Oh hi playoffs

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather beat the Penguins in 5 games

I'd rather punk the Bruins to be honest...I'm so sick and tired of finding 100 different ways to lose to that frigging team, I want a piece of them when our luck finally turns.

To answer the original question, ten times out of ten I'd choose the draft pick over the 'sure' first round loss, if only cause me and my friend would save $200 in playoff tickets :P  But I'd take a chance to win in the playoffs over the top ten pick.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just to put it to perspective, last year the kings kept losing one goal games that quick stood on his head for, much like brodeur has been doing. the joke was he's going to falcon punch his team for losing all those games, then they barely made it in at 8th place and sh!t hit the fan.

I BELIEVE.

Alright show of hands - Would you rather us draft top 10 or lose in 5 to the Penguins in the first round?

You need to rephrase that to, would you rather draft at #10 or at #16-18 and have lost in the first round. It hides half the argument to say draft in the top ten or lose in 1st rd, it makes it sound like you just don't even get a pick. Is drafting 6-8 spots lower, worth a first rd of the playoffs, that's the question.

Alright show of hands - Would you rather us draft top 10 or lose in 5 to the Penguins in the first round?

Devils need another scoring forward and I dont think they are going to be able to get one without grossly over paying, or trading there future away.  So why not get the forward that you need in this years draft.  So I would choose to miss the playoffs. Plus who know maybe we will win the lottery get first pick overall.

Well, we gotta keep this in mind: to get into the playoffs, we need to get pretty damn hot in the last few games. So that means if we're in the postseason, we're probably at the top of our game in round 1 and I like that. Once you're in, anything can happen.

Luckilly, you don't have to make choices like this, but I'd still take the playoffs. You play hockey to win. Win our next game, win the next few, make the playoffs - then worry about who you get to play. We're probably (sigh) not winning the Cup this year, that means sooner or later we're losing and if so, I'd rather it comes later than sooner.

Just to put it to perspective, last year the kings kept losing one goal games that quick stood on his head for, much like brodeur has been doing. the joke was he's going to falcon punch his team for losing all those games, then they barely made it in at 8th place and sh!t hit the fan.

I BELIEVE.

Marty has been mediocre if not poor for a number of games.. Quick was a revelation last yr.

This Marty delusion that takes hold on some on this board is mind boggling.

I'm with you Colin, I'd rather the draft pick if they were to limp into the playoffs and get kicked in 5 games.

HOWEVER..in this case, they'd almost certainly have to go on a winning streak to make the playoffs.  And we all know, it's all about who's hot come playoffs.

Marty has been mediocre if not poor for a number of games.. Quick was a revelation last yr.

This Marty delusion that takes hold on some on this board is mind boggling.

People are gonna see it if we ever get a .920 goalie who isn't Brodeur, but until then we're going to hear lots of 'I wish we had Brodeur' even if that guy is clearly better than Brodeur's been the last 3 years

People are gonna see it if we ever get a .920 goalie who isn't Brodeur, but until then we're going to hear lots of 'I wish we had Brodeur' even if that guy is clearly better than Brodeur's been the last 3 years

Yeah.  But my worry is the Devils braintrust have grown to believe in the system and think they can throw something out there and even if it's mediocre, it's acceptable.

Overall though I wholeheartedly agree with your premise.  Looking at some of the other goalies around the league who are even playing with sloppy defensive units and putting up solid save %s and good consistency has me encouraged for a post-Brodeur era (provided we make the right moves/decisions in goal).

I still believe. Just not ready to go months with no hockey again i love watching and looking forward to watching this team too much.. Even though they havent looked good! No matter what happens it is what it is, im still proud to be a fan of this organization

i thought this was a cup team at the end of the first month but it definitely looks like this one is over.

Well, deep deep down I still believe. I am very well aware that it is an enormous longshot, but if we win every game we have left (which is not impossible) and considering we play the rags twice, we just need to wait for them to slip up. They have not been playing bad hockey for the past few games, and last night the offence had a different look to it, so I for one still believe. 

Any word on Kovy's return?

It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned now.

Either they come storming back, make the playoffs, and who knows what happens.

Or they continue to lose, and the team gets a stud in the draft.

Win-Win!

(...assuming they don't go .500 from this point out and move up unnecessarily)