

Right Wing:Zubrus if we can't trade for anything,Radim Vbrata,Scottie Upshall, Kids

Defense:Volchenkov, Greene, Tallinder, Wisniewski,Hall Gill,Bachuck, Kids, Andrew Alberts, TAO

Insert Marc Andre Bergeron to replace Rolstons shot on the PP, can play forward or D

Goalie:Craig Anderson to split time with Marty, whoever we have in the system as our "future" Mckenna, Frazee, whoever

No offense, but some of these guys seem like long-shots to pick up...I can't see Backes or Anderson in a Devils uniform, I just can't see it(even though having Backes would be AWESOME). I don't even want to see Upshall or Bergeron in a Devils uni. I want to see a large majority of our new players be the young kids in Albany.. Don't bring in too many MORE new people because it obviously affected the teams game. Next season, look for possibly a VERY solid Goalie in the Free Agency, but mostly get out of cap trouble.. Getting rid of Tallinder somehow would be my first priority.