GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30, NBCSN

Devils Pride 26

Bergeron is a two way superstar. Not elite. But a superstar that coaches take notice. He's a beast defensively and will score if you let your guard down. Richards as I said come play off time is LA's deep threats in the postseason. And Carter yeah he's a pure scorer like Perry. Kopitar and Bergeron, Datsyuk, Kesler are thr leagues best Two way forwards. Take as you want bro, but that's that. And Cammy, I'd rather a Ganger or Hudler instead if we're gonna give up pieces.

Edited by CarterforPresident

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergeron is a two way superstar. Not elite. But a superstar that coaches take notice. He's a beast defensively and will score if you let your guard down. Richards as I said come play off time is LA's deep threats in the postseason. And Carter yeah he's a pure scorer like Perry. Kopitar and Bergeron, Datsyuk, Kesler are thr leagues best Two way forwards. Take as you want bro, but that's that. And Cammy, I'd rather a Ganger or Hudler instead if we're gonna give up pieces.

Bergeron is barely a 60 point player.  He is a great two way player, but superstar he is not.  Toews is a true 2 way superstar, but not Bergeron.  Datsyuk is the only player out of the list you provided I would actually call a superstar.  Elias even at 37 is in the same tier as Bergeron, Kopitar, and Kesler as far as I'm concerned.  I don't think any of use would call Elias a superstar.

When it comes to a defensive forward they are..

Bergeron is barely a 60 point player. He is a great two way player, but superstar he is not. Toews is a true 2 way superstar, but not Bergeron. Datsyuk is the only player out of the list you provided I would actually call a superstar. Elias even at 37 is in the same tier as Bergeron, Kopitar, and Kesler as far as I'm concerned. I don't think any of use would call Elias a superstar.

What jinx...we're like five points out, ain't like we're in all that great a position as is :P

People keep comparing this to 2012 but stack the rosters up, it ain't pretty.  Even the roster from the BEGINNING of 2012 was better than the garbage we're running out most nights now, before all the changes that actually turned us into a good team that year.

Parise, Kovy, Clarkie....all gone

The end

Parise was the team's best all around player.

Kovy was the team's most dynamic offensive talent; absolute rifle of a shot and drew attention wherever he was, opening up areas for other players.

Clarkie was a gritty sparkplug in the lineup, who overachieved offensively with his garbage goal grinding style.

We have yet to replace any of those guys, PERIOD.

Trading Severson + for the likes of Cammerelli? That is the kind of move that works if were building to be the Islanders. Look - this team has 3 lines of complimentary players, and that's all Cam is. He is not going to be the difference on whether or not we make the playoffs.

Anyone in favor of selling of Merill, Gelinas, or Severson to save this sh!t show of a season is out of their minds. Reading that just makes me physically sick. We FINALLY have a decent prospect pool of players that could be pillars to the team, not just complimentary players. And we want to sell them off for this?!?! I'm sorry that is obscene. Yes, we suck this year. BFD. These are guys you build a franchise around for crying out loud. 

Severson for Cammerelli... Christ

I totally agree.  Selling the future of the team just so squeak into the playoffs by the skin of their collective nuts does not make sense.

I really would love to see some type of move for a REAL top 6 forward, but if it means abandoning the future then I want no part of it.

Let's see what Steen can do next year.  I don't need to bring up Cheechoo's name, do I?

The best forwards on the Bruins and Blues are mostly 65-85 point players.  They have no real game changing type of forwards on their rosters.  Wanna know another team build on depth, rather than top end talent?  The Kings.  Kopitar, their best player, is mostly gonna be in the 75-85 point range.

My point to all of this is that if we get one or two more players like a Hudler or a Cammy or a Moulson, we would be in the same boat as St. Louis or Boston.  Now before you go nuts, I'm in no way saying we'd be as good as those teams.

But imagine this roster.

CENTERS: Zajac, Elias, Henrique, Loktionov

WINGERS: Zubrus, Jagr, Ryder, Brunner, Clowe, Hudler, Cammalleri, Bernier

I would LOVE to get Moulson.

Always liked him when he was on the island.

Best post in the thread so far. This team is very flawed but still has a real decent chance at the playoffs. Do I think they go anywhere in the playoffs? No. But it's certainly not time to start making panic moves by trading one of the team's best prospects for a rental. I'd rather settle for a "meh" year than mortgage the future.

