Single Game Pricing

njdevil26

Is waiting in line for 5 hours for a $10 ticket a valuable use of your time?

Even a $30-$50 ticket online is a better deal than standing in line for 5 hours?

you really did this??

It was against the rags and cheapest ticket was $120 per and none were together. I have bills and a mortgage to pay so I couldn't do that and I do not know what your situation is if you could afford 120 per seat.

So yes I figured it was worth a shot. You really think I would try this if i didn't try online through ticketmaster or stubhub or any other tickets site first?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is waiting in line for 5 hours for a $10 ticket a valuable use of your time?

Even a $30-$50 ticket online is a better deal than standing in line for 5 hours?

you really did this??

Some of the most fun I've had before Devils games is waiting on line for 5+ hours before the game. Have a lot of drinks, play cards, play soccer.

Never happened to me. Sorry you had a bad experience. I had like 1000 good ones.

I've been in the line for games against teams like Columbus and it is alright. But against a rival forget about it. Plus the way the Devils run it is silly and waiting for a big disaster to happen.

Are you one of the guys letting 20 of your friends in line with 30 minutes before the wristbands are given out?

Edited by DevsMan84

I've been in the line for games against teams like Columbus and it is alright. But against a rival forget about it. Plus the way the Devils run it is silly and waiting for a big disaster to happen.

Are you one of the guys letting 20 of your friends in line with 30 minutes before the wristbands are given out?

Nope. I've gone against Atlanta and gone against the Rangers. I've made the best of it and had a blast each time. I can sympathize and understand why you'd be jaded if you got screwed over like that.

Someone on here and the NJD facebook said there would be $10 seats again. How would that work? Can't find any info on it.

Oh and sorry, but lower ticket prices do matter. Back then the team was a Cup contender or close to it so the prices were kinda justified. Now in the last couple of years not so much.

Edited by Marv4Life

Get cut in line by loads of teenagers while the security guards could care less. See fights and arguements break out. Good times.

Funny part is when you stated the "security guard with hair plugs" in your other post, I laughed to myself because I know exactly which guard that is and I can picture him in my mind with that "EEY, fvck this. Im awesome." smirk.

He is a funny dude if you talk to him though besides having that persona. :giggle:

Anyway you should have turned your back, covered your mouth, and yelled "HEY NO CUTSIES!"

You should have seen this coming. They missed the playoffs and lost revenue. The NBA is on strike so the arena will loose more revenue. It's all about greed.

After they missed the 1996 playoffs they raised the STH price but included a letter that said they won the cup in 1995.

Edited by LucifersDog

Now just need to choose, do you go to fewer games this season but hit the big games, or do you go to more games during the week when prices are cheaper?

Because, and this is also to devils dose, the 30th anniversary tix (lame name) are not cheaper than last year, and its not a discount! Ticket prices went up what seems to be a substantial amount. You cant expect non-sth to be happy about that.

Edited by devlman

Funny part is when you stated the "security guard with hair plugs" in your other post, I laughed to myself because I know exactly which guard that is and I can picture him in my mind with that "EEY, fvck this. Im awesome." smirk.

He is a funny dude if you talk to him though besides having that persona. :giggle:

Anyway you should have turned your back, covered your mouth, and yelled "HEY NO CUTSIES!"

That guard is an idiot. He spent most of his time drinking and smoking instead of doing what he is paid to do: be a rent-a-cop.

He also likes to tell a lot of bullsh!t stories too. He claims he got the job because he is buddies with Brodeur. Not sure how much I believe that or not but if I did my job with the same amount of effort he puts into his job, I would have been fired long ago.

I know the cutting in line thing seems petty to some of you, but when you are out there for 4 or 5 friggin hours and pretty much guaranteed tickets until people start cutting in line to the point where you are pushed out, you would be pissed off beyond belief too.

Because, and this is also to devils dose, the 30th anniversary tix (lame name) are not cheaper than last year, and its not a discount! Ticket prices went up. You cant expect non-sth to be happy about that.

Maybe it depends what section you're in. The green seats are $30 box office price for those games and last year it was $37 across the board iirc, so that is a discount.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Because, and this is also to devils dose, the 30th anniversary tix (lame name) are not cheaper than last year, and its not a discount! Ticket prices went up what seems to be a substantial amount. You cant expect non-sth to be happy about that.

Wrong.. First off, the 30th Anniversary tickets are cheaper than last season.. Show me one section where the 30th Ann. is higher than what face was in that same section last season.. The real complaining here is that the more desirable games will now cost more and price people out (they will still sell out too).. I get that fans really want to go to those games, but that's exactly why they cost more.. People don't complain when an airline charges more for more desirable flights (like during holidays), so why should another business, aka the Devils, not also take advantage of higher demand.. And charging more for those games is what is allowing the team to have lower prices for the 30th Ann. games.. It comes down to choosing what you want to see versus what you can afford

Here is something a guy on TG's blog put together.. It's a weighted average (factoring all 3 pricing levels) of ticket prices this season compared to face value last season.. Look at how little it actually went up, and in some cases tickets went way down

As far as I can tell, here is how the changes in ticket prices look. For the new prices I used the weighted average, or, the average if a box office ticket was purchased for all 41 games (10 premier, 21 classic, 10 special).

