GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30, NBCSN

Devils Pride 26

There is none to be honest. i dont know why i said that in the first place hahahhaa. this team is just to up and down with everything you said. 

.500 teams do this that's why. They don't have enough talent to win 5-6 games in a row and they aren't so devoid that they can go on an extended losing streak. They are so painfully average. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can get them, but it will require giving up Severson or Matteau, which Lou will not do

Cammy is a UFA.  I'm willing to give up Severson for him even if he is a rental.  However, we'd need to dump salary.  Volchenkov would be ideal, but he has a NTC.  Salvador or Fayne would have to go.

This team really is just junk, isn't it.

Bunch of spare parts, in all honesty.

I mean, this is what we should've expected going in. You can't lose the offensive talent the Devils did and be very competitive.

I wish this team would just.. Go one way or the other already. Either string some wins together, or fall way out of playoff contention so Lou will sell off some veterans.

Worst case scenario? This team is 5 or 6 points back of 3rd at the deadline, and Lou makes that minor acquisition he so often does because he's convinced they can make the playoffs.

Oh, and Cory needs to fvcking play. PDB is pissing me off, again. Maybe time to bump that other thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

.500 teams do this that's why. They don't have enough talent to win 5-6 games in a row and they aren't so devoid that they can go on an extended losing streak. They are so painfully average. 

Im not use to watching a devils team like this besides the maclean but that wasnt for a whole year. This team is my first average devils team i have seen in my life time and i was born in 89. Plus i dont really remember the 90s very well cuz of my age at that time. so it has me very frustrated and annoyed

It sucks when our most talented players are either old or unproven.  Our prime players are mostly 2nd / 3rd line tweeners.

Im not use to watching a devils team like this besides the maclean but that wasnt for a whole year. This team is my first average devils team i have seen in my life time and i was born in 89. Plus i dont really remember the 90s very well cuz of my age at that time. so it has me very frustrated and annoyed

The 10-11 team was bipolar.  Worst record through the first 41 games, and best record through the second half of 41 games.

The Devils will make the playoffs if any of 3 of the 4 happen......

1. Schneider gets most of the starts.  I'm talking like 80-90% of the starts.
  2. Gelinas gets called back up, and is in the lineup consistently.
  3. Elias comes back, and stays healthy.
  4. Lou acquires at least one more top 6 forward like Cammalleri or Hudler.  Ideally we could use 2 more.

THANK YOU!  I couldn't agree more.  Gelinas also has been so much better offensively, it's no wonder why we only have 3 goals in the past 2 games.  That and Elias missing.

1) Not happening. Doesn't matter unless they score so that is going to tie in with acquiring more skill which LL can not do this season. 

2) Then people who want this are going to have to sit down and shut up when he makes a mistake. You can not have it both ways. He'll make mistakes before he gets better. People are going to have to take the good and bad.

3) It's alot to ask of another older player. They need Brunner, too. 

4) Those are players cup contenders will be in the mix for come March, too. These are perfect depth players. Hudler will be a prime target. Cup contenders who have depth and picks that is. Salvador, Volchenkov, Fayne and Harrold are not bringing back anything. These are the type of players you dump for picks and definitely not high ones.

Lou has his work cut out for him. Just think where they would be without Jagr. That thought alone puts in perspective how devoid of talent they really are. I said it in another thread, the type of talent the Devils need can not be acquired through a trade. They do not have the assets unless they dump whatever prospects they have and that includes Gelinas, Matteau and Merrill. That's not going to happen. Perhaps they can take on a salary dump from someone for somebody, where taking the contract lessens the return. That would be un-Lou like, too.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Cammy is a UFA.  I'm willing to give up Severson for him even if he is a rental.  However, we'd need to dump salary.  Volchenkov would be ideal, but he has a NTC.  Salvador or Fayne would have to go.

The other team also has a say in the trade. Why would they take our garbage for Cammy?

THANK YOU!  I couldn't agree more.  Gelinas also has been so much better offensively, it's no wonder why we only have 3 goals in the past 2 games.  That and Elias missing.

Gelinas has been having a terrible time defensively and has 1 assist in his last 9 games. He's not going to be the savior. 

It sucks when our most talented players are either old or unproven.  Our prime players are mostly 2nd / 3rd line tweeners.

The 10-11 team was bipolar.  Worst record through the first 41 games, and best record through the second half of 41 games.

Very true. i just hate seeing this team be like this. 

The other team also has a say in the trade. Why would they take our garbage for Cammy?

Gelinas has been having a terrible time defensively and has 1 assist in his last 9 games. He's not going to be the savior. 

And as I've been saying he brings an element of offense that Merrill does not bring.  Gelinas has also been solid defensively before this rough ten game stretch.  Because he is more valuable to this team right now than Merrill, he deserves the opportunity to play through it.

Guys like Fayne, Zidlicky, and Salvador are not garbage.  Albeit, those guys will only fetch us draft picks or mid level prospects most likely which doesn't help us this year. We couldn't give Volchenkov away if we tried.  But he's been solid this year anyways, so we should hold on to him.

