Rolston

devilsadvoc8

How much is this guy expecting? I'd take him back before Arnott. great defensive player and can give you 25 goals. Sorry for the senior moment but I forgot if he left under good terms or not.

Yes Rolston would be a great Devil and he left because we traded him for Claude so I think everyone was on good terms. The reason Rolston won't be a Devils is $$$. Unless the team doesn't sign Madden I can't see Rolston being signed.

-Scott

rolston would not solve anything for this team. right now, the devils need another defenseman, another big body up front, and, of course, as always, another top two line talent forward. only thing rolston would provide is more souvenir pucks to the fans after he shoots them into the stands.

rolston would not solve anything for this team.  right now, the devils need another defenseman, another big body up front, and, of course, as always, another top two line talent forward.  only thing rolston would provide is more souvenir pucks to the fans after he shoots them into the stands.

I guess we'll disagree on this but I think Rolston is a top 6 forward on most teams. A guy who is averaging about 25 goals and 60 points with about 4 PP and 4 SH goals per season the last 4 years is a pretty talented guy in todays NHL.

-Scott

Edited by Devils731

anytime i hear his name all i can think of is "and rolston shoots wide"

So true. We actually used to chant in the upper deck, "Hit the net Rol-ston, Hit the net [clap, clap]."

<JESTER>

According to Boston fans it's now, "And Rolston hits the post!!!"

So he's getting closer... :lol:

Madden first! He is part our the core.

Rolston would be a great addition. He kills Penalties, plays D and has tons of speed. He may be the only guy that can keep up with Freeze.

Edited by westcoastdevfan

anytime i hear his name all i can think of is "and rolston shoots wide"

So true. We actually used to chant in the upper deck, "Hit the net Rol-ston, Hit the net [clap, clap]."

<JESTER>

According to Boston fans it's now, "And Rolston hits the post!!!"

So he's getting closer... :lol:

I just call shooting wide Rolstoning!

if you're not signing madden, then pick up rolston, if you sign madden, there's really no need for rolston - either one of them will be a 3rd liner/special teams player with pando, that's it.

Top 6 forward? hardly, unless we're talking minn/columbus/nasheville etc. Top 9? Yes - on teams like NJD, Det, Col, Dal, Bos etc.

Don't forget, much of his success comes from playing on a line that does NOT include Thornton. It's easy for a decent player to look really good when he never plays against a top defensive pair.

Whether Rolston is a top 6 or 9 depends on your definition of one. His regular season numbers the previous couple years are top 6 - not so much this year - but his postseason numbers indicate that that's overrating him. Plus he's with other top-end talent like Samsonov, Knuble (if he's not with Thornton), etc. It does inflate your numbers when you play with good offensive players and yet aren't the #1 line.

To me he's an excellent third-liner, nothing more. We have one already. So it would be overkill to pay either Madden or Rolston $3 millon plus to center the fourth line.

Rolston finished this season 88th in scoring for the league. We already know he is superb defensively so that should only add value to his offensive output. So if we take 88th position divide it 30 teams we end up with about 2.9. I know this includes some bad teams but it seems that his offensive production puts him fairly high in the league plus he is one of the best penalty killers out there and can play point on a power play. Thats a guy that is going to get top 6 ice time for most teams.

-Scott

I would never bring back a player dealt to another team. The only time I remember lou doing it was with clod. I say no to rolston, arnie, bomber, all of them. Bringing them back makes you look like you have no conviction.

I would never bring back a player dealt to another team. The only time I remember lou doing it was with clod. I say no to rolston, arnie, bomber, all of them. Bringing them back makes you look like you have no conviction.

He used to let Sutton go and and come back ever 6 weeks or so....

Also Richer.

We have Langenbrunner and Friesen.

Former first round picks with excellent physical skills and two way ability who cannot hit the net consistently.

Why do we need Brian Rolston?

We don't.

That's why we won't be getting him.

The Devils need someone who can hit, or someone who can shoot, or both.