The Kool-Aid Flows

msweet

"We'll be doing some subtraction. There will not be a salary cap problem here," Lamoriello told The Post yesterday. "There will be different transactions taking place over a short period of time."

Greene and Hedberg each turned down multiple offers as unrestricteds to remain with New Jersey. Greene is believed to have earned a pay raise from $750G to $3 million per season.

The craving for redemption among the Devils is so strong that Hedberg actually took a pay cut as the 15-12-2 goalie on a playoff-missing team, dropping from $1.5 million to $1.25 million.

"I think the whole organization is looking for redemption," Hedberg said. "Money isn't everything for me. I probably could have gotten more with some other team, but I had a gut feeling, and that's what I usually go with."

Lamoriello said that it is "absolutely true" that redemption figured strongly in being able to sign both.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/devils_re_sign_greene_hedberg_will_GjMaq2LJrsbBJqerNMrToN#ixzz1QxbQ91BD

Lou is being pretty damn specific, even about timeframe. From the confidence level, it sounds like he already has some things lined up.

"Hello, Winnipeg, we've got this veteran who's got a shot from the point on the power play and it will help you get to the floor. Interested?"

I'm actually happier to hear that "redemption" is the theme with these signings rather than "loyalty". I mean, they're all probably meaningless sound bytes for the press, but still. Hearing "redemption" come from these guys has me more confident that this team is anxious to storm out of the gate and prove last year was a fluke. Great teams tend to be borne from disappointment. Who knows if 1995 ever happens without Matteau. Maybe last year can be a springboard to something excellent.

the only team rolston would allow the devils to trade him to is the islanders , so he could be close to his family. i have a feeling that something might be happening to clarkson, zubrus or salvador. the reason i say that is because none of them have a no trade clause so lou can do what ever he wants to do with them.

the only team rolston would allow the devils to trade him to is the islanders , so he could be close to his family. i have a feeling that something might be happening to clarkson, zubrus or salvador. the reason i say that is because none of them have a no trade clause so lou can do what ever he wants to do with them.

Except that nobody would actually take Salvador at this point. And fwiw Rolston said he wouldn't let the NTC stand in the way if the team didn't want him. If anything it'd probably be easier to accept a move in the offseason and get more time to acclimate to a new team. Especially since he's not going to be getting the top six minutes this year he said he needs.

Lamoriello agreed that Hedberg's presence might ease the arrival for prize draftee Adam Larsson.
Greene and Hedberg count for $4.25 million of that, and Larsson is likely to cost at least $2 million...

Sounds like Larsson will play for us this year. If this is the case, Lou better be pushing Rolston hard on several teams right now.

First Class organization is what we are and a first class GM is what we got. When players come to New Jersey the first thing they say is" I'm happy to be with a first class organization like the Devils"

I believe that this feeling that the players get when playing for New Jersey and knowing that their GM is Lou Lamoreilo is probably a rare feeling that can be found only in a couple of other teams (Detroit, Montreal). For guys to accept pay cuts to stay on a team that didn't make the playoffs is not like a player who takes a slight pay cut to stay with a team who played the SC final.

Say what you want about this team or Lou Lamoreillo and the way he do his things, but for me NJD is the best team you can cheer for out there and Lamoreillo is just as the club: top class and unique.

First Class organization is what we are and a first class GM is what we got. When players come to New Jersey the first thing they say is" I'm happy to be with a first class organization like the Devils"

I believe that this feeling that the players get when playing for New Jersey and knowing that their GM is Lou Lamoreilo is probably a rare feeling that can be found only in a couple of other teams (Detroit, Montreal). For guys to accept pay cuts to stay on a team that didn't make the playoffs is not like a player who takes a slight pay cut to stay with a team who played the SC final.

Say what you want about this team or Lou Lamoreillo and the way he do his things, but for me NJD is the best team you can cheer for out there and Lamoreillo is just as the club: top class and unique.

Wow i agreed with that a 100 percent

Agreed 99% for me... Montreal is a sh!t hole and the management is one of the worst in the league. they have a great history and a large fan base... Thats it Lol

Yah im from quebec and the Habs over paid the average player... But a great city of hockey... But my heart and soul is with the devils and the HABS can go fvck themself lol