But if we have to, I'm not against trading Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, or Severson if it means us getting an impact player.  Granted, it would take an overpayment by the opposition to get those guys.

The only untouchable d-man imo is Greene.

1) Not happening. Doesn't matter unless they score so that is going to tie in with acquiring more skill which LL can not do this season. 

2) Then people who want this are going to have to sit down and shut up when he makes a mistake. You can not have it both ways. He'll make mistakes before he gets better. People are going to have to take the good and bad.

3) It's alot to ask of another older player. They need Brunner, too. 

4) Those are players cup contenders will be in the mix for come March, too. These are perfect depth players. Hudler will be a prime target. Cup contenders who have depth and picks that is. Salvador, Volchenkov, Fayne and Harrold are not bringing back anything. These are the type of players you dump for picks and definitely not high ones.

Lou has his work cut out for him. Just think where they would be without Jagr. That thought alone puts in perspective how devoid of talent they really are. I said it in another thread, the type of talent the Devils need can not be acquired through a trade. They do not have the assets unless they dump whatever prospects they have and that includes Gelinas, Matteau and Merrill. That's not going to happen. Perhaps they can take on a salary dump from someone for somebody, where taking the contract lessens the return. That would be un-Lou like, too.

1. Sadly I agree.  But hopefully he still gets like 60-70% of the starts at least.

2. I agree.  I'm willing to let him screw up as long as he is given the opportunity to play.  We NEED Gelinas and his offense.  Nothing against Merrill who I agree has looked good.  But if we want to win, Gelinas is the more valuable player.

3. Elias is usually pretty durable.  But I agree.  Brunner coming back would help immensely.

4. I agree.  But from what I can see, most of the elite teams need defensive help, and not offensive help.

Guys like Fayne, Zidlicky, and Salvador are not garbage.  Albeit, those guys will only fetch us draft picks or mid level prospects most likely which doesn't help us this year. We couldn't give Volchenkov away if we tried.  But he's been solid this year anyways, so we should hold on to him.

But if we have to, I'm not against trading Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, or Severson if it means us getting an impact player.  Granted, it would take an overpayment by the opposition to get those guys.

The only untouchable d-man imo is Greene.

Fayne is essentially garbage at this point.  He's a UFA with no offensive skill, no mobility and he hasn't exactly been great defensively the last two years either.  Salvador has almost zero value, at least until this offseason maybe when the cap goes up and he's an expiring contract.  But you ain't getting all that much for him now.  We got him for Cam Freaking Janssen seven years ago.  Zidlicky has some value but he ain't going anywhere as long as this team gets enough loser points to give itself the illusion of contending, especially since Gelinas is the latest Pete kid invited into the doghouse.

BTW, this team will make the playoffs. I will stick to that prediction until the very end.

I mean, of course id want to make the playoffs but honestly whats the point? We dont have the talent to make a run. I know the whole "once youre in the playoffs you never know!" But come on, what was the last team who won a cup without at least one or 2 top players?

We need to be sellers, we need to stack for the future somehow. Not ship away our prospects, ufas for a rental who may make a difference.

Edited by SterioDesign

Fayne is essentially garbage at this point.  He's a UFA with no offensive skill, no mobility and he hasn't exactly been great defensively the last two years either.  Salvador has almost zero value, at least until this offseason maybe when the cap goes up and he's an expiring contract.  But you ain't getting all that much for him now.  We got him for Cam Freaking Janssen seven years ago.  Zidlicky has some value but he ain't going anywhere as long as this team gets enough loser points to give itself the illusion of contending, especially since Gelinas is the latest Pete kid invited into the doghouse.

Fayne is definitely not garbage.  I agree he wouldn't fetch a whole lot.  But he's a good skater, and has a good shot at least.  He's still solid defensively.

I mean, of course id want to make the playoffs but honestly whats the point? We dont have the talent to make a run. I know the whole "once youre in the playoffs you never know!" But come on, what was the last team who won a cup without at least one or 2 top players?

We need to be sellers, we need to stack for the future somehow. Not ship away our prospects, ufas for a rental who may make a difference.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely not a single negative in making the playoffs.  If you have the chance to make the playoffs, you do everything you can to make the playoffs.  I honestly don't care what our "chances" are in winning the Cup.

thanks for jynxing us

Hey people thought I was crazy when I said we'd be playing for the Cup in 2012.  I actually said that right before the playoffs started.

Funny story from that year though.  I ordered a hat from NHL.com right before the ECF vs the Rags started.  I got the package the day of game 3 of that series.  However, I opened the box to find out they accidentally sent me a Kings hat.  And guess who we ended up losing to in the SCF.  :(

thanks for jynxing us

What jinx...we're like five points out, ain't like we're in all that great a position as is :P

People keep comparing this to 2012 but stack the rosters up, it ain't pretty.  Even the roster from the BEGINNING of 2012 was better than the garbage we're running out most nights now, before all the changes that actually turned us into a good team that year.