Strong Sourced Rumor

HellOnICE

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wanted this kind of rumor I'd read the New York Post.

Next I suppose J.R. really didn't break his jaw and suffer a concussion, he wants Hitchcock out.

Same with Naslund.

I'll believe when I see it, I'm not seeing it at all.

I'll rate this rumor 3 pukes. :puke::puke::puke:

If I wanted this kind of rumor I'd read the New York Post.

I have a strong feeling you will be reading something very similar in tomorrows Post :D

More importantly though, what is with this team, if it is true. How many coaches now have lost this team. First it was Lemaire, then Ftorek (probably justified), then Robinson lost the team, and now Burns!!??!! I have said it before, if this continues to happen then the problem is in the locker room, and the first person you have to point the finger at is your Captain. Now I like Stevens, I really do, but his job is to squelch these sorts of things not contribute to them, forget leading them. I don't know, I hope it's not true. Actually I hope the part about Stevens ready to return is true, just not the rest :)

Chris

I'M NOT PERSONALLY DOUBTING HOI, OR HIS SOURCE, BUT THIS RUMOR JUST MAKES NO SENSE (sorry for the caps)

Stevens couldn't be kept off the ice unless death would result. And that is teh case here.

The Devils could hire Mike Keenan (no rumor starting here) and Stevens would play if he could..... he might "accidently" check him in practice, but that's another story.

Stevens is a warrior and mostly a professional and he would not sit out for ANY reason other than injury.

I'm sorry, this is bs.

I'd be vers surprised if the Stevens' rumor is true. But as far as cooking the coach: I've seen it before and I know I'll see it again with this bunch. BTW, when Ftorek was coach(before the last 8 games), they were burning the nets up that year, if you remember. Lou fired him because he freaked during the slump, if you'll remember.

They've been playing like coach killers this year anyway.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. I can't imagine Scotty pulling a stunt like this. This would definitely put a blackmark on his fantastic career. Scotty is too much of a competitor to play this game. He loves the organization, his teammates, and Lou. He would not quit on the team that he has won 3 Cups and a Connsmythe trophy with to lie about his health and let the team down just to pull a powerplay to get Burns fired.

Conspiracy theroies abound; this sounds like a bad episode of the X-Files, ehre's the smoknig man when we need him.

And if Burns does get the boot...please for the love of all that is right...NOT ROBBIE AGAIN!

I have a huge problem beleiving this...

There is no doubt the Burns can piss people off, and my guess is that he said something that got back to stevens, but I have trouble beleiveing the the capt is healthy and not coming back.

remember this is a concussion that happened last June, and went undiscovered until now, its possibile he magnified the concussion 20x since it happened, which could make is a very very serious situation.

If this is true, I will lose a ton of respect for Stevens, getting Burns fired now can only hurt this team....

No way Lou is bring back Ftorek to coach this team tremeber what a disaster that was last time....

Larry all the way!!! if it has to happen...

While not casting despersions on any rumor I doubt that Stevens is holding back in order to get Burns fired. Stevens knows that with next season in doubt because of the CBA that this could be his last season. I cannot believe that he would do anything that might endanger having a chance at another cup in order to have a coach fired in what could be his last season.

But I also believed that the Mets would get A-Rod four years ago, that Robbie Alomar was a great signing, that the Devils would resign Claude and Almo and that the Celtics would win a bucket load of titles with Len Bias.

No affront to you, HOI, but this is bullsh!t.

#1 Burns brought us a cup last year. And we're talking about firing him already? Ridiculous. Burns deserves more than that from US, DEVILS FANS.

#2 Stevens whining like Teemu Selanne? No. Sorry. I heard a rumor like this coming out of Atlanta (football) this year saying that Vick was fine 2 weeks after his injury but wouldn't come back until management dispatched Dan Reeves. First, Dan Reeves is a piece of sh!t, so I understand that. But, that aside, I would expect something like this from some 24 year old whiny primadonna, NOT from the greatest warrior and work ethic ever to step on a sheet of ice.

This is bullsh!t and shame on all of you for jumping on the bandwagon and championing Burns' dismissal. I loved Larry Robinson, too, but Burns has earned my respect for at LEAST two more years after this one.

