Twitter buzz points to Guy Carbonneau being named new Devils Head Coac

USC09

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou isn't actually going to hire a coach this time. He's just going to have Lemaire send instructions to the team via a TV monitor behind the bench.

That's hysterical, and actually not all that far fetched at this point. The future of NHL coaching!

there's a song in there somewhere, I can FEEL it ;)

It's definitely a 'Top 10 Hockey Name' from a pronunciation standpoint.

Let's hope Carbonneau doesn't go as flat as a CARBONATED beverage by week 2 of the season...

At that time the Montreal locker room was really sh!tty. The likes of Kovalev, Koivu etc were just cancers for the the locker room.

Their captain was a cancer in the locker room? I've never heard that before. Not saying it isn't true, just that Koivu still gets lots of love from the fans.

Guy Carbonneau would be a good coach for the Devils but he said today he is not going to be the coach. I still see Ken Hitchcock being named the next Devils coach by the end of the week or early next week. For some reason Hitchcock and Lou are not saying much and maybe they are just waiting for the right time. Just have a feeling it is Hitchcock because many of the players want him and have said they want him.

Their captain was a cancer in the locker room? I've never heard that before. Not saying it isn't true, just that Koivu still gets lots of love from the fans.

Carbo spoke about the problems that Koivu and Kovalev brought. Koivu was basically refusing to play with certain players and he didn't want to go below 1st line. Kovalev was just being Kovalev. The guy shows once every 10 or 15 games and when anybody spoke to him he would not take it. He also bad mouthed Carbo more than once...second guessing his decisions and he also bad mouthed the organization a lot of time in Russian papers thinking that no one would know it.

I remember one time after a loss Carbo saying something like "I did everything with them. They don't want to play, what can I do ?" He was really looking pissed off.

The team was just a mess at that time

From 00:00 to 0:20: " They will have to start playing. If they want to win they will have to stop blaming everything around them and play.

From 0:40 to the end of the video: "Our talented guys are not working. They are blaming their centers and wingers or the goalies. If you don't want to work you won't win. They will have to take a look in the mirror"

Basically Guy at that time was pointing at the lack of work the players were showing and more importantly he was pointing (without names) at how some players were blaming everybody else on the team and didn't look at themselves in the mirror. I don't think a team who is blaming each others can win anything and Carbo had the bad luck of being the coach of this team.

Edited by SS-SS

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere Former Penguins coach Michel Therrien could be the top Devils candidate with Carbonneau, Hitchcock and Craig Ramsay out of the picture.

Is hitch out of the picture? Last I heard about a couple weeks ago is that he was just not contacted yet. Did he take a job elsewhere already or is Chere making stuff up since there is nothing interesting to copy and paste from TG?

Yeah, I find it hard to believe NONE of these guys heard from Lou in 3 months. Nonetheless, I'm still hoping against hope for Peter DeBoer.

I think I'm just like you. A DeBoer believer. The guy couldn't really do well with what he had.

Haviland? Has he been taken? Really mega ultimate quick google search didn't come up with any news and way too lazy to keep looking.

Not gonna happen. Winnipeg passed on Haviland too. I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with the guy, seeing as no one wants to hire him. He's been passed over multiple times now, so that doesn't reflect well on him.