I still think Steen is going to fall back to Earth. He's shooting at 20.51% with 24 goals in 35 games at age 29. No one can keep that pace up. He's a career 9.99% shooter.

In bold:  agree completely.  Right now we're going to need to be patient.  Like I said previously, to have a realistic shot at the playoffs, the Devils are probably going to have to go 10 games over NHL .500 over their final 37 games to make the playoffs...something like 21-11-5.  Does anyone here think the Devils can really do that?  Especially if Elias misses significant time (which I'm thinking he probably will)?   

Is there a rental out there that's going to make THAT big a difference, that's going to make a .489 point% team to this point suddenly become a .635 point% team the rest of the way? 

I think the Devils need to stick with what they've got, hope Schneider can somehow take the #1 goalie slot under a coach that sure seems to be against that idea (yes, PDB seemed open to the idea earlier this season, but not right now).  If they're firmly in the playoff hunt and looking like they're on the upswing around the trade deadline, and Cory's locked in, I'm fine with them being cautious/conservative buyers OR sellers at the deadline.  If they're out of it, hopefully they can unload a body or two, even if the returns aren't great. 

I know the following has a .000001% chance of happening, so I'm not kidding myself here, but I wonder, if the Devils are firmly OUT of the playoff hunt by the trading deadline, would they even entertain the idea of trading Brodeur to a team that doesn't have a great #1 in place?

Any GM that does his homework and isn't looking to acquire Brodeur strictly on name recognition, reputation, and gaudy lifetime numbers will see what the rest of us have:  a .901 save% last season, a .902 save% this season, occasional flashes of the Brodeur of old, but more often than not, just an old Brodeur.  But acquiring him shouldn't cost much (probably a conditional upper-round pick and a mid-rounder), and some GMs/coaches like the idea of having an experienced guy around, for whatever that's worth. 

Would it be great to see Marty play every last one of his games in a Devil uniform?  Sure, of course it would.  But I've seen him play 1245 (and counting) regular season games, and 205 playoff games.  I've seen him spend his entire prime with the New Jersey Devils...one of the longest primes ever for an NHL goaltender.  Is his playing a handful of games for another team that's a Stanley Cup hopeful going to bother me?  Not at all...depending on the team, I'd probably root for him to go out a winner. 

Most fans will hate to see him leave, but let's face it, Schneider is the future (he's supposed to be, anyway), and after the trading deadline, the Devils will have 19 games left on the schedule.  I'd like to see Schneider get at least 15 of those starts, maybe even more, and get some uninhibited time as the Devils #1 guy, where PDB doesn't have his safety valve to fall back on anymore.  Admittedly, I'm not sure what the Devils would do about the backup situation (doesn't seem fair to the Albany team to steal Kinkaid so he can sit and play three or four games for the Devils, and Wedge hasn't played well in the AHL so far).   

Of course, like I said, I know the chances of this happening are minuscule, and regardless of where the Devils are in the standings by March 5, I fully expect Marty will be here.  And he'll probably get more starts than he should.   

Let's see what Steen can do next year.  I don't need to bring up Cheechoo's name, do I?

The best forwards on the Bruins and Blues are mostly 65-85 point players.  

Problem with your premise is they - particularly the Bruins - have a TON of those guys.  How many players on our current roster would you even classify as a 65-point player?  If you answer anyone other than Elias and MAYBE Jagr if he stays healthy (because of his strong start) you're being a homer.  And the Bruins also have a defense led by a HOF player.  We don't have a Chara coming through that door anytime soon.

In bold:  agree completely.  Right now we're going to need to be patient.  Like I said previously, to have a realistic shot at the playoffs, the Devils are probably going to have to go 10 games over NHL .500 over their final 37 games to make the playoffs...something like 21-11-5.  Does anyone here think the Devils can really do that?  Especially if Elias misses significant time (which I'm thinking he probably will)?   

Is there a rental out there that's going to make THAT big a difference, that's going to make a .489 point% team to this point suddenly become a .635 point% team the rest of the way? 