Okay, even if he isn't completely healthy, I'm still offended by the suggestion that he would leverage his position with the Devils against a Coach. That's a bitchy, primadonna move. Frankly, if I'm Lou, I say "okay, then retire." I don't want a player, Scott Stevens or otherwise, on my team if he's only going to put his heart in it if he's happy with the situation.

Which is why I'm saying this is bullsh!t. This is something Jason Arnott would have pulled. In fact, I can see 80% of our team pulling this stunt before SS would. NO WAY.

Guys this is true, I expect Burns to be fired after the next loss.

Yes folks, Jason has been working the phones, double checked all his sources, and even called up some of those many prospects he knows so well...

...as for the rumor, let me put it this way:

There's this regional high school sports board I check because a lot of the athletes I cover post there. Usually, it's all B.S.--a bunch of JV kids pissing in their opponents' cereal. But there was a rumor on there about a coach stepping down yesterday. I've checked them out before, and usually got laughed off. But this time, it was 100% on the money, and I got the scoop on it.

So while the internet (thanks to posters like the aforementioned JMI) is full of garbage rumors and slandor, once in a while things break in a way no one expected.

And Stevens has been out quite a while for someone without a significant concussion history like BabyFoodBrains on the Rag$...

<JESTER>

Yes folks, Jason has been working the phones, double checked all his sources, and even called up some of those many prospects he knows so well...

There's this regional high school sports board I check because a lot of the athletes I cover post there. Usually, it's all B.S.--a bunch of JV kids pissing in their opponents' cereal. But there was a rumor on there about a coach stepping down yesterday. I've checked them out before, and usually got laughed off. But this time, it was 100% on the money, and I got the scoop on it.

So while the internet (thanks to posters like the aforementioned JMI) is full of garbage rumors and slandor, once in a while things break in a way no one expected.

And Stevens has been out quite a while for someone without a significant concussion history like BabyFoodBrains on the Rag$...

<JESTER>

I didn't make up the rumor.... You Don't have the brain power to toast a crouton

<JESTER>

I didn't make up the rumor.... You Don't have the brain power to toast a crouton

Well Jason it is pretty funny that one person states it as a rumor and now you say its a fact. Care to let us all in on who your source is for the fact? Or is this one of those opinions of yours that becomes fact? :lol:

-Scott

Woah. Woah. Woah.

#1 - Jason missed an "if" in his first post, leading to it being misread by Jester (and later by 731).

#2 - "you don't have the brainpower to toast a crouton" is a personal attack, and in my opinion has no place on this message board.

With insults like that, I can see why Jason would have problems with admins/mods.

Edited by Don Whiting

Woah. Woah. Woah.

#1 - Jason missed an "if" in his first post, leading to it being misread by Jester (and later by 731).

#2 - "you don't have the brainpower to toast a crouton" is a personal attack, and in my opinion has no place on this message board.

With insults like that, I can see why Jason would have problems with admins/mods.

I did forget the if

Jester likes making a joke out of a spelling error so I will make a joke out of his intelligence. If you can dish it then you have to take it. This is what I am talking about, I can be insulted indirectly day and night and I am suppost to take it.

I believe Stevens was said to have 5 concussions that he has played through in his career when he initially got his head examined.

How do they figure out stuff like that? Is is something like rings on a tree? Considering that diagnosing concussions is an inexact science at best, I don't quite understand how they can determine that a player has had X number of past undiagnosed concussions.

I believe Stevens was said to have 5 concussions that he has played through in his career when he initially got his head examined.

How do they figure out stuff like that? Is is something like rings on a tree? Considering that diagnosing concussions is an inexact science at best, I don't quite understand how they can determine that a player has had X number of past undiagnosed concussions.

You have a concussion every time you get knocked out so I figuere he was knocked out 5 times in his life.

You have a concussion every time you get knocked out so I figuere he was knocked out 5 times in his life.

I dont think that specific case is always true. I guess they just asked Stevens when else he had felt those symptoms and he told them 5 other times. Either that, or the doctors could judge it by something like looking at the amount of bruises on the brain (is that even possible?).