Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

Thing is that Washington isn't scoring nearly as much as they used to, and it's costing them games. Trading Semin now just doesn't make sense, because they're very unlikely to get something back that would help them in that department in the immediate term. Knuble sucks so whatever, but I just don't see these other trades going down unless they're ready to pack it in.

I think there's more to it than that though...clearly they want to change the culture in the room. Firing the coach really hasn't helped, so the next step is trying to get rid of players. Well players that aren't named Ovechkin :giggle:

As far as the Rangers getting Nash, I must be in the minority that it would be good for them. I mean, for their great record they only have one guy you can count on for scoring game in and game out, and Gaborik can be streaky. Yeah we make fun of the star thing and god knows they're probably already up against the cap but they do have a habit of making their cap problems dissapear without any of the issues we had early last season :P

I like Nash. He's a big, physical player who can score a ton of goals. If the Rangers could get him for Dubinsky (having a terrible year), Kreider (still in college), and a 1st (likely to be bottom 1/3 of first round), then it is steal for them and I hope the trade doesn't happen. If they have to throw in McDonaugh and/or Stepan, then I hope they do it because it will severely hurt their future.

Does anyone remember a few years back when all the Rags fans were proclaiming Dubinsky was a better player than Parise? Funny how you don't hear any of that now.

Do people not realize that Rick Nash is probably the most overrated and overpaid guy in the NHL? For Gods sake, hes only gotten over 70 pts once in his career

He's also surrounded by junk in Columbus. Name the best offensive player he's ever played with, and Carter for like ten games doesn't count.

Don't worry Guys. We've got a deal with Boulton/Janssen for Rick nash.

I wouldn't do this deal even if the Devils weren't on the verge of bankruptcy.

I like Nash. He's a big, physical player who can score a ton of goals. If the Rangers could get him for Dubinsky (having a terrible year), Kreider (still in college), and a 1st (likely to be bottom 1/3 of first round), then it is steal for them and I hope the trade doesn't happen. If they have to throw in McDonaugh and/or Stepan, then I hope they do it because it will severely hurt their future.

Does anyone remember a few years back when all the Rags fans were proclaiming Dubinsky was a better player than Parise? Funny how you don't hear any of that now.

Dubinsky is a solid player, and Krieder is the Rangers' best prospect - the Rangers have a lot of good young players in the NHL, but they don't have many outside the NHL at the moment. To trade these two for a giant contract on an above-average player that doesn't end until 2018 would be a disaster for the Rangers, especially since I don't think anyone has a good idea what the next CBA will contain.

I do kinda remember that about Dubinsky. It was mostly the NY media hyping him up.

mmmm... considering Atlanta got Cormier, Oduya, Bergfors + 1st for 2 months of Kovalchuk... i'd assume the Rangers should give more than that for 2 months and 6 seasons of Nash....

Nash reminds me Sundin. Both players have size and skill; put up points annually. However, both of whom never gels with anybody. Instead of bringing the best from their line mates, they tend to bring the worse from them. Look at Forsberg and Elias, their line mates perform better (Gomez's assists disappear in NY and Mtl). Overall, Lou should keep Nash away from this "TEAM".

Nash reminds me Sundin. Both players have size and skill; put up points annually. However, both of whom never gels with anybody. Instead of bringing the best from their line mates, they tend to bring the worse from them. Look at Forsberg and Elias, their line mates perform better (Gomez's assists disappear in NY and Mtl). Overall, Lou should keep Nash away from this "TEAM".

Not to derail this thread, but Mats Sundin was a hell of a hockey player. To say he didn't make his teammates better is patently absurd.

mmmm... considering Atlanta got Cormier, Oduya, Bergfors + 1st for 2 months of Kovalchuk... i'd assume the Rangers should give more than that for 2 months and 6 seasons of Nash....

You'd think...but it doesn't work that way in a salary cap world. Any team can trade for a rental, not any team can add on $8 million per to the cap for like the next six seasons. Plus Nash isn't quite as good as Kovy anyway.

Not to derail this thread, but Mats Sundin was a hell of a hockey player. To say he didn't make his teammates better is patently absurd.

+1

So much bullsh!t on these forums I don't even know why I bother sometimes.. Nash could be a first line player on every single team in the league.

+1

So much bullsh!t on these forums I don't even know why I bother sometimes.. Nash could be a first line player on every single team in the league.

Okay, great. Is he a great 1st liner? No, he isn't. And he has an enormous, enormous cap hit - 5th highest in the league.

This 'teammates' stuff is just like the Gomez will score 100 points or Kovalchuk will dominate drivel. Nash hasn't had that much help on the power play but at even strength Columbus has been pretty good over the last 5 years.

he has an enormous, enormous cap hit - 5th highest in the league

It can certainly be argued that he may not be worth his cap hit..

However, if you add a solid playmaker to the CBJ PP he'd likely have a slightly higher point totals then he's had, effectively pushing his performance from "very good" to "elite".

I think your rants about how "teammates doesn't matter" are even more silly then the people going on about how much X players numbers would improve with better supporting players. Though I'm sure you'll Fenwick your way out of that statement. :P

We've touched on this subject before, but I like to bring up Joe Thornton when we do. Samsonov, Murray, Cheechoo. Nuff sed? :D