I think the Devils need to stick with what they've got, hope Schneider can somehow take the #1 goalie slot under a coach that sure seems to be against that idea (yes, PDB seemed open to the idea earlier this season, but not right now).  If they're firmly in the playoff hunt and looking like they're on the upswing around the trade deadline, and Cory's locked in, I'm fine with them being cautious/conservative buyers OR sellers at the deadline.  If they're out of it, hopefully they can unload a body or two, even if the returns aren't great. 

I know the following has a .000001% chance of happening, so I'm not kidding myself here, but I wonder, if the Devils are firmly OUT of the playoff hunt by the trading deadline, would they even entertain the idea of trading Brodeur to a team that doesn't have a great #1 in place?

Any GM that does his homework and isn't looking to acquire Brodeur strictly on name recognition, reputation, and gaudy lifetime numbers will see what the rest of us have:  a .901 save% last season, a .902 save% this season, occasional flashes of the Brodeur of old, but more often than not, just an old Brodeur.  But acquiring him shouldn't cost much (probably a conditional upper-round pick and a mid-rounder), and some GMs/coaches like the idea of having an experienced guy around, for whatever that's worth. 

Would it be great to see Marty play every last one of his games in a Devil uniform?  Sure, of course it would.  But I've seen him play 1245 (and counting) regular season games, and 205 playoff games.  I've seen him spend his entire prime with the New Jersey Devils...one of the longest primes ever for an NHL goaltender.  Is his playing a handful of games for another team that's a Stanley Cup hopeful going to bother me?  Not at all...depending on the team, I'd probably root for him to go out a winner. 

Most fans will hate to see him leave, but let's face it, Schneider is the future (he's supposed to be, anyway), and after the trading deadline, the Devils will have 19 games left on the schedule.  I'd like to see Schneider get at least 15 of those starts, maybe even more, and get some uninhibited time as the Devils #1 guy, where PDB doesn't have his safety valve to fall back on anymore.  Admittedly, I'm not sure what the Devils would do about the backup situation (doesn't seem fair to the Albany team to steal Kinkaid so he can sit and play three or four games for the Devils, and Wedge hasn't played well in the AHL so far).   

Of course, like I said, I know the chances of this happening are minuscule, and regardless of where the Devils are in the standings by March 5, I fully expect Marty will be here.  And he'll probably get more starts than he should.   

Blasphemous!

I hope we never see Marty in another jersey, ever.

Unless he is persistent and wants to play until he is 50, then it is what it is.

I hope we can squeak into the playoffs.  I hope Jagr resigns for another year, and Marty comes back for one more as the backup.

We will see....

Problem with your premise is they - particularly the Bruins - have a TON of those guys.  How many players on our current roster would you even classify as a 65-point player?  If you answer anyone other than Elias and MAYBE Jagr if he stays healthy (because of his strong start) you're being a homer.  And the Bruins also have a defense led by a HOF player.  We don't have a Chara coming through that door anytime soon.

Ryder should be a 55ish point player....

Blasphemous!

I hope we never see Marty in another jersey, ever.

Unless he is persistent and wants to play until he is 50, then it is what it is.

I hope we can squeak into the playoffs.  I hope Jagr resigns for another year, and Marty comes back for one more as the backup.

We will see....

Ryder should be a 55ish point player....

So basically, you want to Devils to take the Mark Messier approach with Brodeur (basically, let him dictate everything 100% on his own terms).  I can definitely understand the argument for letting Brodeur finish out this year's contract as a Devil, and I'm not against it...if anything, if the Devils are out of it, they'd be doing him a favor by moving him, as they're not going to get much in return, and Marty would get to enjoy one least playoff run before he (hopefully) retires.  And I know fully that none of this happens without Marty giving his 100% approval.  But Lou is crazy to bring Brodeur back as a backup next season.  For one, PDB can't be trusted to think of Marty as a pure backup.  For another, the Devils have already given Marty a lifetime achievement contract for last season and this, when he's been a lower-echelon goalie in both seasons.  A .902 save% is flat-out pretty bad in 2014.  Yes, he has the occasional flash, and it's fun to watch when he does.  But this team is going to have to forge a new identity sooner than later, and I fully expect that Marty will remain with the organization in some capacity. 

