Islanders vs. Penguins

Devilsfan118

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Talbot got a suspension for his hit on Comeau that caused the whole payback thing. Comeau got a concussion. If Talbot didn't get disciplined for a concussion causing head hit and Volchenkov did then that's totally fvcked!

Have you seen the hit? He didn't even make contact with the head on the hit and it didn't really look dirty at all to me, unless I missed something.

I think it was the elbow by Talbot to Comeau that started all this, not the fact that DP got his face caved in.

Not for nothing, I'm glad the Isles stood up for themselves. The Pens had this coming to them after laughing at them and calling them the laughingstocks of the NHL.

My god, the Pens announcers are just as (censored) as Crosby. Calling them the league's embarassment and Gillies an animal. I wonder what they said about the hit on Comeau when it happened. The Pens fans are crying about this too. I love it.

Mike

I think it was the elbow by Talbot to Comeau that started all this, not the fact that DP got his face caved in.

Where's the elbow?

Not for nothing, I'm glad the Isles stood up for themselves. The Pens had this coming to them after laughing at them and calling them the laughingstocks of the NHL.

A few of the players laughed and celebrated when their goalie, who had never fought before, won a fight cleanly. That is not unreasonable or uncommon (think of Kevin Weekes on the bench laughing and going crazy whenever our guys won a fight). Nobody knew at the time that Dipietro was hurt, including Dipietro himself. And the Pens didn't say anything like that publicly, it was their commentators that did. The team shouldn't be held responsible for something their idiot commentator said. Though I agree that those guys should be fired for the unprofessional things they say and their absurdly biased calling of every game.

Is that the play where Comeau got the concussion cause that's what I was refering to.

Mike

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552570

I was pretty dead-on with the suspension predictions.

Goddard - 10 games (automatic)

Gillies - 9 games

Martin - 4 games

Islanders - $100,000 fine

Question to those in the know...

Gillies will lose $24,193.53 in salary; Martin will forfeit $41,585.36 as a repeat offender; and Godard will lose $40,322.25.

What happens to that money? Is that something the teams have to pay the league on top of the fine, or do they just get to stick that back in their pockets?

Embarrassingly low number of games suspended on both sides. Campbell again shows how much of a tool he is.

The islanders get fined $100,000 for "not controlling their bench" but a Penguin player LEAVES THE BENCH for a fight and NO FINE?? Really NHL??? That's all you really need to know......

The islanders get fined $100,000 for "not controlling their bench" but a Penguin player LEAVES THE BENCH for a fight and NO FINE?? Really NHL??? That's all you really need to know......

This.

I am beginning to hate the Penguins even more than I already did. Being in NE Ohio, I have to hear their fans whine and complain pretty much every day.

Edited by mmajeski06

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/13/mario-lemieux-doesnt-pull-punches-with-statement-regarding-isles-pens-situation

And Mario finally checks in. Of course it took Larry Brooks about 0.3 seconds to remind Mario that he employs Matt Cooke in rebuttal on Twitter.

Lmfao @ Fario. The guy who never met a hit he didn't try to avoid. The biggest pansy going should just shut his fat trap.

I guess it all depends how old you are, LOL. ... As someone said, there seemed to be a lot more of these types of incidences back in the mid- to late 70s and early 80s. Bench-clearing brawls and whatnot. :fight::yay::boogie:

Of course, not everyone was a fan of that type of stuff ... but it happened, eh? :noclue:

I think I'm as old as you are, maybe a wee bit older even ;-) Old enough anyway to have gone to my first NHL game in the 60's (Rangers/Habs). But you're right - if you started watching hockey when Philadelphia's Broad Street Bullies were all the rage then this is 'old time hockey'. I wasn't a fan of that style of play then, and I'm not a fan now. I know I'm in the minority in that regard, but there you have it.

But I will say if this was the Devils and Pens and this nonsense broke out, they'd be taking away cap space from us.

Edited by jim777

The Penguins lead the NHL in fights, PIMs, majors, and have Matt Cooke on their team, and Mario's crying about this type of play? Of course he was 6'4" 225 and fell every time someone tapped his shin pad. When Cooke himself got nothing for ruining Savard's career with a blatantly dirty hit... of course Mario kept his mouth shut then.

At least now we know where Crosby got his crybabyitis.

I think I'm as old as you are, maybe a wee bit older even ;-) Old enough anyway to have gone to my first NHL game in the 60's (Rangers/Habs). But you're right - if you started watching hockey when Philadelphia's Broad Street Bullies were all the rage then this is 'old time hockey'. I wasn't a fan of that style of play then, and I'm not a fan now. I know I'm in the minority in that regard, but there you have it.

But I will say if this was the Devils and Pens and this nonsense broke out, they'd be taking away cap space from us.

Why do we have to be involved??? They will make up something on their own.

Mario's comments were well to put it cleanly a joke, Take your toys and go home!