The Black Zone of old ($250) was split into Gold ($306.10), Black ($250), and Silver ($237.80).

The Red Zone of old ($120) is still Red ($122.56).

The Lime Zone of old ($120) was split into Maroon ($117.56) and Yellow ($103.78).

The Silver Zone of old ($85) is now Orange ($86.22).

The Orange Zone of old ($85) is now Rust LL ($75.00).

The Lavender Zone of old ($100) is now Rust UL ($103.66).

The Yellow Zone of old ($85) is now Light Green ($75.00).

The Light Blue Zone of old ($59) was split into Light Blue ($60.76), Royal Blue ($60.76), and Aqua ($60.76).

The Green Zone of old ($37) is still Green ($37.24).

The Brown Zone of old ($10) is still Brown ($27.24).

The Royal Blue Zone of old ($125) is now the Goal Bar ($133.66).

The Purple Zone of old ($255) is now the Acela Club ($239.63).

The net change is minimal, but things are very different now. Some zone conversions aren’t exact, but are very close.

All Premier tickets are more (or same in the case of the new Yellow) than the equivalent last year.

Most Special tickets are less (or same in the case of the new Gold) than the equivalent last year. The new Brown is the only zone that is more than the equivalent last year for Special tickets.

For Classic, the new Gold, Red, Light Blue, Royal Blue, Aqua, Brown, and Goal Bar are more than their respective equivalents last year. The new Black, Silver, Maroon, Orange, Rust UL, and Green are the same as their respective equivalents last year. And the new Yellow, Rust LL, Light Green, and Acela Club are less than their respective equivalents last year.

Edited by Colin226

Good find Colin, I wanted to do a comparison study myself but didn't have the time to look at last year's numbers. As usual this is much ado about very little.

Basically the Classic prices are last year's total and that's 21 games, the 30th anniversary is 13 games including the preseason and the Premier games are 10. So you're talking about basically a quarter of the games going up and a quarter going down. 3/4 of the games are either just as or more affordable than last year. If you have a sth connection, theoretically 3/4 of the games are more affordable period.

They didn't price anyone out of the building any more than last year unless you were only a single-game purchaser of the premier games, which sort of validates why they increased them in the first place.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Colin, what about the Brown section and the now $30 section? Wasnt the latter $25 last year?

I remember the current $37 section which is the upper deck except for the corners was also $37 last year and I think $35 the year before. The last time there were other price points was in the 08-09 season where there was a $25 and a $30 section in there as well if I remember right.

I remember the current $37 section which is the upper deck except for the corners was also $37 last year and I think $35 the year before. The last time there were other price points was in the 08-09 season where there was a $25 and a $30 section in there as well if I remember right.

Yup.. Since the upper became all green (aside from the brown section) the price has not been less than $35.. As for the brown, well, I think the team realized that they could get some people to buy those seats early and for more than $10.. The brown is the most drastic price increase this season, and there are only like 100 tickets available there per game anyway so it doesn't effect a lot of people

Yup.. Since the upper became all green (aside from the brown section) the price has not been less than $35.. As for the brown, well, I think the team realized that they could get some people to buy those seats early and for more than $10.. The brown is the most drastic price increase this season, and there are only like 100 tickets available there per game anyway so it doesn't effect a lot of people

And if they are still having $10 tickets like they claim on Facebook then all they did really is transfer them out of the extreme corners to another section.

It was against the rags and cheapest ticket was $120 per and none were together. I have bills and a mortgage to pay so I couldn't do that and I do not know what your situation is if you could afford 120 per seat.

So yes I figured it was worth a shot. You really think I would try this if i didn't try online through ticketmaster or stubhub or any other tickets site first?

this is exactly why the devils are doing tiered pricing.

hey guys, im planning on making the trip this year for a few games... i live 15 hrs away so i'd rather not make that never ending trip and then have a super sh!tty seat lol

what would you guys recommend? im willing to put serious money for a good seat... im just clueless what i should go for

hey guys, im planning on making the trip this year for a few games... i live 15 hrs away so i'd rather not make that never ending trip and then have a super sh!tty seat lol

what would you guys recommend? im willing to put serious money for a good seat... im just clueless what i should go for.

I recommend the mezzanine level towards the center, it beats the lower level seats behind the net.

Edited by GoArmySports

SterioDesign, I've sat everywhere in the rock from the premium center seats, to against the glass, behind the bench, corners, upper center, behind the goals etc. My favorite seat is the Mez Center and then my second favorite is behind the goals in the 100's. I have seasons in 122 supporters. It's a little off center and the attack zone only once but it really is a good seat. Mez center is a can't miss and a decent price compared to lowers.

My 2 cents.

Scoops