GDT: Welcome to NJ, Win...nipeg Jets (WPG @ NJ). 3/10/13 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

Would've liked a regulation win, but I am not gonna complain with how we've been playing as late. Devils definitely carried the play and had the better chances.  I think Moose deserves some praise here. He really shined in OT and the shootout and allowed us to get that extra point. We'eve won 2 out of 3, but Im not gonna be convinced this slump is over if we dont win Wednesday

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has come to my attention via FB that I was shown on TV for 2 or so seconds in the 3rd during the game. Anyone saw me? haha. plaid shirt/gray t shirt under that and my GF was dancing with a jersey on. During whenever that Hendrix song played in the 3rd before faceoff...not sure of time.

Also this game hopefully ups Moose's confeidence. CBGB is still our strongest line.

We are coming out of this slump. Should have won by more, but we couldn't capitalize on alot of opportunities. Still, they controlled the majority of this game. Moose came up big in the shootout. And I really liked volchenkov's game today. It's been while since I've said that.

We are coming out of this slump. Should have won by more, but we couldn't capitalize on alot of opportunities. Still, they controlled the majority of this game. Moose came up big in the shootout. And I really liked volchenkov's game today. It's been while since I've said that.

Agreed regarding Volchenkov.

we have to be the most unlucky team in the NHL right now when it comes to scoring goals. If we get marty and zubs back this team has playoff hoeps for sure though. They are starting to play with a big chip on their shoulder, thats the main positive I take from this lossing stretch.

Well I don't know, the Devils got the better of the chances. They hit I think two posts and had that crazy deflected shot by Salvador that I have no idea how didn't end up in the net.

and look at the 1st Jets goal. Pure luck. Even Kane's goal just barely snuck in.

And how about the bounce off the boards that went right to Zajac on our first goal?  People don't look at the breaks when they go for us.

And how about the bounce off the boards that went right to Zajac on our first goal?  People don't look at the breaks when they go for us.

That was lucky, but in all honesty there were a few robberies before then anyway. Devils created alot of amazing chances tonight, especially early. It is lucky that those didn't go in.

Fair, but we hit a ton of posts, and the one post they hit went in. Throw in a weird play by Greenie, and we had more than our fair share of bad luck.

People keep crying about luck, the Devils were lucky to win tonight.  Only Moose and a couple others really deserved the two points.

Not sure what you're talking about. Winnipeg was lucky to escape the game not 5-1. A lot of lucky saves by Pavelec and a ridiculously lucky first goal. There were 3-4 very close scoring chances around the crease per period that just didn't find their way into the net.

Another big crowd at the Rock tonight.

Very good game by the boys tonight, should have been up 4-1, 5-1 in the first, they were that dominant.

Salvador had a strong game, Zidlicky was great, and Bernier is impressive in every game.

Thought Clarkson was terrible once again, I dont know whats going on with him.

Yup, he's been solid, he's not a great skater now but when he stays ahead of the play, acts fearless and nasty, and has strong quick hands , he's an asset not a liability

bernier is fearless too, the two fatso's behind the net constantly drilled him into the boards as he attempted his cycling.

kovys legs looked tired

moose was as good as were going to get from him. which is enough if he keeps that up

hey greenie, next time pressure kane with a diving slide

Deboer still has these guys skating hard, theres no quit or disbelief

ok zubrus the vacation is over, get your butt on the ice!!!

btw, larsson bounced back nicely, way quicker mentally

Edited by EdgeControl

Thought henrique looked a little slow last night. Didn't have that extra gear. Wonder if he's a little banged up

I noticed henrique getting caught on longer shifts all night, coincidently there were a few times where he could have created an odd man rush for the devs and was too gassed to execute. Don't think he's injured. On another note with henrique, he changed the curve in his stick this year and he seems to be having trouble hitting the net. All his shots are going high and he's shooting above the net 4-5 times last night.

Unfortunately a lot of guys are going to be banged up, and we can't really rest them. 

I think we are still lacking a shutdown line. I can definitely see Deboer putting a 8-19-18 line together when Zubrus is healthy. That would seem like a great checking line.

Elias Loktionov Kovalchuk

Zubrus Zajac Bernier

Ponikarovsky Henrique Clarkson

Carter Gionta/Josefson Kostopolus

Edited by Zubie#8

I think we are still lacking a shutdown line. I can definitely see Deboer putting a 8-19-18 line together when Zubrus is healthy. That would seem like a great checking line.

Elias Loktionov Kovalchuk

Zubrus Zajac Bernier

Ponikarovsky Henrique Clarkson

Carter Gionta/Josefson Kostopolus

Why are you wasting Henrique? I think Henrique needs to be on a line with someone with some vision!

I'd rather keep Henrique and Elias together.

Kovy Loki Zubs

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Carter Zajac Poni

Matteau/Kostopoulos Gio Bernier