I hope we can squeak into the playoffs too (who doesn't, really), but the odds are pretty long. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

So basically, you want to Devils to take the Mark Messier approach with Brodeur (basically, let him dictate everything 100% on his own terms).  I can definitely understand the argument for letting Brodeur finish out this year's contract as a Devil, and I'm not against it...if anything, if the Devils are out of it, they'd be doing him a favor by moving him, as they're not going to get much in return, and Marty would get to enjoy one least playoff run before he (hopefully) retires.  And I know fully that none of this happens without Marty giving his 100% approval.  But Lou is crazy to bring Brodeur back as a backup next season.  For one, PDB can't be trusted to think of Marty as a pure backup.  For another, the Devils have already given Marty a lifetime achievement contract for last season and this, when he's been a lower-echelon goalie in both seasons.  A .902 save% is flat-out pretty bad in 2014.  Yes, he has the occasional flash, and it's fun to watch when he does.  But this team is going to have to forge a new identity sooner than later, and I fully expect that Marty will remain with the organization in some capacity. 

I hope we can squeak into the playoffs too (who doesn't, really), but the odds are pretty long. 

Marty was owed THIS season, as a farewell tour. he's played the part well. but it must end here and not trickle over to 2014/15.  knowing marty he might love a trade to a contender but who? pitts? isles crapped the bed, miburrys not running a team now

Marty was owed THIS season, as a farewell tour. he's played the part well. but it must end here and not trickle over to 2014/15.  knowing marty he might love a trade to a contender but who? pitts? isles crapped the bed, miburrys not running a team now

Agreed 100%.  Understood completely why he was given these two seasons (especially since he had that 50-game burst to finish out 2012), even though we knew he probably wasn't going to be great during the two years...and in fairness, though there were ugly games and stretches, there was never that .870, 3.20+ GAA month that just screamed "OMG, he's 100% shot, quit already!" 

But yeah, there can't be a "Thanks for everything contract, Part II".  This should be his last season as a Devil.  If he insists that he's still got something left (and I don't think he'll ever truly think of himself as a backup), then he's got to do it elsewhere. 

A few things:

1) Lou, not in a million years, would ask Marty or come to Marty with a trade proposal.

2) Marty already said that, while open to the idea, he would not go to Lou asking for a trade.

3) What playoff team would have much interest in Brodeur? I don't see a situation where Brodeur coming in would help any team

4) Brodeur was probably open to be dealt when he thought he wasn't going to play much. He's been the starter this season.

Edited by devilsrule33

uh... why are we all going on and on riding brodeurs cock here like hes the one at fault for the loss... were half way threw this season and already everyone is chiming in how he better not get another year yada yada... mean while he hasnt even been that bad.. not any worse then cory if not hes even been better when the team has needed him to.. the real problem is the team just isnt scoring any goals and no matter what the goaltender situation is you obviously cannot win a game by scoring 1 or even 2 goals.. brodeur has been fine and if he continues to even play to the level that he has been i wouldnt have a problem with him getting another year.. cory hasnt been anything special here people.

uh... why are we all going on and on riding brodeurs cock here like hes the one at fault for the loss... were half way threw this season and already everyone is chiming in how he better not get another year yada yada... mean while he hasnt even been that bad.. not any worse then cory if not hes even been better when the team has needed him to.. the real problem is the team just isnt scoring any goals and no matter what the goaltender situation is you obviously cannot win a game by scoring 1 or even 2 goals.. brodeur has been fine and if he continues to even play to the level that he has been i wouldnt have a problem with him getting another year.. cory hasnt been anything special here people.

Most people aren't "riding Brodeur's cock".  And he has NOT been fine overall.  He's been inconsistent, which has been the norm for the last four seasons.  The difference is he enjoyed prolonged stretches of good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12.  The last two seasons, he's been very up-and-down, and he's got a lot of miles on him.  He's also going to be 42 years old in May.   

Cory has been better overall (not great, but better), but it's pretty hard to win with damned near no goal support most nights.  Marty's gotten better goal support, not even close. 

A few things:

1) Lou, not in a million years, would ask Marty or come to Marty with a trade proposal.

2) Marty already said that, while open to the idea, he would not go to Lou asking for a trade.

3) What playoff team would have much interest in Brodeur? I don't see a situation where Brodeur coming in would help any team

4) Brodeur was probably open to be dealt when he thought he wasn't going to play much. He's been the starter this season.

