GDT: 12/10/11 Canadiens vs Devils

snartly

Na. They have made a few nice plays, but a lot of those points came from PPG and SHG too. Don't have time to go back and look at every goal. Just surprised they wouldn't entertain the idea of spreading the scoring around.

not really. Kovalchuk hasn't been good for the last three games, but there was a point where that line had had the team's last 5 ES goals.

Why do you think that would be? Perhaps becuase this players tenure as a Devil so far and the high expecatations of him have largely been met with the type of reaction that expects failure with everything he does?

Parise was the best choice, but he needs another move. I'll bet that move rests in every NHL teams video library and i'm surprised he's had as much long term success as he's had. He gets it up there, the game is tied. It's also bad ice to be trying handling the puck from forehand to backhand in that close, too. Chico was making a real good observation.

How can anyone be upset with Parise and that move. He has a ridiculous counter if a goalie is cheating that way. He does the usual fake-shot and move to the backhand, and in one ridiculous motion, he pulls it back to the forehand and makes the goalie look stupid.

Now some goalies wait for him to go forehand, and he'll just get it up so quickly on his backhand that a goalie has absolutely no chance.

Then when a goalie knows he is going to do some deke, he'll make them look stupid by picking a spot, like he did with Auld the other night.

The main thing with his backhand is that even when a goalie knows it is coming, they have to respect the quick forehand move, and even if they guess right on the backhand, it is damn tough to stop when he gets it in the right spot.

How can anyone be upset with Parise and that move. He has a ridiculous counter if a goalie is cheating that way. He does the usual fake-shot and move to the backhand, and in one ridiculous motion, he pulls it back to the forehand and makes the goalie look stupid.

Now some goalies wait for him to go forehand, and he'll just get it up so quickly on his backhand that a goalie has absolutely no chance.

Then when a goalie knows he is going to do some deke, he'll make them look stupid by picking a spot, like he did with Auld the other night.

The main thing with his backhand is that even when a goalie knows it is coming, they have to respect the quick forehand move, and even if they guess right on the backhand, it is damn tough to stop when he gets it in the right spot.

If he's going to the well with that move every single time, he's going to live and die by it. He's lived more then he's died with success, but do you really want to live and die by one move on every goaltender?

Chico was onto something when he mentioned the bad ice. That's not really prime ice conditions to try that compared to the SO.

I missed most of the telecast.

What's this (codes) about?

There were 3 codes one in pre game one during and one post game. You enter them through MSG.com/devils and your entered to win 2 tickets to neids night, an auto'd puck and jersey by a random devils player.

Yeah Parise's post-game interview was pretty somber. You could tell he was pissed or whatever, but he said he was trying five-hole. Could be bullsh!t to keep other goaltenders on their toes, but who knows :lol:

But anywho, I think you missed the point of my previous post. Either that, or you want to start another Kovy debate, which I want no part of.

You can't blame Zach for that, I mean, it shouldn't have come down to a damn penalty shot against the fvcking Habs.

on to the next one

Not to continue on the penalty shot because the game was way more than that, but here is a quote from Price.

DavidAmber David Amber

#Habs Price on Parise penalty shot save "As soon as he went pump fake I knew he was going back hand...just tried to close off space"

And that is why the fake to the forehand makes goalies look stupid. Maybe he felt that the ice was too crappy to do so many moves.

But anywho, I think you missed the point of my previous post. Either that, or you want to start another Kovy debate, which I want no part of.

With one player it's expected being his tenure here so far. That's Kovalchuk. If Parise screws up, it's not going to cause as much backlash towards him. That's just the truth.

However, you threw in a comment that really begged for Kovalchuk drama though. You had to know that really wasn't the ideal comment to make.

Edited by SJP20

Are we being ironic here? The 3 people on the Kovalchuk line had a long point scoring streak that was broken today.

I'm not saying Parise with Kovalchuk is ideal, but they can work together.

They almost ran into each other twice in the first three minutes, I've missed the last two games so I really have no idea how they've been clicking at even strength when they constantly shadow each other.

And on another note, just over 14,000 for a weekend Habs game tells you they went overboard with the tiered pricing.

The concept itself isn't the problem but the actual prices are. But good for them drawing that low. Who knows, it might actually wake up this clueless franchise.

Edited by Marv4Life

The concept itself isn't the problem but the actual prices are. But good for them drawing that low. Who knows, it might actually wake up this clueless franchise.

When I can get a ticket for $19 including fees on stubhub a couple days out from the game, they really should take a long hard look at the pricing scheme.

Yeah, pricing through the roof for Opening Night and Rangers games is fine (the way the Mets do it), anything else is pushing it. After this, I'm not even sure we sell out the Pens and Flyers games now. Usually we'd have 5,000 more fans for this game than Ottawa on Thursday. This year, the difference was 500 or so lol.