Re-read my post.  I did very clearly say that this has a .000001% chance of happening when I brought up the possibility.  I pretty much fully expect Marty will finish out the year as a Devil.  But, to answer "a few things":

1), 2), and 3) IF the team looks like it has NO chance at a playoff berth, maybe Lou and Marty discuss the IDEA of moving him (more as friends than anything else).  IF there actually is a team even interested, and yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of mutual respect involved if such a possibility ever moves to the "could happen" stage.  Like I said, from a pure, on-ice standpoint, yeah, Marty's probably not going to help a team that much...think Chico when the Flyers acquired him.  But it wouldn't surprise me that much if a GM thought his presence and experience might be a good thing, especially since he's not going to cost anyone much. 

4) Who knows what Brodeur's thinking as March 5 approaches?  If he's not interested in becoming part of another team's Cup run (Jagr has already admitted as such), then yeah, he's definitely not going anywhere.  But if the Devils are playing poorly, he could very well decide that he wouldn't mind one last shot.  It's hard to tell...we've seen some guys invoke their no-trade clauses to pass up chances to go play with contenders.

Again, I seriously doubt Brodeur wears any other jersey that the one he's wearing right now, and I'd truly be stunned if anything came to pass.    

i dont think its fair to say that cory has been "better" then marty.. however they clearly do give him more goal support and when several players were asked why they had no reason nor answer some saying its just coincidence .. some say they truely believe thaf the way marty handles the puck over cory contributes to more goal scoring etc. ... dont think anyone can say that cory has been better or more consistent then brodeur this season .. and while i understand martys age and am also concerned about him breaking down.. i again wouldnt be opposed nor upset if he was signed to another year as long as cory is there as well i dont think there would be all that much to worry about..alot of over reactions here.

Most people aren't "riding Brodeur's cock".  And he has NOT been fine overall.  He's been inconsistent, which has been the norm for the last four seasons.  The difference is he enjoyed prolonged stretches of good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12.  The last two seasons, he's been very up-and-down, and he's got a lot of miles on him.  He's also going to be 42 years old in May.   

Cory has been better overall (not great, but better), but it's pretty hard to win with damned near no goal support most nights.  Marty's gotten better goal support, not even close. 

Re-read my post.  I did very clearly say that this has a .000001% chance of happening when I brought up the possibility.  I pretty much fully expect Marty will finish out the year as a Devil.  But, to answer "a few things":

1), 2), and 3) IF the team looks like it has NO chance at a playoff berth, maybe Lou and Marty discuss the IDEA of moving him (more as friends than anything else).  IF there actually is a team even interested, and yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of mutual respect involved if such a possibility ever moves to the "could happen" stage.  Like I said, from a pure, on-ice standpoint, yeah, Marty's probably not going to help a team that much...think Chico when the Flyers acquired him.  But it wouldn't surprise me that much if a GM thought his presence and experience might be a good thing, especially since he's not going to cost anyone much. 

4) Who knows what Brodeur's thinking as March 5 approaches?  If he's not interested in becoming part of another team's Cup run (Jagr has already admitted as such), then yeah, he's definitely not going anywhere.  But if the Devils are playing poorly, he could very well decide that he wouldn't mind one last shot.  It's hard to tell...we've seen some guys invoke their no-trade clauses to pass up chances to go play with contenders.

Again, I seriously doubt Brodeur wears any other jersey that the one he's wearing right now, and I'd truly be stunned if anything came to pass.    

Not suggesting that you think there is a possibility more than 0.00000whatever percent, but you brought it up, so those were my thoughts.

I don't feel Lou and Marty will discuss this. I also don't understand what Marty or a team would gain from this. If Brodeur was traded to a playoff team, he is not an upgrade over any of their goalies. Would going to a playoff team as a backup be something Marty would even want? Maybe, but it be the strangest thing ever. I also think his value would be almost non-existent.

I was just looking at Brodeur's numbers on Hockey-Reference. They have an interesting metric, Goals Saved Above Average. In a nutshell a goalie's numbers are compared against the league average for that season and they find out how much better or worse they compared to their counterparts. More detailed explanation here.

You nailed it at the last 4 years. Brodeur has been below average in GSAA since 2010-11.GSAA: 2010-11: -12.62, 2011-12: -8.73, 2012-13: -7.40, 2013-14: -6.65. Nothing no one that has been watching him the last few years wouldn't know but we are only getting deeper and deeper into the decline and the numbers further illustrate that. I love Brodeur but I don't have much interest in watching a 42 year old shell of his former self next year.

Also to add to that, Brodeur hasn't had a SV% above .910 since 2009-10. Only goalies to go above that mark after age 40 in NHL history are Hasek (twice), Roloson, and Khabibulin - though he only played 12 games.

i dont think its fair to say that cory has been "better" then marty.. however they clearly do give him more goal support and when several players were asked why they had no reason nor answer some saying its just coincidence .. some say they truely believe thaf the way marty handles the puck over cory contributes to more goal scoring etc. ... dont think anyone can say that cory has been better or more consistent then brodeur this season .. and while i understand martys age and am also concerned about him breaking down.. i again wouldnt be opposed nor upset if he was signed to another year as long as cory is there as well i dont think there would be all that much to worry about..alot of over reactions here.

Schneider hasn't played up to his standards but he's certainly been better than Brodeur.

Schneider: 19 GP 2.13 GAA, .914 SV%, 2 SO, 99 GA%-, +0.36 GSAA

Brodeur: 25 GP 2.39 GAA, .902 SV%, 3 SO, 112 GA%-, -6.65 GSAA

The problem with Brodeur signing another deal here is that it puts (unfair) pressure on DeBoer to have a clearly past his prime legend around, thus creating a situation where he plays more than he should. It also would probably irritate Schneider who would then be unlikely to sign an extension imo. I mean at that point why not wait it out, go to free agency and go to the highest bidder?

Brodeur is terrible.  There's really no other way to put it - yes he's vacillated between being good and catastrophically bad, but he's not good at all, we can say that for certain.  He cannot stay here another year.  He's already helping cost NJ the playoffs this year, and did so last year, and will continue to do so as long as he is in a Devils uniform.

Schneider hasn't played up to his standards but he's certainly been better than Brodeur.

Schneider: 19 GP 2.13 GAA, .914 SV%, 2 SO, 99 GA%-, +0.36 GSAA

Brodeur: 25 GP 2.39 GAA, .902 SV%, 3 SO, 112 GA%-, -6.65 GSAA

The problem with Brodeur signing another deal here is that it puts (unfair) pressure on DeBoer to have a clearly past his prime legend around, thus creating a situation where he plays more than he should. It also would probably irritate Schneider who would then be unlikely to sign an extension imo. I mean at that point why not wait it out, go to free agency and go to the highest bidder?

This obsession with Marty's save percentage and his performance in general, especially this year, is a red herring. 

Say it with me again, this team cannot score goals.  They are fourth from the bottom, only ahead of Calgary, Buffalo and Florida.  And even still, the Devils record is pretty respectable, their goals against is low, and they would be comfortably in a playoff spot if they managed to have won a few shootouts.  This does not strike me as having some sort of crisis in net, except if you're talking about implications for the future with Schneider.

You need Vezina level goaltending to make up for how awful the Devils are on offense.  We were expecting that from Schneider, and it hasn't come yet.  And it isn't for lack of DeBoer giving every chance to give Schneider the main role. 

This obsession with Marty's save percentage and his performance in general, especially this year, is a red herring. 

Say it with me again, this team cannot score goals.  They are fourth from the bottom, only ahead of Calgary, Buffalo and Florida.  And even still, the Devils record is pretty respectable, their goals against is low, and they would be comfortably in a playoff spot if they managed to have won a few shootouts.  This does not strike me as having some sort of crisis in net, except if you're talking about implications for the future with Schneider.

You need Vezina level goaltending to make up for how awful the Devils are on offense.  We were expecting that from Schneider, and it hasn't come yet.  And it isn't for lack of DeBoer giving every chance to give Schneider the main role. 

The poster I was responding to was comparing Brodeur and Schneider which is what I followed up with. We weren't talking about the offense. We all know the Devils are one of the worst offensive teams in the league and have a higher on-ice SH% for Brodeur and the opposite for Schneider.

A goalie's job is to stop pucks and Brodeur simply doesn't do that good enough. That's why save percentage matters. The Devils have been fortunate to win the amount of games with him in the net as they have.